Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert! >
  • Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert!

• Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert!

Old 09-23-2011, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by katvert
    Finally got a chance during this busy week to catch up on some messages -
    Way to go everyone, so many people are doing so well.
    Missy - your story is so inspirational, I think it is so neat that not only are you focusing on the numbers but you are able to do so much more physically.
    Elm - I too have had issues with portion control, so I went to the dollar store and got some cheap baggies and soon as I buy a snack, I break it up into portion sizes. If 6 pretzels is a portion then 6 pretzels go in the bag. It has really helped me - and stops that roving hand from reaching in the bag. I also jot the WW points (or calories) down on the bag.
    Today was weigh in day and a horrible stressful week, but I managed to loose 1 more pound, at least it is down and not up. If I can loose 4 more pounds then I will have lost 5% of my body weight.
    Determined to do more about my weight I went to an extra water exercise class instead of the couch. So I exercised for 2.5 hours today (and it is barely noon here), I think I will do some wii with my son this afternoon also.

Great Job everyone.
    Thank you so much! The very first thing I did when I started this journey more than a year ago was to study what a serving size is for the food I like to eat. For example, 17 grapes are a serving and, like you, I immediately repackage the food when I get home. It works and is an amazing thing when you realize that all you have to do is grab a bag and eat that. Knowing that those grapes are a serving then I rarely went after a second baggie.

Oh and I haven't mentioned this is AGES but grapes are incredible frozen. Just separate them into baggies and pop in the freezer. They are delicious in juice or tea or just plain frozen. Yummm Yummm Yummm!

Missy
    Old 09-23-2011, 11:58 AM

Oh my gosh! My mom just took a picture of me with both my legs in one leg of my favorite pants. I have been wearing these pants for years and did not really see how big they are now until my mom told me to do that! Wow. They are HUGE and I am in shock about what I look like in them! Uh. I think it is time to not wear them anymore. *shakes head in disbelief*

Oh wow oh wow oh wow!

Missy
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-261232.jpe  
    Old 09-23-2011, 12:07 PM

WOW for sure! That's an amazing job you've done/are doing.I'm so happy for you & that pic will show others what is possible.....thanks for sharing it.

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
    Oh my gosh! My mom just took a picture of me with both my legs in one leg of my favorite pants. I have been wearing these pants for years and did not really see how big they are now until my mom told me to do that! Wow. They are HUGE and I am in shock about what I look like in them! Uh. I think it is time to not wear them anymore. *shakes head in disbelief*

Oh wow oh wow oh wow!

Missy
    Old 09-23-2011, 12:08 PM

MissyGirl,
    You look so great! I know you are proud to get rid of your "fat" pants.

I still have these size 22 workout pants for you. Are you ready?

Did you get your fabric?
    Hugs,
    MJ
    Old 09-23-2011, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by purplemem
    MissyGirl,
    You look so great! I know you are proud to get rid of your "fat" pants.

I still have these size 22 workout pants for you. Are you ready?

Did you get your fabric?
    Hugs,
    MJ
    I got it this morning!! Thank you thank you!!! It is so beautiful!

I am in a 30-32 right now but I WILL need those 22s soon! (I sure am working on it!) Woohoo!! Yep I am so happy to not HAVE to wear those pants. I am going to keep that pair those because I think it will be awesome to see the pictures taken in the month ahead look like!

Missy
    Old 09-23-2011, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by plainpat
    WOW for sure! That's an amazing job you've done/are doing.I'm so happy for you & that pic will show others what is possible.....thanks for sharing it.

Oh wow oh wow oh wow!

Missy
    Oh thank you so much! It is just so cool to see these changes. I never thought I would ever feel like this or even get to the point where this would be possible. Wow.

Missy
    Old 09-23-2011, 12:19 PM
    mim

Missy -- you look great -- you really are an inspiration to all of us. No matter how much or little we still have to go
    Mim
    Old 09-23-2011, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by mim
    Missy -- you look great -- you really are an inspiration to all of us. No matter how much or little we still have to go
    Mim
    Thank you Mim! That is so so sweet of you to say!

Missy
    Old 09-23-2011, 01:03 PM

way to go, woman!! it feels terrific to get into a smaller size, doesn't it!! even your face looks so different! you look wonderful! (oh, yeah, that's right... you ARE wonderful!) i'm going to keep on, keepin' on. this is for life! and i choose to live!
    thanks, judy. i thought of doing a collar mock up 1/2 poly quilted, 1/2 cotton batting, so that's in the washer as we speak. i'll probably have to quilt, then cut out. or just 'summer quilting' with no batting. does the fleece provide alot of warmth? i have plenty of fabric left so may try a sample of that, too, if neither of these are going to do. i just want it done, as in right now! so i can see it. but i also want it to be good enough to give to someone. :-)
    Old 09-23-2011, 03:29 PM

Praise for wt loss is a good thing.DD was here today (she lives 60 miles away) & showed her your pic & post.She's a wt loss vet,lost over 100pds with WW ,has kept it off 4 yrs & works for WW.

Wanted to share what she said....... "tell her "congrats" look how far she has come! she should be so PROUD OF HER EFFORTS!!" So there's another compliment on how good you're doing.

Oh wow oh wow oh wow!

Missy