Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert! >
  • Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert!

• Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert!

Old 09-23-2011, 03:31 PM

Missy, you have lost a PERSON! You inspire us so much. How is your energy level? You sound real perky. Thanks for sharing this journey with us.

Well, I don't have the flu, I have walking pneumonia. I wanna know where the hell this came from? I am so damn sick of being sick that I don't care about my eating nor my exercise - which I am getting NONE of. I haven't had fever all day and I see the doctor again on Monday. The antibiotics are rough on my stomach - I usually take them after meals.

Now that I have gotten my bitch session off my chest, I will focus on the positive and being restored to full health.

I have a half marathon to train for!

Have a blessed Friday evening my friends.
    Old 09-23-2011, 04:15 PM

Lynne, time for onions and honey to clear your lungs. Raw onions, if you can, and natural honey. It's hard to find raw here. I had to steam my onions slightly, let them cool and then add the honey. It worked like a charm. You can't run if you can't breathe.

Down a pound today, but I had a hot dog attack tonight, so we'll see if it holds.
    Old 09-23-2011, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by plainpat
    Praise for wt loss is a good thing.DD was here today (she lives 60 miles away) & showed her your pic & post.She's a wt loss vet,lost over 100pds with WW ,has kept it off 4 yrs & works for WW.

Wanted to share what she said....... "tell her "congrats" look how far she has come! she should be so PROUD OF HER EFFORTS!!" So there's another compliment on how good you're doing.

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
    Oh my gosh! My mom just took a picture of me with both my legs in one leg of my favorite pants. I have been wearing these pants for years and did not really see how big they are now until my mom told me to do that! Wow. They are HUGE and I am in shock about what I look like in them! Uh. I think it is time to not wear them anymore. *shakes head in disbelief*

Oh wow oh wow oh wow!

Missy
    Oh wow! Thank you so much to both you and your daughter!!!

Missy
    Old 09-23-2011, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by nancia
    way to go, woman!! it feels terrific to get into a smaller size, doesn't it!! even your face looks so different! you look wonderful! (oh, yeah, that's right... you ARE wonderful!) i'm going to keep on, keepin' on. this is for life! and i choose to live!
    thanks, judy. i thought of doing a collar mock up 1/2 poly quilted, 1/2 cotton batting, so that's in the washer as we speak. i'll probably have to quilt, then cut out. or just 'summer quilting' with no batting. does the fleece provide alot of warmth? i have plenty of fabric left so may try a sample of that, too, if neither of these are going to do. i just want it done, as in right now! so i can see it. but i also want it to be good enough to give to someone. :-)
    Nancia you are soo sweet!! I so love this group!

Missy
    Old 09-23-2011, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Leann
    Missy, you have lost a PERSON! You inspire us so much. How is your energy level? You sound real perky. Thanks for sharing this journey with us.

Well, I don't have the flu, I have walking pneumonia. I wanna know where the hell this came from? I am so damn sick of being sick that I don't care about my eating nor my exercise - which I am getting NONE of. I haven't had fever all day and I see the doctor again on Monday. The antibiotics are rough on my stomach - I usually take them after meals.

Now that I have gotten my bitch session off my chest, I will focus on the positive and being restored to full health.

I have a half marathon to train for!

Have a blessed Friday evening my friends.
    Most days I have a good amount of energy but sometimes I don't. I have felt great all day until about a half hour ago and now I have a headache. After I do the dinner dishes I think I am gonna crawl in my bed for an early night. As I look at that picture I can see that there is another half of me that used to be there filling up those pants. That is just wild for me to see. I guess it is true what they say that a picture is worth a thousand words.

Missy
    Old 09-23-2011, 05:11 PM

Missy,
    Marvin said to say "hi" and he was very proud of you.
    Old 09-23-2011, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by ljs317

thelondonzoo. I love your new pic! You look so cute
    Thank you! I think I look cute, too. :mrgreen: I horrified my husband, though, by putting on the blond wig. He thought I really dyed my hair and freaked out. LOL!
    Old 09-23-2011, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by purplemem
    Missy,
    Marvin said to say "hi" and he was very proud of you.
    *waving* HOWDY MARVIN!! THANK YOU!!

Missy
    Old 09-23-2011, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by thelondonzoo
    Originally Posted by ljs317

thelondonzoo. I love your new pic! You look so cute
    Thank you! I think I look cute, too. :mrgreen: I horrified my husband, though, by putting on the blond wig. He thought I really dyed my hair and freaked out. LOL!
    Oh nooo...that is too funny!

Missy
    Old 09-23-2011, 05:42 PM

lynne-- when is your half marathon? walking pneumonia is long lasting. so drink lots of vitamin c, water and chicken soup. raw honey, cinnamon stick and lemon juice hot tea will help incredibly! i got w.p. when i was in greece and that was all that kept me going. take it very easy! these are your lungs and you only have 2. until you develop gills they'll have to do!