Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert! >
  • Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert!

• Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert!

Old 09-24-2011, 02:48 AM

Originally Posted by irishrose
    Lynne, time for onions and honey to clear your lungs. Raw onions, if you can, and natural honey. It's hard to find raw here. I had to steam my onions slightly, let them cool and then add the honey. It worked like a charm. You can't run if you can't breathe.

Down a pound today, but I had a hot dog attack tonight, so we'll see if it holds.
    I forgot,tonight I read an old cure all was to take a pint jar and fill it with garlic,then add Braggs apple cider vinegar and put it in a dark cool place for 5 days and shake it once every day.Then after the five days,take the garlic out of the vinegar,then add good local honey back up to where the garlic line was before and again shake it up good.Then let it set for 1 more day.Then put in refridgerator and it will last indefinately.Use it for colds,caughs mostly,flues.infections, etc.Old time caugh/flu treatment.
    Old 09-24-2011, 03:01 AM

Pam - My prayers are with you and Kelsey. I agree that she'll need counceling when she gets home. I'm sure for both of you that 2 weeks won't pass fast enough.

Missy - I love your picture. Stay as positive as you are now. Thank you for letting us share this journey with you. It's such an inspiration. God Bless!

Well it definately fall here. It's cold and rainy and just plain icky. I get stiff and depressed this time of year (Seasonal Affective Disorder). After reading everyones post and hearing how positive everyone is with their troubles I have decided to approach this year different. Instead of letting it get to me I'm going to try and stay active and involved with things around me. "One Day at a Time"

Well I'm off to make up this weeks menu. Need to get it done now because DH & I have a quilt class this morning.

Hang in there everyone - have a great day!

God Bless!
    Old 09-24-2011, 04:10 AM

Originally Posted by Pam H
    I have a prayer request for my daughter, Kelsey. She is in Korea teaching English. She is the only foreigner living in a very large apartment building. She just called me and is very upset. Yesterday (friday morning) in the elevator she was sexually assaulted by a Korean man. She was very scared but was able to get away from him. She told her boss and he called the police. There is a security camera in the elevator so it was all recorded. They have not found the man yet. She is frightened of what the other Koreans in the building will think of her once the man is apprehended and put in prison. She is afraid to go back to her apartment. She also feels bad that she will be the reason that this man goes to prison. I feel so helpless because she is on the other side of the world and I can't just go to her and comfort her. Thankfully, she comes home in 2 weeks. Kelsey is 25. Thank you for your prayers.
    Wow,here I am catching up on posts.and you have a bomb shell.I just got back and was reading the rest when I saw yours just now.How terrible.I wished she could come home now.I'm so sorry.I'll pray for her diligently.At 25 she is just in the peak of things.And I do think once she's home and out of there,then she can go through the healing process.And will fade away one day.There is nothing we can do to change anything.But there is something we can do.And that is to pick up the pieces that are so shattered and begin putting them back together by living our lives and continuing on taking care of the living.hang in there Pam,we'll get through it together all of us.There is strength in numbers,and we'll get to re-building your daughter's life and will seek god's guidence and will pray earnestly for her.He's still the great I AM from eternity past.He made us,and can by gosh re-build her and re-new her mind and give her piece once again.AMEN!
    Old 09-24-2011, 04:42 AM

Good morning, all!

Pam, I am praying for you and Kelsey. I agree she needs professional counseling, no matter what she says. If expense is an issue, call your local university, they usually have free group counseling through the Psychology department. It will help her immensely to be in a group of others dealing with the same fears and emotions.

I am down 2 of the 7 fluid pounds, very good. I feel better this morning, this was my first night with the cpap and I don't ache as much today.

Today I will cut out a quilt for a friend who has brain cancer. This will be a quick quilt as she needs it quickly.

I hope to go on a picnic today to the lake with dh. We are taking a short ride to enjoy the scenery today. I hope to walk (slowly) along the lake shore.
    Old 09-24-2011, 05:28 AM

mj-- did i miss the part where the dr took you off bed rest?
    Old 09-24-2011, 05:32 AM

Kelsey was not raped. He only touched her and pushed himself against her. I had to look up the definition of sexual assault to make sure I used the right word. It has a very broad definition. I did explain to her that it is in no way her fault. Thank you for praying for her.
    Old 09-24-2011, 05:36 AM
    mim

I was thinking -- who is supplying all the food?? And where is the money coming from to pay for it all?? and when she can't get out of bed because of that load, who cooks and brings it to her?? in AA they call that enabling. And isn't Dr OZ also enabling by having her on and get publicity?? Just a thought -- maybe I'm way of base -- Mim

Originally Posted by Xylie55
    Originally Posted by plainpat
    Missy....I didn't see that show,altho her pic was on TV.Kind of reminded me of the woman who deliberately had all the babies....7 of them? Could never understand what she was thinking? Maybe that's the problem,no thinking.Sounds like their thought process is out of sync.

I agree with you.No one wants to be that heavy & a body will only carry that load for so long.I'm surely no expert,or wouldn't be posting here.

A friend asked a question about this, wondering why this would be on TV......when she needs help big time ,for yrs to get some wt off. Lots of questions about the subject,few answers.
    Well I saw her on u-tube after reading it here.Her and that other one,both want to be the fattest broad around.But they are selfish,cause they end up in a bed not going anywhere.Just looking out a window wishing they could.Here we are and most people,trying and fighting for our lives to be healthier and slimmer,and they want to be 1000 pounds?Ya their selfish and could give a crap about those kids.I never had children and would of loved to.And they shell them out and can't take care of themselves,let alone those poor kids.Selfish
    Old 09-24-2011, 05:41 AM

thank you, pam. i'm glad for her sake she was not raped, and i'm glad, too , that you are understanding and supportive. kelsey is very fortunate to have your love and support. the attack may still have some very similar repercussions to a rape, so it would still be very important for her to get whatever amount of counseling she needs. i'm not trying to be an alarmist, but it still is a very disturbing situation for her to deal with. we will all keep her in our hearts, thoughts and prayers.
    Old 09-24-2011, 06:26 AM
    elm

nancia,
    I'm so new at quilting that I don't have a good answer. You know the look you want. Test out the alternatives in small pieces and you'll be able to decide.
    When are you coming to Florida, and what part. This state is huge. There are seasonal changes in some parts. You will see a variety of temperatures in the winter months.
    Old 09-24-2011, 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by nancia
    mj-- did i miss the part where the dr took you off bed rest?
    Ummm, no.

I will ride to the lake in the car, and probably take the wheelchair for my walk. They have paved paths for folks like me that need an even surface.