Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert! >
  • Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert!

• Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert!

Old 09-24-2011, 06:38 AM

When my daughter was a victim of an attempted rape while working, the restraurant owner insisted she have counseling. I was furious it happened because I had previously talked to him about how risky it was to have pretty female servers deliver room service. My delicate little blonde was able to get away from the deerhunters because she never went too far into a room. This was an upscale rest/motel. I will continue to pray for your daughter's safety.
    Old 09-24-2011, 08:17 AM

well, mj, i'm glad you are getting out a bit, and i'm sure you won't do anything to compromise your health. i hope the day is pleasant!

elm--thanks for the heads-up! i think i'll just put a piece of the same fabric inside, then it should all shrink at the same rate and not be overly heavy or warm. i hope this turns out to be a useable swap item for her! i'd hate to think it's useless.
    Old 09-24-2011, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by JHolm
    Pam - My prayers are with you and Kelsey. I agree that she'll need counceling when she gets home. I'm sure for both of you that 2 weeks won't pass fast enough.

Missy - I love your picture. Stay as positive as you are now. Thank you for letting us share this journey with you. It's such an inspiration. God Bless!

Well it definately fall here. It's cold and rainy and just plain icky. I get stiff and depressed this time of year (Seasonal Affective Disorder). After reading everyones post and hearing how positive everyone is with their troubles I have decided to approach this year different. Instead of letting it get to me I'm going to try and stay active and involved with things around me. "One Day at a Time"

Well I'm off to make up this weeks menu. Need to get it done now because DH & I have a quilt class this morning.

Hang in there everyone - have a great day!

God Bless!
    Thank you so much Jeanne! I agree with you that Fall is a wonderful time of year. I have trees I can see out of my living room window that are changing colors. Just beatiful!

Missy
    Old 09-24-2011, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Pam H
    I have a prayer request for my daughter, Kelsey. She is in Korea teaching English. She is the only foreigner living in a very large apartment building. She just called me and is very upset. Yesterday (friday morning) in the elevator she was sexually assaulted by a Korean man. She was very scared but was able to get away from him. She told her boss and he called the police. There is a security camera in the elevator so it was all recorded. They have not found the man yet. She is frightened of what the other Koreans in the building will think of her once the man is apprehended and put in prison. She is afraid to go back to her apartment. She also feels bad that she will be the reason that this man goes to prison. I feel so helpless because she is on the other side of the world and I can't just go to her and comfort her. Thankfully, she comes home in 2 weeks. Kelsey is 25. Thank you for your prayers.
    Prayers are going up for Kelsey. I sure hope this situation gets taken care of legally and that Kelsey is able to get the counseling that really could help her. Wow. So sorry to hear about this whole thing.

Missy
    Old 09-24-2011, 11:38 AM
    mim

My prayer are with her. It is a terrible thing to be attacked and to be in a foreign country makes it so much worse. I hope she doesn't have to stay to testify. The best place is home -- Mim
    Old 09-24-2011, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose
    Lynne, time for onions and honey to clear your lungs. Raw onions, if you can, and natural honey. It's hard to find raw here. I had to steam my onions slightly, let them cool and then add the honey. It worked like a charm. You can't run if you can't breathe.

Down a pound today, but I had a hot dog attack tonight, so we'll see if it holds.
    Judy, I know you mentioned this before. Do I mix my chopped onions with honey and take by the spoonful? What can I expect - will my coughing cease? Does it dissipate all this congestion? I wonder if my headache is caused by all the coughing?

Congrats on being down a pound! Are you quilting?
    Old 09-24-2011, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
    Originally Posted by Leann
    Missy, you have lost a PERSON! You inspire us so much. How is your energy level? You sound real perky. Thanks for sharing this journey with us.

Well, I don't have the flu, I have walking pneumonia. I wanna know where the hell this came from? I am so damn sick of being sick that I don't care about my eating nor my exercise - which I am getting NONE of. I haven't had fever all day and I see the doctor again on Monday. The antibiotics are rough on my stomach - I usually take them after meals.

Now that I have gotten my bitch session off my chest, I will focus on the positive and being restored to full health.

I have a half marathon to train for!

Have a blessed Friday evening my friends.
    Most days I have a good amount of energy but sometimes I don't. I have felt great all day until about a half hour ago and now I have a headache. After I do the dinner dishes I think I am gonna crawl in my bed for an early night. As I look at that picture I can see that there is another half of me that used to be there filling up those pants. That is just wild for me to see. I guess it is true what they say that a picture is worth a thousand words.

Missy
    Hope you rested well last night. Headache gone?
    Old 09-24-2011, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
    Missy, you have lost a PERSON! You inspire us so much. How is your energy level? You sound real perky. Thanks for sharing this journey with us.

Well, I don't have the flu, I have walking pneumonia. I wanna know where the hell this came from? I am so damn sick of being sick that I don't care about my eating nor my exercise - which I am getting NONE of. I haven't had fever all day and I see the doctor again on Monday. The antibiotics are rough on my stomach - I usually take them after meals.

Now that I have gotten my bitch session off my chest, I will focus on the positive and being restored to full health.

I have a half marathon to train for!

Have a blessed Friday evening my friends.
    Most days I have a good amount of energy but sometimes I don't. I have felt great all day until about a half hour ago and now I have a headache. After I do the dinner dishes I think I am gonna crawl in my bed for an early night. As I look at that picture I can see that there is another half of me that used to be there filling up those pants. That is just wild for me to see. I guess it is true what they say that a picture is worth a thousand words.

Missy
    Hope you rested well last night. Headache gone?
    I did rest very well. My head feels much better. Thank you so much for asking!

How are you doing?

Missy
    Old 09-24-2011, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by nancia
    lynne-- when is your half marathon? walking pneumonia is long lasting. so drink lots of vitamin c, water and chicken soup. raw honey, cinnamon stick and lemon juice hot tea will help incredibly! i got w.p. when i was in greece and that was all that kept me going. take it very easy! these are your lungs and you only have 2. until you develop gills they'll have to do!
    Nancia, my half is on New Years Day. My last longest walk was 8.5 miles. I'm hoping I can do half that when I can resume training - and I'm not even thinking about that right now. Is there a favorite way you make this tea?

I'm eating an orange everyday. I'm not big on fruit so this is a step up for me.
    Old 09-24-2011, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Pam H
    I have a prayer request for my daughter, Kelsey. She is in Korea teaching English. She is the only foreigner living in a very large apartment building. She just called me and is very upset. Yesterday (friday morning) in the elevator she was sexually assaulted by a Korean man. She was very scared but was able to get away from him. She told her boss and he called the police. There is a security camera in the elevator so it was all recorded. They have not found the man yet. She is frightened of what the other Koreans in the building will think of her once the man is apprehended and put in prison. She is afraid to go back to her apartment. She also feels bad that she will be the reason that this man goes to prison. I feel so helpless because she is on the other side of the world and I can't just go to her and comfort her. Thankfully, she comes home in 2 weeks. Kelsey is 25. Thank you for your prayers.
    Pam, how hard for you as a mother to be so far from Kelsey. I pray that she comes to know that he will go to prison because of his own actions - she is not responsible. I will put you both on my prayer list.

{{{{{HUGS}}}}