Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert! >
  • Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert!

• Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert!

Old 09-28-2011, 12:27 AM

Good morning everyone. I know it's earley but I got up earley to work on DH quilt. There's only about 2 ft. of binding left to sew and he wants to take it to church this morning to show it to the quilter. He's been working so hard on that quilt. It's only his second quilt he made. It;s only lap size and I pray no one makes any negative comments about it. It's supposed to be a door prize for the annual pig roast.

My prayers continue to go out to those who are ill. It seems we have so many ill that just a few are posting.

My food was not great yesterday but not awful either. I wasn't home at lunch time so grabbed a bran muffin at church before leaving for my doc appt. Water has been a problem for me. When it's cold I'm a coffee girl. Judy, I've cut my use of artificial sweetner in half. Another step of progress.

Well I better go if I want to finish hubby's quilt for him.
    Old 09-28-2011, 01:19 AM

jeanne-- where are you that it's cold? i am drowning in "glow" (as in horses sweat, men perspire and women glow). i would love to be in tx. even when it's hot the ac works. here the ac manages to get it to tepid, but not cool, and far from cold. i need a good chilly day!
    Old 09-28-2011, 03:07 AM

Morning ladies. Gonna stay on track today, even without exercise.

Jeanne, I hope to get my last bargello border on. If you can get up early to finish, I can make a place for this in my day.

Nancia, we are supposed to be 98 today. I moved past tired of this 2 months ago!
    Old 09-28-2011, 03:20 AM

Nancia - I live in south east WI. For the past 4 days it's been raining and cold. Weatherman says it's supposed to stay this way for next 4 days. Very gloomy!

Leann - I hope you get your border on. What did you decide to use for the border? Take care of yourself - don't push it.

I finished the quilt so now it can go to church today to be put on display until the pig roast.
    Old 09-28-2011, 03:33 AM

I am having a hard time with my weight this month. I am trying to stay on track with my eating but it has been much harder this month. I am still going to the gym. My weight is up about 5 pounds. I still feel thinner.
    I was able to go off of my blood pressure meds this month. I think there may have been a diuretic in it. Is it possible that I am now retaining fluids? If so, what do you all suggest?
    Old 09-28-2011, 03:39 AM

I suspect you are definitely retaining fluid. Lemon, cabbage, coffee and tea.

This article lists foods that are natural diuretics.

http://www.your-healing.com/naturaldiuretics.html
    Old 09-28-2011, 04:41 AM

glassnquilts: Great join on getting off of the meds. Thats my dream so I can keep the 50 bucks a month I spend on BP Meds.
    Old 09-28-2011, 07:38 AM

I gave up my blood pressure meds and my heart meds a week ago. So far, so good. That means I have to keep up my exercising. Speaking of which, those of you who are not walking dogs might want to look into skiwalking poles. I used my homemade ones Sunday for the Crop Walk because I wouldn't take Moira. My long muscles on the sides of my back are sore. If I could use them every day, my waistline would certainly benefit. They make walking into a much more whole body exercise and made it easier to walk a longer distance.

Jeanne, we were predicted to share your weather and got heavy rains Monday, but yesterday and today have been beautiful sunny days with rain overnight. I wish I were going to be home today to work outside. High 60s isn't bad for this time of year. (N lower MI) Nancia, my son is working in the East and having a hard time because of the rains. Tough for a homebody like him to work away from home and then have to sit around.

Nancia, where's the picture of the quilt? We'd like to see your work and your husband's.

BTW, I agree about shelter animals appreciating everything so much, though at 4 years out, Lily is starting to exhibit some of the "princess" attitude you'd expect with a Siberian mix.

MJ, nice list. I will check the site out further when I have time this evening. Your posting that list is perfect timing for me. Do you think the two pounds I gained earlier this week could have been from no BP meds? I forgot about the little raindrop on the box of the non-generic. I printed the list for the side of my fridge.

jeanne, way to go on the chemical reduction.

It's hard to explain what Nutrasweet and company do to insulin levels. Your body tastes something sweet, releases insulin to deal with the sugar, gets no sugar and the insulin is left to float around and do damage instead of doing its job of digesting sugar. If your body is expecting sugar after a sweet taste, then give it a reduced amount of the real thing. Has anyone tried sugary yogurt mixed with plain lowfat yogurt? I like it better than either alone.

I have three app'ts today, so I'm off. Wishing all of us a good day in lots of ways. I am losing weight and getting healthier.
    Judy
    Old 09-28-2011, 08:42 AM

Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers.

Surgery didn't happen as planned. I had another bronchoscopy done with deeper tissues taken for biopsy. The tumor is larger than they expected. More in the middle right lobe vs the lower right lobe. that is why surgery didn't go as planned.

now in a waiting pattern on biopsy results
    Old 09-28-2011, 09:34 AM

Sorry to hear you have to wait for results. 4 wks ago, DH had a tumor removed & after a wk in hosp, had to wait another 5 days before they told us it was non malignant.A scary time for sure.Prayers that you'll get the same good news.

Originally Posted by createfourpaws
    Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers.

Surgery didn't happen as planned. I had another bronchoscopy done with deeper tissues taken for biopsy. The tumor is larger than they expected. More in the middle right lobe vs the lower right lobe. that is why surgery didn't go as planned.

now in a waiting pattern on biopsy results