Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Septembere 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a PRIZE!!!!! >
  • Septembere 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a PRIZE!!!!!

• Septembere 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a PRIZE!!!!!

Old 09-25-2013, 03:41 PM

Cindy praying for your mom. Teddybear hope they find out what is going on with your niece. Sometimes that is a hard issue to figure out. Gayle it is so hard when our kids are so far away. You can't check on them easily. I had a hard time getting a message to my son thru the Red Cross. It took them 3 days to get him the message. My DD was on facebook chat with him while she was on the phone with Red Cross trying to get the message to him. We were hoping we could get his leave date changed so he could come home on leave when my dad died. My DD was telling the Red Cross all of the info they needed including where he was sitting. Still took them 3 days. He was sitting on guard duty in Japan. Not like he was somewhere where they had to find his unit etc.
    Praying for everyone on here to have a good outcome.
    Old 09-25-2013, 04:10 PM

Pam, the melatonin will help you get to sleep, but if waking up persists, then add the valerian. Just hold the bottle away from you when you open it.

I went to a football game. Even though it wasn't cold, I feel chilled now that I'm home. I an very hungry, but I really want an impossible pie with bacon, onion and broccoli so I will wait for it to bake.

I am so glad I raised my children before the 'no sleeping on the tummy' thing. They slept so peacefully with their little legs curled up under them to kept their tummies warm. Have crib deaths decreased since the inception of that 'rule'?

Gayle, have you heard from your son? I remember waiting for D when he was out of the country on a mission.

Have a good evening, all.
    Old 09-25-2013, 05:07 PM

Thank God we heard from Wil this morning. The helo that crashed was part of the detachment he was on. There were 2 birds, 6 pilots and 5 air crew. They lost 2 of the pilots and 2 of the air crew ended up getting rescued from the water. My son flew the day before and so was not on that flight. He was, I believe part of the search and rescue.
    This has hit him very hard. One was his OIC (officer in charge) and the other his Divo (division officer) He really liked these men and really enjoyed working closely with them. Both men had young families. Don't know a lot of detail on that yet but I will eventually. They had an information hold for a couple days and that's why we had not heard from him. Let me tell you, it was really tough Sunday night and Monday morning not knowing if we would get a knock on the door. I am so thankful that he was spared. The families of the 2 lot will need lots of prayer.

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!
    Old 09-25-2013, 05:36 PM

Gayle, how wonderful it must have been to hear your son's voice.
    Old 09-25-2013, 09:54 PM

Well, didn't actually get to hear his voice but we did get an e-mail.

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!
    Old 09-25-2013, 10:30 PM
    Power Poster

Well went to my Cardiology appointment today. He didn't do the echocardiogram yet, but first did the electrocardiogram. It was ok. He checked other places on me for swelling,pulses, etc. He said I have a heart murmur, but not the bad kind. I go next week for the echo. He had me give blood for a test that is suppose to show how well my heart is pumping. Got script for blood pressure meds to use only if I need it due to rising. He said I am now on a low salt diet, and a diet called The Dash Diet. It is found on - dashdiet.org - I will find out more when he gets other tests done and read. I ate over today due to wanting my last meal that was salty. lol. I have to be on the new one the rest of my life so I just had to. I want to get back to my quilting. I have some great grand nieces (6) that want wall hangings for Christmas. I better get busy, because I will be quilting for my two sisters also. Today is my dad's 81st birthday. Will be down there later today.

Happy Sewing, and prayers for all in need.
    Old 09-26-2013, 05:06 PM

Gayle so glad you finally heard from your son.
    Today was crazy at school. I am pretty sure the teacher left in tears. We have a student in class who doesn't belong there. He belongs in a behavior program. We have all kinds of behavior plans for him. He totally disrupts the classroom with all of his goings on. He gets rewarded for everything and still can't behave. He is consuming most of the time of several staff members. I am keeping documentation of him. Another student whined and cried all afternoon. PLus a couple of other kids acted up too. Probably because of all of the attention devoted to the problem student. It was like a nightmare. I did some retail therapy on my way home. I stopped at the LQS and bought 2 fabrics for a baby quilt for my niece. I am still a little undecided on the pattern. I found 2 pretty purples. The babies room is going to be grey walls with purple.
    I hope tomorrow is better. Can't be a whole lot worse.
    Old 09-26-2013, 05:19 PM

Well, I am back in town - glad all the traveling is over. I'll try to catch up with everything tomorrow. I did manage to watch what I ate and lost some more while I was gone. This will be a good month for me...
    In quick reading, I see some need prayers and some need hugs - here's the hugs {{{hug }}} and I'll supply the prayers later. Take care everyone - find some peace within so you can find rest.
    Old 09-26-2013, 08:13 PM

Thanks everyone for all the thoughts, prayers, hugs, and encouraging words. My niece got to go home from the hospital tonight. She still has a little bit of a headache and still passes out if she moves too quickly. The final results of all tests run at the hospital didn't show anything, but the doctor said she was experiencing "pseudo seizures". These are seizures that mimic an epileptic seizure. They can be brought on by stress, anxiety, depression, etc. They can most of the time be treated with medication and counseling.

As for my weight loss...I weighed again today and was down another 2.8 lbs. I guess lack of sleep and walking uphill from the hospital parking lot helped at lot. haha I stayed with Kelley two nights and took my food and water with me. I didn't eat much cause I was too tired.

I'm home tonight and just knowing I will get to sleep in my bed is so exciting. haha I was beginning to feel like a zombie or jet lagged or something. I went by the bank to make a deposit for my niece. I handed them her check and check book. They asked me if I was looking for Simmon's bank. I said, "yes, is that not where I am"? They said, "no ma'am, you are at Regions. I laughed and told them to give me back the checkbook and check and I would go to the right bank. It's on the same road. I finally came home and took a much needed nap! haha
    Old 09-27-2013, 03:39 AM

Now THAT's tired, Teddybear Lady!! Glad she's out of the hospital and you got home safely.

Hang in there Meanmom. I'm working with a student on behaviors, also. I have to say when he has a rough day we are leaving work pretty exhausted.

I'm starting to fell better. I haven't been eating well this week but will focus on getting better food in the house this weekend. I have been drinking plenty of water, so I feel good about that.

Here's to good choices today!