Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Septembere 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a PRIZE!!!!! >
  • Septembere 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a PRIZE!!!!!

• Septembere 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a PRIZE!!!!!

Old 09-27-2013, 04:32 AM

I guess it is time to post the new thread, will get that done tonight or tomorrow and post the link once I do. Time is flying by. Making sure everything is getting done for mom's surgery in November.

I haven't lost any weight this month, just maintained my weight.
    Old 09-27-2013, 04:51 PM

I made chocolate caramel brownies to take to school today. I really need one to get thru the day today. I ate one small one and put them out in the lounge they were gone before lunch. Great way to keep me from eating too many of them. Kids were better today. The one student was only dragged from the room once today. He didn't even make it to the room until almost 10 because he was having issues. He was OK in the room the rest of the time. He is practically rewarded for breathing. We met with the school psychiatrist today SHe observed him several times today. Unfortunately he was doing pretty well at the time.
    I stopped at the quilt shop to get a couple of fabrics for the baby quilt. I have 2 purples, a grey and a white on white. Now I need to decide what pattern.
    Eating was ok this week until tonight. I didn't get home until 7 so we are having pizza. I am trying not to eat too much. I don't think weight loss will be very good for the month.
    Old 09-28-2013, 03:41 PM
    Power Poster

I am just chillin out today. Went yesterday with my dad to watch a track meet, but we missed it. lol.. It was fun with dad anyway.

Today I am doing some hand embroidery. It is relaxing to me. Hope all of you are enjoying your weekend.
    Old 09-29-2013, 08:45 AM

I finally got my new stove installed. It was delivered 2 1/2 weeks ago, so I have had 2 stoves in my kitchen all of that time. The new one is gas and I was waiting for someone to install a gas line for it. My brother came and did it. He just left. It makes good grilled cheese. The old stove was dangerous to use. The burners would either take forever to heat up or heat up and keep getting hotter. Last night the one front burner was so hot on low I couldn't even use it. It will be so nice to have a stove that I don't have to constantly watch to make sure the burner is the temperature that it is supposed to be.
    Old 09-29-2013, 11:57 AM

Hmmm....I wonder if my stove is having problems with getting hot. I keep burning things and I sure never used to. Yesterday I was making grilled cheese and tomato sandwiches. The first one burned before I even got the 3rd one on to cook. It was set very low. Was yours a ceramic top stove, Pat?
    DD and I had a garage sale on friday. Ugh! I really hate all the work. I am trying to get all the leftovers boxed up today. A neighbor girl who moved away for college just came over and took 5 lamps, a couch, a love seat, 2 end tables and a few odd and ends. She was happy to get all the free stuff and I was happy to get it out of my garage.
    Old 09-30-2013, 04:15 AM

New thread for October is posted.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/general...ml#post6321758

Don't forget to message me your weight loss. I maintained, no loss or gain this month. So I am happy with that, the rest of the year is going to be a challange. Next month I will be staying at the hospital when mom has her surgery.
    Old 09-30-2013, 06:36 AM

Gayle - am so happy for you and your son. My prayers go to the families of the two that perished.

I will not be participating in Oct as I am now on high dose prednisone and weight gain is a coming! Just wish they would find out what is wrong with me. I have so many appointments lined up it is ridiculous.
    We are awaiting a call to the east coast as my DH's bro-in-law is in Hospice and his children were called to come home. My best friend's husband was just diagnosed with Stage 4 colon ca with massive tumors in liver so we have organized "meals on wheels" to bring to them as they are devastated.

Do weight problems correlate with other problems. When i read our messages I am amazed that we all survive so much.
    God bless us all. We will survive, lose weight AND quilt!!!!
    Old 09-30-2013, 07:42 AM

Hee hee, I was the first to sign up on the October weight loss. That is a first for me.

I had a better month for weight loss. Glad about that.

Praying hard on these issues you ladies are dealing with. While you are praying, please pray for my boss, he fell off ladder and broke ankle. My job is dependent on him working. Our electrical jobs we are doing right now require him there so this is pretty intense. I know God is looking out for him and the rest of us, pray for just casting and ease in healing. This will be a great test for him because he is a go getter all the time and loves to work.
    Old 09-30-2013, 09:38 AM
    Power Poster

We all do seem to have lots going on with people we know, ourselves, and family. My prayers for all. I also had a good month on my weight loss. It helped that my doctor wanted me on a diet. I go tomorrow for my echo-cardiogram, but won't know results from that for awhile. Has to be read, then results back to my doctor for him to read in the midst of many. Happy sewing everyone, and a good week ahead. Everyone do one special thing even if a small thing each day this week for yourself.
    Old 09-30-2013, 12:47 PM

Yes, stress causes weight gain. Stress hormones cause an increase in cortisol and that can cause an increase in weight. We have to find some way to deal with it - walking, talking to a close one, other forms of exercise, etc. Lots of rest helps, too. While you are stressed is not the time to become Superwoman.

My weight is down a bit this month. I've stayed below the number I posted a while back. Will I ever see the next one with a 0? Time will tell.

I am dealing with roof and carpet estimates - that is stressful. The carpet can wait, but the roof can't. I must either roof the house or move and I hate moving.

I gave one dog a bath today and hurt my back. I am going to go for a walk and see if that helps. Silly Moira ran across what she perceived as solid ground - it wasn't - it was a swampy inlet to the lake. We cleaned her in the lake so she didn't smell, but she was a little itchy.

Prayers for all who are experiencing health problems. Have a good evening, y'all.