Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Septembere 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a PRIZE!!!!! >
  • Septembere 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a PRIZE!!!!!

• Septembere 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a PRIZE!!!!!

Old 09-04-2013, 03:31 PM

Congratulations on your weight loss ladies....WTG!!!
    Old 09-05-2013, 08:12 AM

Wow, I think I found your ladies lost pounds, want them back? Will be having fun again this month, already gave you my fq just in case you need me to vocalize, I am in.
    Old 09-05-2013, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma
    Wow, I think I found your ladies lost pounds, want them back? Will be having fun again this month, already gave you my fq just in case you need me to vocalize, I am in.
    oh No I don't want what I lost back. I did that the beginning of the year when I had to go back on insulin for my diabetes. Put on 30 lbs in 6 weeks. Finally getting them off again. YEAH!!!!
    Old 09-05-2013, 01:20 PM

@ Meanmom, good luck with your new position. I just asked for help from my team with some of the team lead duties and already feel so much less stressed. Today was my first day with kids! I have a great class.

Oh, geez. It is hard to change. I just saw a cake recipe on another thread and printed it off. It looks so good. But I'm going to get up and file it away and try to make good choices and not overeat tonight. I, too, have been good during the day because I can't snack whenever I want to. I have book club tonight and the hostess tonight usually has really nice vegetables. I'll eat my veges and go light on dessert.
    Old 09-06-2013, 08:13 AM

I can tell that I am stress eating. I have been snacking on things that I have been able to avoid for over 18 months.
    Dad is very weak. They are going to move him over to a Board and Care home some time this weekend. He can no longer walk, they have him on a thickened diet so that he won't aspirate his liquids. But he is hardly drinking or eating. They are calling in Hospice today.
    DH and I are leaving in a few minutes to go to Lake Tahoe for a week for some R & R. We will not have a computer with us. Only books to read.
    I hope everyone has a good week.

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!
    Old 09-06-2013, 09:52 AM

Well I'm not having the best week. The sheep got out of the pasture Wednesday evening. DH wasn't home , so the neighbor helped. I didn't see the ram coming and I must have put my right hand out. He hit me hard and I went flying. I've broken a bone just beolw my right elbow. I see the orthopedist on Tuesday morning to see what the scoop is. The bone is not displaced so that is a blessing. I've told my brother to step up and help with the folks for a bit. At least I can sort fabric even if I canT sew. the cast goes from my fingers to my arm pit. I think God is telling me to slow down.
    Old 09-06-2013, 11:24 AM

Oh, countrymaid, I'm sorry to hear that. What an inconvenience with all you have to do.

To all our school personnel, get as much rest as you can this week. That first week was always so tiring. 4:00 was a big snack time for me then - snack is okay, just have to make it a clean one. Snack, nap, then a walk and I was good to go. In fact, it sounds good right now. Not having a good day. A nap and a walk will improve it.
    Old 09-06-2013, 12:38 PM

Didn't lose or gain this week. Stayed the same. I hope I can trigger a loss next week. I went to my chiropractor yesterday and he worked on my hip. It doesn't hurt too bad now, so maybe I can get back on the Gazelle and exercise some. Hope everyone has a great weekend.
    Old 09-06-2013, 02:41 PM

The first week of school went well. The new position is really good. I work in a regular classroom with a second grader that is really low. He is oppositional defiant and probably ADD. He is kinda a pain in my ass. I will figure him out and turn him around. We are having a team meeting next week. He is doing pretty much what he did all of last year. (nothing)He also rolls on the floor and disturbs the class. The other student I was supposed to concentrate on moved out of the school district.
    Oh Countrymaid hope the arm heals fast. You have so much going on. Maybe the rest of the family will step up and help more now. Yes aging parents are a major stress. We just went thru it with my dad. We are still dealing with things with the estate. My mom is doing well. She does need some help around the house but nothing too major yet. Mostly fixing things. SHe also needs help balancing her check book and with the major financial things. We have kinda split things up between us kids. Except for one sister who feels her 15 to 20 minute visit once a week or so is her share.
    Good luck to everyone. Praying for everyone.
    Old 09-06-2013, 09:08 PM
    Power Poster

My weight is about the same too. I went to pulmonologist today. X rays taken, breathing tests, and a diagnosis of asthma, enlarged heart, and pulmonary hypertension. (which has me concerned) He made me an appointment with a Cardiologist for an echocardiogram in a couple of weeks. I am just glad to be home. Didn't expect to hear all that so a bit depressed.