Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Septembere 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a PRIZE!!!!! >
  • Septembere 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a PRIZE!!!!!

• Septembere 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a PRIZE!!!!!

Old 09-07-2013, 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by JuneBillie
    My weight is about the same too. I went to pulmonologist today. X rays taken, breathing tests, and a diagnosis of asthma, enlarged heart, and pulmonary hypertension. (which has me concerned) He made me an appointment with a Cardiologist for an echocardiogram in a couple of weeks. I am just glad to be home. Didn't expect to hear all that so a bit depressed.

Don't stress over these diagnosis.....it will be what it is and remember you are in control. You are in my prayers.

I see every day and talk to people who are in your same shoes and it is all in how you decide you are going to handle it in your mind. Have a positive attitude.
    Old 09-07-2013, 05:16 AM

Well, it was a good week, but tiring. I'm waking up feeling tired and I hate that. But that means I really need to be eating well, right? I couldn't make myself go to the gym last night, which I really should have done. I'm going to stretch some this morning (pretty stiff today) and maybe go on a walk with DH and the dogs. I have a lot to get done this weekend. I'm going to try and not get stressed about it. It will all get done, or not. Getting stressed is not going to make that any better. I'll focus on one task at a time and making healthy food and movement (excercise) choices today.

Thanks for the encouragement, irishrose.

Yes, countrymaid, I think He is telling you to slow down. Hope it's not too painful this weekend.

Prayers for everyone with struggles today.
    Old 09-07-2013, 06:00 AM

JuneBillie, that's a tough diagnosis. The echo will give the doctors a better picture of what's going on with your heart. It may not be as serious as it sounds. When I had my first echo, one tech said to the other, "Oh, I've never seen anything like that, have you?" I told them afterwards that might not be a good remark to make in front of the patient. I knew I had some unusual problems, including an enlarged heart and defective valves so it wasn't too upsetting to me, but I can imagine it would rattle some.

I made some simple chicken soup yesterday. It was so good. I'm glad there's enough for dinner tonight. Chicken breast, onion, carrots, a lemon, zucchini, spices, barely thickened with rice flour. I'm surprised how good it tasted without cream or rice. One of my favorites is chicken-lemon-rice, but I'd had a rice dish this week and I don't repeat foods too often. Rotating foods helps with food allergies.

Michigan peaches are in season. What did I just say about rotating foods. Ha! I only rotate how I serve my daily peach. Last night was one warmed in a little butter and brown sugar on top of Greek yogurt and walnuts.

I wish you all a day of clean eating - and for me, a day of being ambitious concerning housework. The older I get, the less I do and want to do.
    Old 09-07-2013, 07:55 AM

Today is a day of taking it easy, doing a little bit of sewing before I go on my weekly date with my friend I have been seeing now for over a year. We are going to see "we are the millers" and then go for steak dinner and possible hot tub when all is done.

Have been helping mom out a little more as she fell a week ago, nothing broken just bruised and tender. She is moving very slow.

I will be getting ribs for my dinner so I can share them with my little Lucy. She loves ribs. She has a vet appointment on Monday to get her teeth cleaned and shots that are due. So this will be a good treat for her.

Have a great day and make the most of it and make wise choices and remember to drink your water.
    Old 09-09-2013, 10:50 AM

hang in the Junebillie, you are going to be fine and we are all praying for you. Enjoy yourself Cindy. You seem to be a natural at teaching meanmom. You will put that boy in order and he will respect you for it and remember it the rest of his life. get some good rest CindyA. irshrose, send me some peaches!

Great NEWS!!!! My DH received a Best of Show on the coffee table he redid for me. I am so stoked. Here is a photo. Just thought to share with you ladies.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]434981[/ATTACH]

And another great thing, my youngest daughter has been nominated for Lilac Princess for Cheney High School. I am so stoked.
    Attached Thumbnails coffee-table.jpg  
    Old 09-09-2013, 01:37 PM

It was so hot at school today. It was over 90 in the classroom before lunch. It was a lot hotter after lunch. I never looked at the thermometer this afternoon. I figured it would be too depressing and I was too busy. My underwear were soaked when I got home. I drank a ton of water. If only I could get my body to sweat out fat instead of water I could stand the heat.
    Old 09-09-2013, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by meanmom
    It was so hot at school today. It was over 90 in the classroom before lunch. It was a lot hotter after lunch. I never looked at the thermometer this afternoon. I figured it would be too depressing and I was too busy. My underwear were soaked when I got home. I drank a ton of water. If only I could get my body to sweat out fat instead of water I could stand the heat.
    I laughed out loud when I read that meanmom!! If you find the trick let the rest of us know. I hate, hate, hate, when I get that sweaty at school and have to keep working.

Thank you Quiltermomma. I do feel more rested today.

Drinking my water today. Also, making applesauce with dinner, no sugar added.
    Old 09-10-2013, 04:02 AM

Today's Taboo Tuesday shouldn't be too bad - it's one of those "watch the excess" type taboos. From my great book Sugar Busters - fluids should be drunk in small quantities during meals. "Washing" food down frequently causes the bypass of proper chewing which is necessary to break food into smaller, more appropriate particles for better digestion. Excess fluid with meals also dilutes the digestive juices which reduces their ability to thoroughly interact with your food not only in the mouth, but also in the stomach. This may result in partially digested food entering the small intestine which can cause cramping to occur.
    Old 09-10-2013, 04:07 AM

While this isn't a part of Taboo Tuesday - it was quite interesting and I thought I'd pass it on -- You're going out for lunch and think that individual pizza sounds good? Well, here's the 'rest of the story' --to burn it off you'll have to:
    Shop for 5 hours and 8 minutes; Bike for 3 hours and 5 minutes: Cook for 4 hours and 38 minutes; Walk for 2 hours and 48 minutes; Do jumping jacks for 1 hour and 31 minutes. I'm not much on pizza anyway, but this sure makes me run the other way.
    Old 09-10-2013, 06:39 AM

I'm in, hoping to be thin.......oh, if only I could! Seems like temptation is everywhere!!!!