Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Septembere 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a PRIZE!!!!! >
  • Septembere 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a PRIZE!!!!!

• Septembere 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a PRIZE!!!!!

Old 09-10-2013, 06:40 AM

I can relate to that pizza entry vanogay. It seems when I have pizza, I feel so sluggish the next day and bloated. I rarely eat it now but the DH loves it so we have it served more than I partake.
    Old 09-10-2013, 08:10 AM

I try to avoid pizza but crave it from time to time. Will get it and split one with mom and dad. I usually will have no more than 2 slices. I avoid it because of the total carbs with being diabetic I don't need all those carbs.
    Old 09-11-2013, 03:17 AM

I love, love pizza. I have been making it with a cauliflower crust. If I don't tell my family they like it. Not quite the same texture as a regular crust but pretty tasty. I found it on www.detoxinista.com. Just make sure you really squeeze the water out.
    It was so hot in the classroom. The poor kids seemed to be melting. THe thermometer doesn't really go over 90 in the room but it was there by 9:00. I am sure it was 100 or over in the afternoon. I drank a ton of water and still felt ill at the end of the day. At 8:30 when I went to the restroom my underwear were already wet. It was awful. It is going to be just as hot today. Hopefully it is going to cool off tonight. I am wearing a dress to hopefully get some air flow. Not sure it works.
    Healthy eating to all.
    Pat
    Old 09-11-2013, 05:59 AM

All this pizza talk is making me want some! I don't eat it very often anymore. I sure used to. I think it helps that I get heartburn and don't want a lot of tomato sauce type foods. When I eat it I prefer a thin crust and lots of veggies. I can do without the meat. While at weight watchers I learned to not eat it the night before a weigh in. All that sodium is bad for weight loss.
    Old 09-11-2013, 01:26 PM

Meanmom, how hot is it there? Do you have any air conditioning at school, or it just can't keep up? I thought of you today as we were leaving the playground. I was soaking wet and feeling miserable. At least I could breathe today, yesterday I felt like an elephant was on my chest. We're supposed to have a cool down within the next few days. I really feel bad for the kids who are on buses with no air conditioning. Our classroom stay cool enough, thank goodness, but by the end of the day I get that yucky dried on sweat feel. Disgusting!!

Do you all drink milk? My doctor has been after me for years to make sure I'm getting enough calcium. A few of my co-workers have lost quite a bit of weight, but they're doing a lot of food restrictions (i.e. gluten free, dairy free, count calories, see dieticians, etc). I haven't restricted myself from eating any single type of food. Of course, I try to stay away from sweats/junk and I'm considering making some significant changes for the whole family. We're still not eating healthy enough. Just not sure what changes I'll make yet.
    Old 09-11-2013, 05:00 PM

I can't imagine working in that heat. I would for sure get a migraine every day. Our forecast for the next week is 70's for highs. Not an 80 or 90 in sight. Whew!
    I do not drink milk. I eat Greek yogurt most mornings and usually have cheese sometime during the day. I also take calcium. My mom has osteoporosis and I have osteopenia. I need to do more walking both for exercise and for my bone health.
    Old 09-11-2013, 09:34 PM

Been a tough couple of days. Dad passed away Sunday afternoon. DH and I were up in Lake Tahoe, on vacation. Because we knew his time was short my oldest and youngest brothers had made arrangements to fly in on Monday. Unfortunately they did not get there in time but my 3 brothers have been with mom helping her make all the arrangements. I said my goodbye to him last Wed, while I was down there helping my mom find a place for him. They moved him over to the Board and Care Friday night and he passed Sunday afternoon.
    I just got home here this evening and tomorrow morning will be heading down to my mom's house. We will have a graveside service for the family on Friday afternoon and the service is Saturday morning at my mom's church. I know eating will be a problem, but at the moment I don't really care how bad I eat. Maybe I will try to be good. my 3 girls and 3 grand children will be there. My son, however, is deployed with the Navy at the moment and will not be able to be with us. We did get a message out to him Via the Red Cross by Sunday Evening and he was able to call us on our cell phones.

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!
    Old 09-12-2013, 07:12 AM

Gayle....you and your family is in my prayers. So sorry for your loss. Just take care of yourself and the rest will fall into place.

Pat....I feel for you sweating the way you are....I hate being so hot the everything down to the undergarmet is soaking wet.

Yes I drink milk, not much of it and so far haven't had much problems. I haven't developed a taste for the Greek Yogurt yet, have tried it but didn't like it. will have to try it again....maybe a different brand if I can remember what I tried the first time. or flavor.

Weather is finally starting to stay below 100 here in the Dallas TX area....am ready for some cooler temps.

Ladies, remember to drink your water.....I have been bad not drinking enough and make wise choices when you can.
    Old 09-12-2013, 06:43 PM
    Power Poster

Gayle I am sorry for your loss, and you are in my prayers also. Cindy I am sorry, but didn't get my fat/skinny quarter sent off even though I had it ready to to not feeling well. I will still be here, but not in for a prize. Sometimes it's a prize just being here. Thanks everyone for your encouragement, and prayers.
    Old 09-12-2013, 07:42 PM

So sorry about your dad Gayle. Tough times. Stay strong and take care of yourself. Praying for you and your family.
    A woman I know died yesterday from ovarian cancer. I know she was trying to finish a quilt from blocks signed at her daughter's wedding. I think I will offer to finish it. Her daughter was in one of my DD's class.