Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Septembere 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a PRIZE!!!!! >
  • Septembere 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a PRIZE!!!!!

• Septembere 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a PRIZE!!!!!

Old 09-12-2013, 08:10 PM

Gayle, it's hard even when it's a blessing. I'm glad your mother has caring children - you all are angels to her right now. My condolences.

Pam, that's a sweet thing to do for your friend.

I am coughing my lungs up - no, the pain is in the bronchial tubes. I had to see the doctor for something else yesterday and he says allergies. Whatever. It won't last long, but I sure lost today. Couldn't stay awake to do anything.

Cindy, as usual, I am mailing late - really no reason - we are all busy. It'll go out tomorrow.

My dogs aren't 100%, either. Moira has an ear infection - it will clear until the next time she snags a crust of bread while we're out walking. The combo of meds her Dr uses works for her. Sweet Lily ate things she shouldn't have last week so she has a tummy ache. She reacts to my stress - as my son pointed out to me. She seems to have got rid of all of the foreign objects. I gave her colostomy prep liquid with a turkey baster (orally) last night. What we don't do for our animals!

I hope I feel better tomorrow. I don't know whether to work outside or in - both need it.

I AM losing weight and becoming healthier.
    Old 09-12-2013, 11:21 PM

Irishrose....thanks for letting me know. I will let you know when it arrives.

JuneBillie....mail your FQ...it will be ok.
    Old 09-13-2013, 06:57 AM

Gayle so sorry for your loss. I will be praying for your family.
    My school has no air conditioning. There is AC in the office. No where else. I am pretty sure it was about105 in the room on Wednesday. Probably close to 100 the other days. It was 95 outside. Really humid too. It was awful but we survived. The poor kids (and teachers) just seemed to droop later in the day. I went home so tired and just drank tons of water. It rained a little bit last night and seems to have cool a little bit. It is supposed to be much better next week. I am off of school today for a teacher training. I don't have to attend. I am in Tennessee at my brothers house at Norris Lake. We are planning on going to the LQS shortly. Then out on the boat and the jet ski. I will probably take the kayak out this afternoon. My other siblings will all arrive throughout the day.
    Yesterday was my birthday. My DS Skyped me from Japan. For my present he showed me a picture of my newest grandbaby. They a are just barely pregnant. She is due in early May.
    Old 09-13-2013, 11:21 AM

Gayle, so sorry for your loss - and all the rest of us who are carrying loads of care as well, prayers there, too. I have been really watching my intake because I have reached a number on my scales that I haven't seen in many a year - on the down side. I'm pretty excited about that and wanting it to go even farther down. Need to really watch what I eat. Went to Applebees (hubby's favorite restaurant) for lunch today. Had one of their lunch combos with the macaroni/cheese with chicken tenders on top (all of 3 pieces of meat) and the Caesar Salad. Not alot of meat there, but enough when I thought about the scales...and hubby finished my mac and cheese. Dinner tonight will be another good salad (without that dressing, though) and green beans (from our freezer, from the garden). Figure that's a good day's worth of everything I need - and surprising, what I want. Having cut out alot of sugars has made a big difference in my 'wants'. I no longer crave sugary foods - and that's great for me!!

Cindy, you should have a package today or tomorrow with the next 3 months skinny quarters plus some $.

Ladies, heads up - I plan to really work this diet thing to the max for the next 3 months and reach my goal by December 2013. Now that I've said that and broadcast it to all of you, that'll make me more aware of everything I eat in the next months and accountable. I only have 15 pounds to go and that's only 5 pounds per month...I CAN DO IT!
    Old 09-13-2013, 12:49 PM

May you all have a safe and restfull weekend. My arm is better, a lot of the swelling is gone, but all the pretty colors have come. My range of motion is better and I see the dr. on Tuesday. Things had better be good, I have a quilt class on Wednesday.
    Old 09-14-2013, 04:29 AM

Wow Vanogay congratulations on being so close to your goal. I was off on Friday. All of my brothers and sisters and spouses are together at Norris Lake in Tennessee. We are having a fun weekend. We went out on the boat yesterday. I tried a paddle board. I stood on it be never left the dock. I decided with my bad knees it probably wasn't a good idea. I took the kayak out instead. I was out about an hour. Nice ride. Going out on the boat again today.
    We went to the LQS yesterday. I was very disappointed. THe way the fabric was arranged was not good. It was just put randomly on the shelves. I found it impossible to shop. No order of any kind. There were some nice fabrics there but I don't know how you would have ever put a quilt together.
    Hope everyone is having a good weekend.
    Pat
    Old 09-14-2013, 10:17 AM
    Power Poster

Sounds like everyone is either out enjoying themselves this weekend, and/or working diligently on getting healthy. I have also been doing well on my calories when eating. Also being choosey with what I eat. I can't afford to not eat healthy with all my health issues going on. I am being calm about it though. I know who is watching over me. All of you who have been having health issues are in my prayers.

Oh, Cindy I did get my fat/skinny quarter off in the mail to you.
    Old 09-14-2013, 11:29 AM

I will let everyone know when I receive their FQ's arrive.

I have having a creative block....too many projects to work on and not feeling motivated to do anything at all. I hate these times. I have been struggling with a pity party...won't go into the details.

Took mom this week to see the ortho doc about herr neck and low back pain, we go on Monday for an MRI of both areas....they seem to be more concerned about the neck area right now causing more of her stability problems than her low back. We get the results next Friday. Then we should have a plan of action as to how to proceed.

I am sure weight loss will be on that plan as well and increasing her activity.
    Old 09-14-2013, 11:51 AM

I wish I knew what my goal weight is then I could say I'm __ pounds from it and plan accordingly. I think I could live with 145, but prefer under 140. Nothing over 145. I guess I'll know when I get there. I did lose a pound this week - the first since the big push for the batiks.

countrymaid, glad to hear the arm is less painful. Praying for an uneventful recovery for you.

Pat, sounds like lovely weekend. Blood relatives become more important to us as we mature.

JuneBillie, I like your attitude.

Kathleen, congratulations on your goal setting. I'm glad I'm ga-ga for the florals - I love them, but I have enough. Have at it, girl.

Still coughing, but not so painful. This is so unusual for me, but I'm a fast healer so no big deal. I do need it to end by Tuesday so I can get my teeth cleaned with coughing while the hygienist has her hands in my mouth. Poor girl.

Cindy, my FQ went in a local drop box yesterday so that may delay it a day, but it's on it's way. Where are you and your friend going this week?

I ran into a grandson at the park last night and asked him to mow my lawn today so I can't be here long. I hate asking, but he was ever so willing, just doesn't think of volunteering.

Gayle, thinking of you today as you have your father's celebration of life.

I am losing weight and become healthier.
    Judy
    Old 09-14-2013, 12:21 PM

Went to another family reunion today. It was at a steakhouse with a buffet, so I had baked chicken, green beans, cooked carrots, and a small salad. Instead of dessert, I ate a few pieces of cantaloupe and fresh pineapple. I think I drank 3 glasses of water too. My cousin brought me a small watermelon he had raised to take home. I'll have some of that tomorrow. I watched everyone else eating the desserts and ice cream but it didn't really bother me today. I prayed and asked God to help me eat the right things, and to practice "self control". He answered my prayer. Seems like every meal is a challenge, but I can do this. The weather is so nice here. It's cooled off some. Hope everyone is having a great day.