Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Septembere 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a PRIZE!!!!! >
  • Septembere 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a PRIZE!!!!!

• Septembere 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a PRIZE!!!!!

Old 09-17-2013, 10:21 AM
    Power Poster

I am glad to be losing weight again. I feel motivated again, and that is the biggie for me. For lunch I had lean turkey on whole wheat bread. (50 calories per slice) I think for dinner I am going to have some cottage cheese with pear halves on it. The pears help to satisfy my sweet tooth. Tomorrow I will be going with my dad again for him to have an MRI. His last test was ok, but his doctor is still checking for something. It will be an all day trip tomorrow so I need to take meds with me, and maybe a floppy hat if it's sunny. The sun really does a number on me. Dad is slowing down so much, but he keeps going all he can. One of my sisters found it dad did not get refills on his meds. I guess he forgot, but hasn't had them for two weeks. I will make sure tomorrow he gets them . On his birthday, the 26th of this month we are all getting together to have a cook out for dad. He will be 81. I will be going for my test the day before his birthday. I hope to have good news, or at least manageable news. Keep going everyone. All of you are doing great. Even those of you that have ate a few things when out that you think was not the best was still you being aware, and you just keep going.
    Old 09-17-2013, 03:24 PM

Vanogay thanks for the terrific TUesday hints. Watch your serving sizes. I know on ice cream they are crazy small. I need to get back with my program. I haven't been exercising since school started. I'm having trouble adjusting to the new schedule. My student is giving me fits. We just can't figure him out. One minute he is working (it does take some coaxing), the next minute he is refusing to do anything we ask of him. Today he ran away from me. He spent some time with the principal. We are having an emergency crisis meeting about him on Friday. When the principal calls mom she jus laughs and says that is just him. Not sure he belongs in a regular classroom setting. He will be evaluated by the school psychologist soon.
    I made vegetable soup for dinner. It was good for a change. We usually have some sort of soup about once a week once the weather gets cooler. It makes good leftovers for lunches. I am making a baby quilt that needs to be finished by Sunday. I will finish the backing and hopefully layer it tonight. I stopped at the LQS to get some more of one of the fabrics for the binding. Of course they were out. Nothing there that would match. I was looking for a solid or reads solid to match. Nothing. Will go to another LQS tomorrow.
    Everyone eat healthy and exercise.
    Pat
    Old 09-17-2013, 06:06 PM

Irishros you FQ arrived today
    Old 09-18-2013, 08:26 AM

Hello everyone. I just wanted to say thank you again for the great fabrics in last months contest. I just received the package. I forsee several table runners in my future. I also wanted to tell everyone in last month (which I forgot to say) GOOD JOB for everyone that lost and keep trying for those that had trouble loosing. I just got back from Myrtle Beach this last weekend and am sorry to say I gained 4 pounds in one week. The kids kept saying "eat what you want. you are on VACATION" In the future I will not follow everything they tell me. It wasn't how much I ate either. It was what I ate. I have never had a baked potato and bacon pizza. Don't let anyone tell you that seafood is low calorie, especially when it is fried or stuffed. I also found the best BBQ ribs and wings I have had in a long time. Any way, I am back on my nutrisystem and have dropped 2 of the 4 pounds. I found a quilt shop called Quilting by the Beach. It is a nice little shop. I found it by accident on my way to one of the Tanger malls. Spent way too much. The had some thread cones of metalic threads on clearance. I haven't had time to read all the posts this month but when i get home from work I will go back and play catch up.

Last edited by craftygater; 09-18-2013 at 08:36 AM.
    Old 09-18-2013, 12:51 PM

I went to the gym last night and had an awesome workout. I slept better afterwards. I'm going to yoga tonight and always sleep well after that. It's always my best night of sleep for the week - so looking forward to going to bed tonight.

I haven't snacked today but haven't been drinking enough water, either, so that's not good. Students are starting to get sick, now that we've been back in school a couple of weeks and have time to pass our germs around. Also, a co-worker is sick and my son is home sick. I want to drink a glass of orange juice twice a day but I know it's high in sugar. And to be honest I'm probably too lazy, tired, and busy to make myself cut oranges and eat them every day. Maybe I should get Vitamin C tablets to take.

Meanmom - be careful going after 'elopers.' One of our staff ran after a preschooler one day and injured her ankle. She's had trouble with it for years.
    Old 09-19-2013, 03:55 PM

There is a full moon. You would think half of the kids have never been to school before. A very hectic day. I am so tired. I have a quilt I would really like to have finished by Sunday. We are having a baby shower for my niece who is adopting a baby. The top is finished. I got the bright idea to make the back a DP9. I was sewing last it night. I should probably call it un-sewing. It is probably the easiest pattern I have done in ages and I kept doing it wrong. I finally gave up and went to bed. I have 2 more rows to attach. Then layer and quilt it. Hopefully it will go better tonight. Otherwise she is getting an unfinished quilt.
    Old 09-19-2013, 06:04 PM

I have been bad with my food lately. At least I exercised today. Even got a shower taken before Allie came for the day. DD and I decided to have a garage sale. I got so much done on sunday. Got through most of the boxes from our move from Texas almost a year ago. Sorted out several things I want to keep so those are cluttering up my kitchen and laundry room. It is making me crazy! I need to clean some stuff out of my cupboards to make room for the things I brought into the house. Hopefully I can get a lot done this weekend. I don't get anything done when I am babysitting except playing with a sweet baby all day.
    Can't remember if I told you gals. My hubby started a new job on monday. It was a long 3+ months with him home everyday. LOL
    Old 09-20-2013, 03:43 AM

I have received FQ's from junebillie, tothill, Vanogay.
    Old 09-20-2013, 09:07 AM

Hey, I wasn't last to get my FQ this month. Wonders never cease!

I am losing ounces of weight. My weight has slipped below 150 (barely). Now to not think about it so it will continue. I'm trying to curtail dairy until I get rid of this nasty cough - that means no ice cream. Did I just find out where my problem lies???

Pam, it's good that your husband is back to work. A husband underfoot before retirement age can be aggravating. Love him, but-----.

Pat, I don't remember a full moon being to difficult, but after Halloween with all that sugar, Yikes!! I could tell when the cafeteria served Little Debbie Star Crunches for lunch by the behavior of some of my afternoon students. We finally had them removed from the menu but it took several meetings with the food service director.

I have a crustless pumpkin pie in the oven for lunch. Hurry up, oven.

I am losing weight and getting healthier.
    Judy
    Old 09-20-2013, 09:50 AM

Thank you for all of your condolences.
    I am in a kind of funk right now.
    Today is my birthday. 53 Going to have my hair woven back to it's natural color. I want to go shop at my local Quilt shop. They give you a birthday discount. But money is really tight and I don't really NEED fabric (did I just say that?)
    I have enough to keep me busy for the next 30 years!! Maybe it would help me feel better.... maybe it would only make me feel guilty. I don't have time before my hair appointment, maybe after. Or I could run out tomorrow, DH has to perform a funeral tomorrow, 3 other pastors at the church are on vacation or have other commitments.
    Tonight I have scheduled a "Project Serve" Us quilters will get together and sew for others. Last spring we made 11 quilts that we sent to a home in Romania. This fall we will made some baby quilts for the NICU and whatever other ideas the gals have come up with. Tonight was the only open night this month and I wanted to get in at least 2 or 3 of these in before Christmas. DH will help me go in early at 5:30 and set up tables and chairs, ironing boards and power strips. I hope we have a good turn out. I have not been around the last couple of Sunday's to remind everyone to come.
    This is a project that I have taken on. I love making quilts to give to those who really need or love them and wanted to get all my quilting friends involved with giving as well.
    My husband's birthday is Sunday. He, of course, has to work on his birthday. I think we will be going out to dinner tomorrow night. Maybe Chinese food.
    I have no plans on eating anything sweet, but if someone brings something fresh baked tonight I may cave.

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!