Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Serious Grandcild Issue Need Advice >
  • Serious Grandcild Issue Need Advice

• Serious Grandcild Issue Need Advice

Old 03-16-2012, 02:29 PM

I have read all of the reply's and no one has mentioned the control issue, children have no control over their lives in most things, peeing and pooping are things they can control. Your GS could be using this as a means of control with a domineering father.
    Old 03-18-2012, 01:25 PM

I have a 5 yr old niece with the opposite problem. I'm going to mention the chiropractor to them. There is such a wealth of knowledge on this board!
    Old 03-20-2012, 04:07 AM

Originally Posted by AuntieD
    I have a 5 yr old niece with the opposite problem. I'm going to mention the chiropractor to them. There is such a wealth of knowledge on this board!
    The chiropractor worked great for my grandson and for him I saw results in the first visit. His sister also has problems going to the bathroom but the difference is that his would come down but would be so hard and painful he would fight to keep it in to the point of crossing his legs. His sister (now 1yr)hers doesn't even come down so she has to take Miralax which caused concerns because we don't want her body to become dependent on it. We spoke to the doctor and he said it's more like fiber and she could take it every day for the rest of her life and she would be safe. She also had low iron but they couldn't treat it due to the contitpation so the started her on the high fiber Pedisure for infants. It makes her go to the bathroom and now she doesn't need the Miralax. The biggest difference between her and her brother is that laxatives didn't work for her brother and the constipation was causing UTI's for her. She's been thru a lot for being only 1. She just had tubes put in both ears for ear infections that wouldn't heal no matter what antibiotics they tried and even got an absess between her braind and skull from one. People think that kids can control their bodily functions and yes, sometimes they can. I've ran daycare centers and work for a children hospital but it's not as cut and dry as saying they all can. It's best to elimiate all possiblilties before you end up with a teenager like my niece who has to wear a bag now for the rest of her life because her body used laxatives to go to the bathroom all her life. The doctors couldn't find the problem.
    Old 03-21-2012, 03:49 PM

Very sorry to hear of this little bloke's problem. I was very lucky 3 kids & 3 out of nappies by 2 years. I'd like to travel the 900 apply a bit of pressure the 2 Testosterone bearing bags SIL has.
    I was lucky my 2nd much loved husband thought the toilet was the most comfortable seat in the house so would sit with youngest daughter for ages. When anything was accomplished it was like scoring a goal in a football match to us on the outside LOL
    Old 03-22-2012, 03:20 PM
    Power Poster

Just a thought here. I think the chiropractor is a good idea. If an illness could be the reason for the problem The little boy may not feel as bad about it and a few treatments at a chrioprator won't hurt, may help and even cure him physically and emotionally. It is not his fault. He is only 4 years old. I hope this little one makes it through unscared. NO TUFF LOVE FOR THIS DELICATE PROBLEM. He needs a better doctor.
    peace