Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Share your holiday decor with us! >
  • Share your holiday decor with us!

• Share your holiday decor with us!

Old 12-08-2013, 04:21 AM

Originally Posted by Jan in VA
    How lovely you can now have the tree of your desires, it's lovely!
    My decorations will be in my heart and in seeing all of y'alls on these pages.

Jan in VA
    I'm with you jan altho seeing that pretty white christmas tree makes me want to put one up,I'm an empty nester so I go to the kids house many yrs ago my mother and I lived together and we always had every holiday at our house she did the cooking and I did the baking and decorating of course sewing my own decorations.....
    Old 12-08-2013, 08:04 AM

I have a small table top lighted tree but havnt put it up yet.
    Im a great grandma now and with no kids around it just isn't Christmas like it used to be. It is a little sad now.
    At least it snowed last night so it looks like Christmas outside. I live away from the family now so have to travel 3 hours to see them. The annual Christmas party is coming up later this month so will get to see all the little ones and pass out presents to them.
    Old 12-08-2013, 04:34 PM
    Power Poster

Oh my that is so pretty....I am going to Buffalo NY for Christmas so no decorating for me....
    Old 12-08-2013, 04:40 PM

I truly wish I was showing my décor! my dh was not well last weekend this weekend he promised Sunday he would do it.. now.. I sit here Sunday evening waiting for the boxes to come up from the basement. Now it will be Monday and then.. sigh.. he is trying to get out of this I just know it. no decorations for the brat. it makes me sad!!! if I could walk in snow and down a flight of stairs I would be getting my things out two weeks ago! post your pics this is cool and love your white tree. I have no room currently for a tree but plan to get my garland up on the beam and put all my ornaments on that and decorate the tables, counters, sideboard and bookshelves. its CHRISTMAS time for lights and shiny things my cats will be sad missing out on the tree this year. maybe next year
    Old 12-08-2013, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat
    I truly wish I was showing my décor! my dh was not well last weekend this weekend he promised Sunday he would do it.. now.. I sit here Sunday evening waiting for the boxes to come up from the basement. Now it will be Monday and then.. sigh.. he is trying to get out of this I just know it. no decorations for the brat. it makes me sad!!! if I could walk in snow and down a flight of stairs I would be getting my things out two weeks ago! post your pics this is cool and love your white tree. I have no room currently for a tree but plan to get my garland up on the beam and put all my ornaments on that and decorate the tables, counters, sideboard and bookshelves. its CHRISTMAS time for lights and shiny things my cats will be sad missing out on the tree this year. maybe next year
    Please tell DH that we have asked him kindly to get your stuff from the basement, and if he does, I will give you the best ever fudge recipe for you to make for him. It only takes 2 minutes to make.
    Old 12-08-2013, 05:05 PM

I love your white Christmas tree! My DH put up all of our decorations. We use just a 3-4' tree now with all the children, grand children gone and making their own traditions with their families and lives. It's still the recognition of Christ's birthday in Bethlehem and we hope to express that with our decorations for as long as we can...MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!
    Old 12-08-2013, 06:16 PM

I just bought a white tree two years ago and have had blue bulbs on it each year. This year I want to do something different. I will see about putting up all my antique bulbs on it and seeing how it looks. When asked when I was going to get the tree out and decorated by DH. I told him when he brings it up and sets it up, then I will decorate. He quickly deflated, but the tree is now set up, now to unearth those decorations. I like your version of using the garland like you did.