Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Sharing the miniature horses....  my favorite event!  Warning: long illustrated post. >
  • Sharing the miniature horses.... my favorite event! Warning: long illustrated post.

• Sharing the miniature horses.... my favorite event! Warning: long illustrated post.

Old 07-30-2009, 03:02 AM
    k3n
    Power Poster

Karla thanks for taking the time to share that - wow! I loved it, felt like I was there; The old folks obviously get a big kick out of being close up and personal with your lovely minis, I bet it's the highlight of their year - I especially loved the pic of the smiling lady! And Tucker is just too cute for words! :D
    Old 07-30-2009, 03:36 AM

Nice job again Karla love the pictures of the horses. The babies are getting big.
    Old 07-30-2009, 04:31 AM

So adorable; i love horses, i v been riding since i was 4 and have had a few horses on my own, now i have a break but not intentionally its due to my bad health and 2 y ago i fell of my horse( she was just 3 and we was breaking her in) anyway in all those years i have never had any seroius accidents besides a broken ancle or arm but this time i did it well and fractured my right elbow 3 diff places and needed 2 surgerys , and i mite need the 3rd....

anyway i love love horses and we have had all sizes and colours etc but the smalles was Lady Celina and she was 104 cm tall and was a mix of shetland pony arabic horse and new forest and welsh pony he he

She was one of a kind, i ll see if i can find a photo for you :wink:
    she had the colour of a squirrel :mrgreen:
    Old 07-30-2009, 06:58 AM
    Power Poster

What a caring and happy person you are! I loved reading this post.
    Old 07-30-2009, 07:11 AM

I have been looking forward to your pictures for some time, Karla, and I certainly wasn't disappointed. Your visitors just look enthralled with the horses and the horses seem to understand they need to be gentle.

Kennedy is growing up to become a beautiful young lady. You know, her experiences with your horses is going to stay with her forever. What wonderful memories.

My MIL and FIL are in a Convalescent Hopsital in British Columbia and enjoyed a day trip to a Mini Horse Farm up there. It was much enjoyed. My FIL was actually one of the last members of the Army Calvary before WWII and loves horses. It made for a very special day for him.
    Old 07-30-2009, 08:59 AM

Gosh your yard is pretty as well as your babies. Kinda looks like East Texas. All we ever think about of New York is New York City. My husband went to Owego in the fall many years ago & brought back some lovely pictures. He couldn't get over how rocky & hilly it was & corn growing right out of them. We have a senior care center that has a rodeo for the folks to watch. Bring out horses & stuff. They also have a fishing day & set up a huge tank full of catfish for them to try & catch.
    Old 07-30-2009, 01:03 PM

Karla, that is so special of you to show your horses to the senior group! I bet they're still talking about it and all their relatives are sick and tired of hearing about the cute little horsies :lol: :lol:

You are such a special person to share your life with everyone!
    Old 07-30-2009, 04:26 PM

Thank you, Karla! I so enjoyed the show....and seeing my favorite babies again....they are sooooooo cute...I think that Maize might be the cutest little filly around.....
    Old 07-30-2009, 04:52 PM

It was great fun reading your replies. Thank you.

I worked Rosie today--and was delighted to find the harvested wheat field wasn't too pokey! Yay!! Jazz can go ground driving in there now. Rosie is just starting the first steps for ground driving--walking with a lead rope attached to both sides of her halter to get a feel for it. We're working on bowing too. Both foals got another halter lesson and I clipped Tucker. Well--I tried... the last set of blades went dull on me, so I need to get more tomorrow. He was being such a good boy. I just don't think I can sell him. :roll: But--man, oh, man, seven horses is going to be a lot of work in the winter.... sigh... but I love them all.

I haven't had a horse day in a week--been kayaking and quilting and the weather hasn't been great. It felt good to be out there. Well--I did kayak this morning, but only for 90 minutes... I am trying to pack my summer FULL!! :wink:
    Old 07-30-2009, 04:56 PM

I just love seeing the horses and the folks look like they were having so much fun.