Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • She doesn't sew but.......... >
  • She doesn't sew but..........

• She doesn't sew but..........

Old 01-13-2011, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by Karyn
    Originally Posted by KathyAire
    Nice weapon. I got my license in '95 or 96' when the law was passed to legally carry. Before that, I carried a 38 special in my glove box even though it was illegal.
    I have taught personal protection classes for NRA for women. I have a KY state police revolver in my home and carry a 38 in my Jeep with me.
    I travel alone a lot and am prepared to use it if need be. I think things would be better for us if someone knew that if they attacked us, they would be shot, just sayin'
    Like they always told us: I would rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6.
    I'm with you, mine is always locked & loaded to be used to protect myself & my family. Good to see so many of us girls that know how to handle a firearm
    Old 01-13-2011, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Hosta
    I have never touched a gun in my life I don't know how you do it scares me completely
    This is exactly why I started to shoot. I was terrified of them and working with the police it was a constant source of stress. I took a Women on Target class at my local pitol club and loved every min of it. NRA sponsors these classes for women only. We had a ball. I now have my second License to carry conceled and I own three guns.
    Old 01-13-2011, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Gomeyer
    hope you don't ever have to shoot anyone
    Me too, but knowing that I would, might be a deterrent! One more thing, if you ever pull out your gun be prepared to use it or it could be taken away from you and used on you. I would never show mine just to make someone back off if I was truly afraid- If I show it, I will use it!!
    Old 01-13-2011, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
    I was raised in the WV hills, guns were a method for getting food during the depression. In big cities there were food riots, in the hills we could raise gardens and kill all of our food, wild and home raised.
    My DH and I made our kids get well acquainted with guns, even to having them field strip and oil them on the table. One son was a cop, one is guard in a CA prison, oldest daughter is guard in a Texas jail. Guns are tools, you can kill yourself or others with a hammer if you are so inclined. Guns don't kill unless they have a nut pulling the trigger.
    Amen to that sister.
    Old 01-13-2011, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by kwilter
    Seems all of you who carry guns or rifles are sensible and sane folks....its the "nut jobs" that concern me!
    The 'nut jobs' don't have licenses to carry a concealed handgun. The people doing the shooting like in Tucson, don't have a license. I dare say, 99% of the people with a license are responsible weapons carriers. You will only see a very, very small percentage of licensed carriers in the news for shooting someone.
    Those 'nut jobs' are not in the same category as licensed carriers. They are a breed of their own.
    Old 01-13-2011, 01:19 PM

Seems all of you who carry guns or rifles are sensible and sane folks....its the "nut jobs" that concern me!
    True the nuts are the problem-- and they can kill you with a car, hammer, knife or whatever-- if that is their intention.
    I just believe in taking care of yourself. I don't intend on being a victim anymore. I was robbed once at gunpoint- until you have lived with the fear of having a gun placed at your temple= you just can't imagine what fear goes through you. Never again!!
    Old 01-13-2011, 01:25 PM

Congrats on your new acquisition. Hopefully, you will not run into a situation where you need it, but if you do you will be prepared. Sad to say, but the truth is, having that protection can mean the difference between life and death..
    Old 01-13-2011, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by KathyAire
    The 'nut jobs' don't have licenses to carry a concealed handgun. The people doing the shooting like in Tucson, don't have a license. I dare say, 99% of the people with a license are responsible weapons carriers. You will only see a very, very small percentage of licensed carriers in the news for shooting someone.
    Those 'nut jobs' are not in the same category as licensed carriers. They are a breed of their own.
    The one in Tucson had a permit. He had gotten it in November. The gun shop owner didn't want to sell it to him because of the way he was acting but since he didn't have a record they had to sell hiim one. I agree though that it's not the licensed owners we need to worry about. It's the criminals that will get a gun and not worry about the license.

I agree with the others - Don't pull your gun unless you plan on using it. Otherwise it could be used to kill you.
    Old 01-13-2011, 01:31 PM
    Banned

Wow....never knew so many quilters "pack" a gun. Don't carry it when you go to a fabric sale....LOL
    Old 01-13-2011, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by cafegold2
    Sorry all of you gun carriers...After the deaths in Tucson last week I am becoming more anti easy gun purchase and use.
    I agree!!! So many more people are killed with a gun that is in their home than by intruders. I have a home security system and would NEVER have a gun in my home!

FREE Quilting Newsletter