Should I tell my husband?

Old 04-08-2012, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by sewgray
I don't want to start a fire storm here but why would you try to sell a machine you know is not working right?
If you are honest with the buyer, what's the problem? I was only saying I was trying to find out what exactly the problem was or if there was a problem other than operator error.
Old 04-08-2012, 04:00 PM

If not telling him is bothering you, I would tell him. You did not know at the time, what was wrong with the machine. I don't like secrets and they have a way of coming out.
Old 04-08-2012, 04:25 PM

There are some things that you just need to keep to yourself.
Old 04-08-2012, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Jackie Spencer
If not telling him is bothering you, I would tell him. You did not know at the time, what was wrong with the machine. I don't like secrets and they have a way of coming out.
I will tell him tomorrow. We are taking a little trip to look at a van, so we'll have an hour or so alone. I know he will laugh, he is the one who told me to go find a machine. The Singer is still under warranty if I had found anything major wrong. But I learned two lessons, don't assume everything you get with a machine is the proper accessories and don't assume everyone knows what you are saying. I assumed everyone would understand that the machine was under warranty if I found something seriously wrong and I would never sell anything I wasn't truthful about.
Old 04-08-2012, 05:24 PM

If it bothers you about getting the machines and your dh not knowing, tell him. I'm married to one of the guys who wouldn't care what I bought or what I paid for it. I could buy an elephant and put it in the living room and he'd probably never say a word unless it got between him and the tv. :-) He's been known to see a sewing machine at the flea market and come home with it.
Old 04-08-2012, 07:38 PM

We can all offer you an opinion but only you know the dynamic between you & your husband. I'm not good at secrets where DH is concerned. It's not like he demands or expects it. I just have a conscience that won't let me lie or keep anything from him. I always tell the truth because I have a terrible memory and figure if I just tell the truth I'm fine. Also don't have guilty feelings. I can be tactful but can't tell an out & out lie.
Old 04-09-2012, 07:20 AM

I always told my DH about the machines and the fabric binges -he always got a kick out of my ''kid in the candy store''smile over these things.In the 25 yrs we had together the only time it took me 24hrs to tell him something was when I backed into a big old Oak tree in his work van and bent the bumper all he said was as long as I was ok and no one else was hurt it didn't matter-so after that I never kept anything secret.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:50 AM

You know if we all lived by the golden rule we would have a lot more happy people in this big old world.
Old 04-09-2012, 03:27 PM

Ok last post. Of course my husband knows about the machines. They are setting on my work table in plain sight. I bought the last machine at his insistence after having problems with the Singer. I was trying to teach my daughter on it and we were both getting aggravated and my husband suggested I go over and see if my repairman had another machine. The question was should I tell my husband I found the problem with the Singer and it was as simple as Singer put the wrong bobbin in the accessories with the machine. He won't be upset but I felt dumb. I thought it might help someone else not to trust what accessories with a machine as fitting the machine. The machine is still under warranty I only bought it in December. I needed to see if it needed to go back or if it was me who could not work the machine. If I decided to sell it I would tell anyone that I was having problems using the machine. I don't know where half the replies came from. I'll make sure I don't ask anymore questions or try to help anyone. Probably won't bother reading this site anymore think I can do better on my own.
Old 04-09-2012, 04:10 PM

Cool

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk

Makes me wonder what other secrets one is willing to keep hidden.
...glassware from the auction, costume ring from the auction, spare coffee maker from Goodwill, Aurefil thread (lots!) from Canada, sweaters from Belk, affair with Kozmo... just kidding about the last one!

Girlfriend, let's not be an open book, every mystery adds some excitement!