Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • signing up for new websites and blogs?? >
  • signing up for new websites and blogs??

• signing up for new websites and blogs??

Old 02-24-2017, 05:20 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Bjbaxter
    You don't have to have a Facebook page to view these types of Facebook pages.
    Yeah that's right but it's easier to click and share for a give away. I have won several great give aways last year. One was a set of Aurafil thread collection and one was a acrylic extension table to fit my machine. I think that was worth having a Facebook account.
    Old 02-24-2017, 07:09 PM

I worked with computer insecurity so long, I am hesitant to get a FB account now -- DH did it when he could use a pseudo name so he hasn't been hassled but we have to constantly fix his security settings. It is frustrating so I don't want one.
    Old 02-25-2017, 08:56 AM

Email the person and ask to be added to the newsletters. I have done this when I am unable to find the sign up link and each time I have received a reply that they either signed me up or told me here the link was located. I have found it is usually hidden in all the various information in the side bar and difficult to find. I have done this and have never been not added to the newsletter.
    Old 02-25-2017, 09:37 AM
    Power Poster

I'm on FAcebook but I don't sign up for everything. Most of the people on my friend wall I know. I've deleted many because of certain issues but as far as signing up for different sites, judykay is right. You can Google the people and got to their sites to sign up. You don't have to sign up or register on social media to do it.
    Old 02-25-2017, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by lwbuchholz
    I don't do Facebook either and get frustrated that so many people and businesses will do specials only on Facebook.
    Lynda
    I agree with Linda and Helen6869 on Facebook. My daughter signed me up, but I seldom go there unless I want to see pics my DD has posted. Also, if I get a notification that someone has posted to me or about me, then I go to FB. It takes up too much of my time, because once I get on, I sometimes will stay longer than I really wanted to. If my friends don't email me, I don't email them either.