Skype users out there???

Old 03-06-2010, 10:41 PM

Yes, we use it with the webcam to visit our daughter, son-in-law and grandson in NC. We're in CA. I was worried our little grandson wouldn't know me when I got back there to visit, so we started using it. He recognizes us when we get on, throwing kisses and waving (he's 19 months). I am very happy with the quality of the picture and sound. It needs a good connection, though, so it needs to be DSL or other fast connection.
Old 03-06-2010, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by memathomas
i was wondering how to use it my adopted daughter (8) wants to talk to her sister who is in another adoptive home the mom of her sister wants me to get skype so they can chat. so i did put it on my lap top but reluctant to use it don't know enough about it. how do i make a call with web cam???
memathomas
It will explain itself when you start the program. Use the Video Call button to start it. You'll have to put your family/friends in as contacts, and they have to sign up too and give you their contact name. It's not hard. You can do it!!
Old 03-07-2010, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by jljack
Originally Posted by memathomas
i was wondering how to use it my adopted daughter (8) wants to talk to her sister who is in another adoptive home the mom of her sister wants me to get skype so they can chat. so i did put it on my lap top but reluctant to use it don't know enough about it. how do i make a call with web cam???
memathomas
It will explain itself when you start the program. Use the Video Call button to start it. You'll have to put your family/friends in as contacts, and they have to sign up too and give you their contact name. It's not hard. You can do it!!

Does it cost anything for skyping? How do you sign up for skyping?
Old 03-07-2010, 11:05 AM

It is free to use skype with a mic and webcam if desired to communicate computer to computer. It is free computer to computer. If you desire to use computer to cell or landline, it is about $4 monthly basically unlimited (10,000 minutes monthlyy). You just go to the skype website and you can find out anything you want to know. If I can do it, anyone can! good luck.
Old 03-10-2010, 07:04 AM

I have it downloaded on my mini laptop. Finally used it today and talked to the grandbabies! Loved seeing them. Donny had them singing along with him, it was just too cute!
Old 03-11-2010, 06:54 PM

Sky pe is great!!!!!
I strongly recomend it to everyone that wants to keep in touch with family members that are far away....
Good luck :thumbup:
Old 03-14-2010, 06:59 PM

Hi Andrea, how are you feeling these days? Great, I hope. Hadn't heard from you in awhile and was wondering how you and baby boy are doing? You know I have a vested interest in you two!!! lol Hope your delivery is fast and easy. I'm not on the board every day, so may have missed some of your posts, but I did go to your blog and catch up! Take care your both yourselves!! How much longer do you have? Please send me your address again...don't know what I've done with it. Thanks, Woodie (Dorothy of Kansas, now in Oklahoma!)