Smart phones.

Old 04-23-2012, 10:13 AM

I totally agree. When the iPhones first came out I could not immagine ever wanting or needing one, will I am now on my second iPhone and don't know what I did without one.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:45 AM

I never wanted a cell phone but my dh surprised me with one several years ago. How did I live without it? Same thing with the iphone. I thought they were too pricey and too complicated. But my SIL gave me one and it is so much fun. I'm getting ready to upgrade to a fancier one now - gonna do that by myself. LOL.
Old 04-23-2012, 11:51 AM

I am a technological dinosaur - I can call and text on my phone. Can't even figure out how to take pictures. We got our developmentally disabled teenage daughter an iphone. She can do all sorts of things on it that I can't figure out. So when I want to do something I ask my daughter and she'll get me a map, the weather forecast, utube, whatever. She's so proud that she can do something Mom can't that I'll probably never try to learn.
Old 04-23-2012, 12:03 PM
Power Poster

Not for me, I barely use my simple cell phine, it is dead most of the time.
Old 04-23-2012, 01:34 PM

I've been thinking about buying a smart phone but I dislike being forced to buy a data package to go along with it. I'm usually home and using my PC for most things I can do on a smart phone, so would like to pay as I go (as I do now with pictures.)

How much data do you use on average per month?
Old 04-23-2012, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by CAS49OR
How much data do you use on average per month?
Most wireless providers have a data calculator on their websites that you can use to estimate your data usage. It varies wildly depending on your preferences and habits, how much you text, how often you access the internet, etc. For instance, my husband uses a LOT of data because he travels and uses his phone for a lot of business. Conversely, I don't use any because I'm a SAHM and have access to wireless internet in my home.

Here are a few data calculators you can check out:
http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/s...latorPopup.jsp
http://www.att.com/standalone/data-calculator/
Old 04-23-2012, 02:10 PM

When I bought my phone it was classified as a smart phone but with all of the changes in the past two years it's not so smart anymore. My daughters android is way above mine. I don't want to change because I don't want to renew my contract incase something comes up and I need the money elsewhere. So I'll just stick with my semi-smart phone for now.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:12 PM

Our police dept just announced they have an app now for folks to call in their tips and problems. Seems calling 911 was too much work. I don't understand it. But then I'm of the selectric generation. It's all I can to do use my laptop. Why does it keep insisting on deleting my typing as I'm typing?!!!???
Old 04-24-2012, 04:19 AM

I love my IPhone too. I have over 150 photos on it and almost all of them are of my pets. I have 3 dogs and one cat and even 4 fish and they are all on the phone in various poses. I love to text and read my email when I am on the road traveling. I don't like the weight of the phone, could be our rubber cover that will protect it if I drop it (and we have). I share it with DH, it's not mine alone, but I'm okay with that. Hate the increased monthly cost, but the phone is A-OK.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:12 AM

You may have clicked your "insert" key. It's up to the right of your backspace key. Insert replaces letters instead of pushing them over.

QUOTE=jlwheart;5165495]Our police dept just announced they have an app now for folks to call in their tips and problems. Seems calling 911 was too much work. I don't understand it. But then I'm of the selectric generation. It's all I can to do use my laptop. Why does it keep insisting on deleting my typing as I'm typing?!!!???[/QUOTE]