snakes alive

Old 08-19-2011, 03:19 PM

When we lived in Texas, around Weatherford, my sons decided we needed a shoe box full of baby Heala(not the right spelling) Monsters. Then there was the frog at two in the morning. Guess thats what you get when you have 5 sons. LOL
Old 08-19-2011, 03:19 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Lisanne
Well, at least you don't live here:
http://www.rexburgstandardjournal.co...cc4c002e0.html
That isn't that far from me...They better stay there!!!!
Old 08-19-2011, 03:48 PM

You may have a snake loose in your house that you may have to deal with another day. Here is an easy way. Get a broom stick , not broom, just the stick (or similar) size 5/6 ft stick. Put a small eye bolt in the end. Fasten a long length of twine to the non-eye bolt end, run the twine down the length of the stick, (keep it close to the stick by taping it down with duct tape) run it out the eye bolt, and loop it back in the eye bolt and bring the loose end up to the non-eye bolt end, add a couple of feet and cut the twine. You have a stick with twine attached, looped through the eye bolt at one end and held in your hand at the other end. Hold the stick in your right hand, the loose end of twine in the left hand. The loop should be about 6 inches. You stand the full 6 ft away from the snake - which will usually coil in defense, or back into a corner- slip the loop over its head, pull the twine with your left hand, keeping it tight. You lift the snake with the stick, walk it to a trash can, release the twine. The snake drops into the can which it cannot climb out of. Put the lid on the can, take both of them outside. You are never closer than 6ft to the snake. Even a 6ft long snake cannot strike 6ft from where it is coiled. You are safe. A 6ft snake needs something stronger than twine, however.
Old 08-19-2011, 05:43 PM
Power Poster

i would be freaking out cant stand them not in books zooz etc
Old 08-19-2011, 07:18 PM

Oh no! I would not be able to sleep.
Old 08-19-2011, 08:25 PM

Location: Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!

Originally Posted by 1234Irene
I heard one time that a snake wont go over a rope. Was told that cowhands would sleep inside a circle of their lasso to keep snakes from joining them in their sleeping bags. When you put the baby powder down to track it, perhaps lay a rope across the door frame to keep it contained to one room till it can be found, caught and gotten rid of?
hmmm, I'm going to try that with our snakes to see if there is truth. will take a day or so to get a rope but now I gotta know . . .
Old 08-19-2011, 08:27 PM

If I was there I'd get him as long as we were sure it was the none poison kind. I have no fear if it is non poison kind. My mom was the same way. My dad was scared. So my mom would get them for my brother. I had a pet snake until it got away.
Old 08-19-2011, 10:14 PM
Power Poster

Yuck and no thanks!

Originally Posted by TanyaL
You may have a snake loose in your house that you may have to deal with another day. Here is an easy way. Get a broom stick , not broom, just the stick (or similar) size 5/6 ft stick. Put a small eye bolt in the end. Fasten a long length of twine to the non-eye bolt end, run the twine down the length of the stick, (keep it close to the stick by taping it down with duct tape) run it out the eye bolt, and loop it back in the eye bolt and bring the loose end up to the non-eye bolt end, add a couple of feet and cut the twine. You have a stick with twine attached, looped through the eye bolt at one end and held in your hand at the other end. Hold the stick in your right hand, the loose end of twine in the left hand. The loop should be about 6 inches. You stand the full 6 ft away from the snake - which will usually coil in defense, or back into a corner- slip the loop over its head, pull the twine with your left hand, keeping it tight. You lift the snake with the stick, walk it to a trash can, release the twine. The snake drops into the can which it cannot climb out of. Put the lid on the can, take both of them outside. You are never closer than 6ft to the snake. Even a 6ft long snake cannot strike 6ft from where it is coiled. You are safe. A 6ft snake needs something stronger than twine, however.
Old 08-20-2011, 04:22 AM
gus

I would be gone with him!!!
Old 08-20-2011, 06:44 AM

Dont fool yourself, Those "non poisonous" snakes cause heart failure!!!! If I see one my heart just ups and quits!!!