Snow Day!

Old 01-10-2011, 06:10 AM

Wow you are lucky....that is a "dusting" for us up here! Have a great sewing day :!:
Old 01-10-2011, 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by tmg
We have about 3" of snow on the ground with ice under that. So I can't go to work today. I will get to spend the whole day at the sewing machine. I am so excited. I just had to share with someones. Will have to wait a bit until the family get up tho :(
My niece moved several year ago from Massachusetts to TN to get away from the snow. Har har har!! _ :D :D _

Sorry, folks, I know it's hard for those of you in the south who aren't accustomed to snow. Stay safe!
Old 01-10-2011, 06:38 AM

Atlanta Georgia and surrounding area is SHUT DOWN!! No school, no work, even the airport is having major problems. This is one of the best snow/ice I have seen in my 51 years. The DGD is out with her Papa sledding. This doesn't happen often here in the South. Gotta love global warming! Coffee with Kahlua and then maybe a little sewing. Stay safe and warm!
Old 01-10-2011, 07:24 AM
Power Poster

We have snow and ice here too. I don't have to work and DGD didn't have school so we are home together.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:29 AM
Power Poster

Stay safe and warm :D:D:D
Old 01-11-2011, 04:00 AM

Originally Posted by pojo
it wouldn't stop us here in Pennsylvania either.
That is nothing here.
Enjoy your sewing day and be careful if you have to go outside in it.
I couldnt manage your road with nothing on them. Out here things are flat and square. I bet a tomtom would have a hard time with your roads! My dh is from PA, he does all the navigation. After years of going back I still wouldnt be able to get to his moms. The roads are like paved goat paths. But its one of the most beautiful states Ive seen. Nothing like sitting on the clarion river, or taking a walk up a stream that feeds the clarion. Beautiful, the first time I took a hike there my eyes teared up.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:00 AM

Originally Posted by pojo
it wouldn't stop us here in Pennsylvania either.
That is nothing here.
Enjoy your sewing day and be careful if you have to go outside in it.
I couldnt manage your road with nothing on them. Out here things are flat and square. I bet a tomtom would have a hard time with your roads! My dh is from PA, he does all the navigation. After years of going back I still wouldnt be able to get to his moms. The roads are like paved goat paths. But its one of the most beautiful states Ive seen. Nothing like sitting on the clarion river, or taking a walk up a stream that feeds the clarion. Beautiful, the first time I took a hike there my eyes teared up.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:06 AM

Whew! LOL We have approx. 11 inches of snow and the weatherman says more is on it way. Looks like our school will not be in session for all week. I am just glad the kids have all left the nest, hubby is working down in the basement, and I work for the school system and don't have to report in. I live in Western North Carolina. The others will have to make up the snow day at the end of the yr. but not me. I will be retiring the middle of April. I just loving it.
Old 01-11-2011, 05:42 AM

Snow Day here also, but someone forgot to inform my kids that snow days are for sleeping in and not about jumping up before sunrise to see how much snow we got!
Old 01-11-2011, 11:44 AM

I have a sister who moved to Atlanta and was so excited to be away from snowy Nebraska. Not too long after she moved there...snow and the city shut down. She couldn't comprehend that - it was only an inch or two!!

Now that she has lived there eight years, she can stay indoors with the best of them.