Soap for Leg Cramps

Old 06-05-2011, 05:28 AM

When my sister first mentioned the soap under the sheet many years ago, I thought she was crazy. I was having some pretty bad leg cramps at night so I tried it. I think I am using Dove and have for the last few years. I don't have the cramps anymore. I put the bar between the top and bottom sheets. It works for me.
Old 06-05-2011, 05:37 AM

I too, suffer from leg cramps, sever enough to wake me up from a sound sleep. I visited our local health food store and CALM a natural magnesium supplement. I purchased it and it releives my cramps almost immediately. Not only does it help with cramps, but also gives me a CALM, peaceful night's sleep. I haven't heard of the soap remedie, but think I'll give it a try. Thanks!!!
Old 06-05-2011, 09:30 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Rettie V.Grama
I also have a tendency to retain fluids in my feet and ankles overnight. When I got up this morning, there was no bloating and my feet were nice and pink and looked about normal size.

The only thing I noticed was that usually I need to use the bathroom one time per night. Last night I Had to use it about every 2 hours. Is that where the bloat went?
The fluid has to go somewhere. Seems logical!
Old 06-07-2011, 05:22 AM

Hello Every one:
I have had the bar of soap in my bed near my feet for 3 nights now. No cramps! Thank God! I used to have them at least twice a night, sometimes more. Now none. I know soap is made with a lye solution. I just wondering if lye has potassium in it. From what I have read, lack of potassium in our system causes the cramps.

Think it might be good for girls who have their monthly cramps?

Going to tell my granddaughter to try it.