Stars Foal Watch :)

Old 07-09-2009, 05:21 AM

Kay, you have to do what you have to do....sometimes the heart overrides the brain sometimes. I know it does with me. Hate when that happens!
Sucks about the job offer for Rusty...maybe they'll change something in it and offer more money. We can only hope!

See Vick? I hope he looks better. If not, TRY and get that boy back! Even if it is to fatten him up.
I know Courtney was REALLY upset when I told her about him. She says you have her permission to smack that lady and take Vick back lol
Old 07-09-2009, 05:46 AM
Banned

Kay, I know that you said Russ was really disappointed with the salary offer, but here are some things he may want to ask about. Many companies start workers out really low, but they have regular salary increases, usually starting after the usual 90 day probationary period, and often every six months for the first year. Sometimes these raises include a COLA (cost of living adjustment). Russ should at least go in and discuss the salary and see if they will negotiate, if not a higher start, then some kind of guarantee of regular reviews with increases.

Is this company one that he has room to advance in? Would not accepting a job offer affect his unemployment? How much longer does he have unemployment benefits. If he takes the job and it doesn't for some reason work out, does his benefits reset? Will the medical benefits be worth anything?

I know that you guys have probably already thought about all these things, but you know how we all are. Family and friends just love to put their two cents in! And I realize that most of the time that's exactly what it's worth.

That being said, you can remind Russ that there are lots of ladies out there waving dollars at the foal cam yelling at him to dance! ROFL!!

Heck, if you can't sell Kyle, maybe you can rent him out! I've been renting some of my coworkers kids to do my heavy work for me!! LOL

Give Twinkle and Rumor and Harley a kiss on the nose from me! Oh, mom says from her too. She was soooooooo excited to see Twinkle born! It made both of our summers!! Thank you and Russ and Kyle for lettiing us into your world. And thank you Terri!!!!
Old 07-09-2009, 05:54 AM
Banned

Hey Terri, what was that link to the leopard mini? Someone from work wanted to see.
Old 07-09-2009, 05:56 AM

Sell Twinkle? No way.......

Kay, don't you have to have breeding stock? Just think of the babies Twinkle will have. If you think she's beautiful, just imagine her babies.

And, for what it's worth she is displaying independence which I think is a
real sign of significiant intelligence. (and you "know" how much I know about horsies)

Sell somebody else.......and that's an order. I think all the Mare Stare team will agree with me........

(I probably couldn't SELL any of them. lol :lol: )
Old 07-09-2009, 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by gaigai
Hey Terri, what was that link to the leopard mini? Someone from work wanted to see.
Here you go. http://www.miniaturehorsetalk.com/in...658&hl=leopard
You should see some of the others on there. They are cute, but NOT as cute as Karla's or Kay's. Ok, I'm a bit prejudice. lol
Old 07-09-2009, 07:40 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
Originally Posted by gaigai
Here you go. http://www.miniaturehorsetalk.com/in...658&hl=leopard
You should see some of the others on there. They are cute, but NOT as cute as Karla's or Kay's. Ok, I'm a bit prejudice. lol
He's cute - isn't that what's called appeloosa? BUT he's not as pretty as Twinkle! :D
Old 07-09-2009, 11:00 AM

I do so love that leapord appy!! Hes a cutie

Feel free to throw in advice I am always wanting any advice!

This "company" is brand new not even open yet. Which means there is opportunity to advance but on the other hand it could also fail. We still have not received the info they promised to send on health ins. Its a husband and wife that have never done this kind of work opening a hardware chain/store. They just seem kinda ditzy on some things and not real professional. Hubby loves them but they kinda need to pull their head out LOL. Since this couple has zero experience in managing a store I would think hubby would be a real asset to them :) We are going to try and get them up just a bit so at least its more then unemployment. As it stands if he takes it we will have less net then unemployment. Hes only used 3 weeks of unemployment (he had severnce pay) so he could stay on it for 25 more weeks. Ohio has such a high unemployment that they extended how long you can collect. Which is really sad. I think mentally it would be best for him to take it as hes going nuts but financially it may not be smart

We have been debating all day what to do
Old 07-09-2009, 11:39 AM
Power Poster

Kay....do you REALLY have to sell Twinkle???? :( :( :(
I would hate to be in your shoes deciding who stays and goes.... :? :? :?

Hopefully this company will decided that they can atleast up the ante so that Rusty does not lose money by accepting this job. They have to realize that a good employee has to be able to afford to live on his wages!!! Keeping fingers crossed that when you hear back from them it is with some better wages!!!

I am so hoping that you find Vick in better condition than last time!!! I'm with Courtney, if he's not....smack her a good one!!! :evil: :evil: We will gladly take up a collection to post bail and pay for your lawyer!!! :wink:
Old 07-09-2009, 12:02 PM

Kay, if Vic is not in better shape, can you report her to the authoritys, ASPCA???
Please don't sell Twinkle....she's special....she has a very high intellect, and will shine in the ring.....
Sell one of the Mom's, like Patches or Flirt....opps, sorry Kyle, forgot Patches was yours.........or Dale!
Run tours of the farm, showing the cutest foals ever!!!!!Can even decorate with quilts and sell them....
Old 07-09-2009, 01:03 PM

Woohoo I got a prospect on someone buying Flirt so I can keep stars foal :) Hopefully she sells this time. I have sold her 2 times and each time the buyer couldnt come up with the money. I really really want to keep this filly. Shes everything I have been breeding for and while we have had some outstanding colts this year I do believe she is the best of the bunch :) But Im partial LOL

Dang cam keeps going down and I cant figure out why