Stars Foal Watch :)

Old 06-26-2009, 09:34 PM

Yikes! I'd better see if I have any clean shorts to wear tomorrow! Supposed to be in the 90s tomorrow here.
Old 06-27-2009, 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by amma
Originally Posted by Tink's Mom
:lol: :roll: :lol: I just love catching up before I say something :lol: :lol: STar wan't to beat the mare poll, HUH?
Sorry I havent been here. I think I may have heat exaustion...again....So, I feel like #$@# today...would go back to bed, but the dog has to go to the vet... still limping...
Kay, Sorry to hear that Star is being a stinker! You didn't let her talk with Patches, Did YoU?
Susie, you take care of yourself!!!! We need you to be here with us for the big event :D :D :D I hope that Tink will be ok, let us know what the vet says, ok???
The VET says" That will be $150" Tink is fine, just a sprain...on glucosamine and rest :roll: Me, I'll be fine...it's now 3am and I just got home from taking the neighbor to the ER. She is a cancer patient and was severly dehydrated. I'm surprised they let her go home....
Old 06-27-2009, 12:47 AM
Banned

Poor Sue! Everyone should have a vet like mine. Dr. Tall Dark and Studly is wonderful and usually gives me a break on costs. Occasionally he has even treated without cost, and once when Mom couldn't get in to pick up some mess, he came by the house to drop them off. Of course I've just about paid for his son's college tuition. And the kid is only five. LOL

BTW the new kitty was in yesterday cause she is still congested. He told me that he wants to come back as one of my animals when he dies. Poor baby kitty, all of her claws are torn off at the nuns, and all her little paw pads are just big scabs. He said it looked like she had been thrown out of a car and or dragged. It's amazing that she's as loving and trusting as she is.

And Star is going to go late Saturday nite.
Old 06-27-2009, 12:47 AM

This mare needs to dance for us! lol

Ok, here's the list!!
I'm pretty sure I have everyones date/time right.
If you signed up and your name isn't here, let me know so I can double check the thread.

gaigai.............................June 29 @ 2:30AM
dvseals..........................July 1 @ 11:30PM
amma............................July 2 @ 8:00PM
Barbm............................July 3 @ 2:16PM
Sewjoyce .....................July 4 @ 2:00PM
justquilting.....................July 4 @ 7:11PM
Billswife99.....................July 4 @ 11:49PM
Quilt4U.........................July 5 @ 1:32AM
dreamer........................July 5 @ 10:03AM
Sharon b......................July 5 @ 11:15PM
Sandpat.......................July 6 @ 12:00AM (midnight)
Omak..........................July 6 @ 8:47PM
zyxquilts.....................July 7 @ 1:05PM
tlrnhi...........................July 7 @ 2:17PM
Joan...........................July 7 @ 9:32PM
Bearpaw....................July 8 @ 12:15AM
Ducky.........................July 8 @ 1:10AM
Ninnie ........................July 8 @ 6:57PM
Tinks Mom..................July 8 @ 7:16PM
K3N.........................July 9 @ 2:25AM
kwhite......................July 9 @ 11:45PM
butterflywing..............July 10 @ 8:00PM
shemjo......................July 17 @ 4:06PM

Old 06-27-2009, 01:50 AM
k3n
Power Poster

That's a good range - we MUST have a winner this time! LOL
Old 06-27-2009, 03:09 AM

GM ladies!

Horses are one of the few animals that can sleep standing up as their stifles lock so they dont fall. But they will usually cock one leg off and on. Thats probably what you were seeing.

She was really wound up again around 1000 pm then settled down again. Poor thing is just really uncomfortable. Its supposed to start cooling off so hopefully she will be more comfortable.

We will be in the barn clipping all day again ughh. Have a visitor coming over too that wanted to meet Feature in person so that should be fun.
Old 06-27-2009, 03:37 AM

Sure Kay....the heat leaves you and comes to me!
We have NO breeze here. The humidity is horrible! We have had to turn on ALL a/c's on ALL 3 floors to cool the house. Don't want to see my electric bill when it comes in. Ok, I NEVER want to see it! Can't wait to get back to the states to get a NORMAL bill!

I missed Star most of the day/night today. Had to go and get 2 tires for Bills truck. The one that we fixed, well? It had a slice in it. He ran over something, so we bought 2 new tires and that took most of the morning. Then I came home and went into my sewing room to hopefully finish off these things I need to get done.
I have been on and off checking on our girl, but she's being boring!
Teach her how to dance or send some cutie out there to dance....I got dollar bills! lol
Old 06-27-2009, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by amma
:lol: :roll: :lol: I just love catching up before I say something :lol: :lol: STar wan't to beat the mare poll, HUH?
Sorry I havent been here. I think I may have heat exaustion...again....So, I feel like #$@# today...would go back to bed, but the dog has to go to the vet... still limping...
Kay, Sorry to hear that Star is being a stinker! You didn't let her talk with Patches, Did YoU?
Susie, you take care of yourself!!!! We need you to be here with us for the big event :D :D :D I hope that Tink will be ok, let us know what the vet says, ok???
The VET says" That will be $150" Tink is fine, just a sprain...on glucosamine and rest :roll: Me, I'll be fine...it's now 3am and I just got home from taking the neighbor to the ER. She is a cancer patient and was severly dehydrated. I'm surprised they let her go home....

I CAN relate to the costs of Vets. It just seems like God sends us the animals with weird, hard to diagnose alilments. After many problems including but not limited to: melanoma in an eye (needed removal and a prosthesis), extended treatment for lupus (who thought dogs had lupus????), one of our babies with fungus in his nails--all of them, they had amputated 3 toes because of concerns about a systemic infection
(also a strange problem which eventually required removal of all nails, not fun). That's just the start, I could go on and on.

When our Vet, added a new top of the line surgery suite, I suggested that he name it after our family. After all, we had paid for....lol

(am envious Gai, our Vet while nice is not Dr. Tall, Dark and Studly)

Glad Tink was okay---our oldest Lab is on glucosamine, too.
Old 06-27-2009, 06:28 AM
Power Poster

I'm just checking in...nothing happening though. That list is a long one! Looks like someone (me) is gonna get a lot of really great FQ'S!!! Star is gonna have to be really precise for me though...I don't have a lot of time on this one! :lol:
Old 06-27-2009, 08:58 AM

Thanks Joan and GaiGai...My Vet is a terrific older man....doesn't believe in tests if not absolutly nessesary...I drive about 1/2 hour to him, when I have a very good vet less than a mile from the house....I just love this guy! It is just him and his nurse, and his son when not at college, to be a vet. And yes, I can't tell you how often he will say" Oh, just $25.", but since I was there, she got her yearly shots and exam, and I won't need to go back for a while......HOPE HOPE HOPE :lol: By the way, I am up and doing things like cleaning up the kitchen after the dinner I never got to eat last nite, but Princess Tinkerbelle is snoring on my bed..... :?