Stars Foal Watch :)

Old 06-27-2009, 01:32 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Tink's Mom
Originally Posted by amma
Originally Posted by Tink's Mom
:lol: :roll: :lol: I just love catching up before I say something :lol: :lol: STar wan't to beat the mare poll, HUH?
Sorry I havent been here. I think I may have heat exaustion...again....So, I feel like #$@# today...would go back to bed, but the dog has to go to the vet... still limping...
Kay, Sorry to hear that Star is being a stinker! You didn't let her talk with Patches, Did YoU?
Susie, you take care of yourself!!!! We need you to be here with us for the big event :D :D :D I hope that Tink will be ok, let us know what the vet says, ok???
The VET says" That will be $150" Tink is fine, just a sprain...on glucosamine and rest :roll: Me, I'll be fine...it's now 3am and I just got home from taking the neighbor to the ER. She is a cancer patient and was severly dehydrated. I'm surprised they let her go home....
Glad it wasn't serious with Tink!! I can't believe they let your neighbor out either...so sorry to hear that she is going through this!!! :(
Old 06-27-2009, 01:34 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by gaigai
Poor Sue! Everyone should have a vet like mine. Dr. Tall Dark and Studly is wonderful and usually gives me a break on costs. Occasionally he has even treated without cost, and once when Mom couldn't get in to pick up some mess, he came by the house to drop them off. Of course I've just about paid for his son's college tuition. And the kid is only five. LOL

BTW the new kitty was in yesterday cause she is still congested. He told me that he wants to come back as one of my animals when he dies. Poor baby kitty, all of her claws are torn off at the nuns, and all her little paw pads are just big scabs. He said it looked like she had been thrown out of a car and or dragged. It's amazing that she's as loving and trusting as she is.

And Star is going to go late Saturday nite.
Oooo poor kitty!!! I wish we could find whoever it was who dumped her....I know just what they need :evil: :evil: :evil:

Star is going to foal July 2nd 8)
Old 06-27-2009, 01:38 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by kaykay
GM ladies!

Horses are one of the few animals that can sleep standing up as their stifles lock so they dont fall. But they will usually cock one leg off and on. Thats probably what you were seeing.

She was really wound up again around 1000 pm then settled down again. Poor thing is just really uncomfortable. Its supposed to start cooling off so hopefully she will be more comfortable.

We will be in the barn clipping all day again ughh. Have a visitor coming over too that wanted to meet Feature in person so that should be fun.
Thanks for explaing that Kay!!! Well....she only has 5 more days til she foals...plenty of time for clipping, primping, packing and figuring out how you are going to spend that BIG Purse 8) 8) 8)
Old 06-27-2009, 02:44 PM

Meadow is in the stall right now until I put star in later. This is features look alike daughter. Doesnt she look pretty all show clipped :) My back is killing me. 3 horses done 2 more to go!
Old 06-27-2009, 03:20 PM
Power Poster

She's gorgeous!!! :D :D :D Have you shown her before??When are you going to be breeding her??? Inquiring minds.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 06-27-2009, 03:21 PM
Power Poster

Kay, she does look very pretty! Are ya' all itchy now??? I used to turn the fan on us when clipping...it was much worse for the flying hair and itchyness, but much cooler on the groom :wink: I hadn't given it much thought, but I guess you do have to bend over and squat to do the minis and Shetlands. Hope you can recover a little bit before you do the other 2.
Old 06-27-2009, 03:38 PM

Oh Kay--I'd love a color pic of this girl. :D :wink:

Oh--I itch just thinking about all that clipping. Is there a show around the corner?

I need to talk about setting foals up--I want to start now so M and T can do it well. :wink: Their leading nicely!!
Old 06-27-2009, 04:23 PM

Im going to try and get pro pics at the show. Meadow showed when Getitia owned her then took a year off to have a foal for Getitia. We just had her bred last month to Getitias stallion King Lee so Im really excited for next year!

karla we are headed to the area 4 national show in Illinois on Thursday. Since I show mostly pintos I like to clip ahead so their color comes back in before they show. They are having 2 payback color classes and Im hoping to win both LOL. A girl can dream right??? Also dale will show in Futurity and hopefully win some money there.

I did have a fan going but I swear that little hair always goes down my bra. As soon as we were done for the night I took a shower.
Old 06-27-2009, 05:32 PM
Power Poster

Kay, has anything changed with Star???
Sounds like you need some advil and a good nights sleep after todays activities!! Can't wait to see the pics from the show!!! So we have to wait a whole year for Meadow's foal???? That's several foals to be excited over and looking forward too!!!
Old 06-27-2009, 08:15 PM
Power Poster

Glad ro see nothing has changed since last nite ! LOL