Stars Foal Watch :)

Old 06-29-2009, 11:18 PM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
I've heard of it, but haven't gone to one of those people.
I have to deal with the military docs.
Funny thing is...I've been complaining for years and all the stateside docs would send me to physical therapy. I complain here and I FINALLY get an MRI to see what's going on.
When do you get the results? Knowing what's causing it is half the battle. Maybe when you come to France I'll get her over to have a go at your feet - can't hurt! If nothing else, you get a great foot massage! :D
Old 06-29-2009, 11:21 PM

The results will be sent to Orthopedics and we will go from there.

That would be cool! I love foot massages!
Old 06-29-2009, 11:22 PM
k3n
Power Poster

I hope you get it sorted! She's also a beautician so you can have a facial, eyebrow pluck, leg wax etc at the same time - no, I'm NOT saying you NEED it! LOL OK - I'm off to work on the kaleido for the Japan Twist - too hot to go gardening!
Old 06-29-2009, 11:23 PM

Well,,,,I could use all that too! lol

Have fun sewing, I need to start dinner.
Old 06-30-2009, 02:47 AM
Banned

Good luck with the MRI results Terri. I fell several years ago, and injured my shoulder. I literally couldn't move my arm for a year. I didn't have insurance at thetime, but one of my patients at the time was an orthopedic surgeon who showed me some exercises to do. It took a little more than a year, but now I can use my arm almost normally. Had an MRI FINALLY last year that said I had completely torn my entire rotator cuff and ruptured my biceps tendon.

I consulted two different ortho guys, both of which I've worked with and love. The older one said have the surgery, or you'll have bad arthritis when you're older. The younger one, gave me a choice, but said that he could guarantee that after the surgery I would have much less function that I do now, and that any arthritis can be managed with local injections and other things. I asked him "If I were your sister, what would you advise?" and he told me "No surgery". I figure if a surgeon tells you you shouldn't have surgery, to go with that one. Plus, I would have to be off work for four months, and I can't afford to do that!

So good luck, and hopefully it will be something "easy".
Old 06-30-2009, 02:58 AM
Power Poster

Checking in and nothing....still to early for our Super Star!

Terri...hope you can get fixed up one way or another. Drs...ya' just can't figure them out.

Going to pick fresh blueberries this morning, then hopefully off to look at a couple of horses this afternoon, that is if it doesn't get toooo hot.

I'll check on our gal later. have a good day everyone. Kay, I guess its back to work for you today!
Old 06-30-2009, 03:11 AM

Terri I sure will be glad when you get to the bottom of that!

Star looks to have dropped a little more. Im just not sure if she will wait for me to get back from the show or not.

I will be finishing up clipping today. Forgot that I never finished Dales legs LOL. Not sure now if KC is going to make the show. She came down with a cold and I thought shed be over it by now but not so sure. Then we have to trim some hooves and start packing.

Rusty has a job interview today so if anyone could send some good vibes our way that would be wonderful. Im praying hard he gets this one!
Old 06-30-2009, 03:22 AM

Oh, I sure hope they can figure it out.
It's getting bad at times where my arm starts to go numb...and NO, it's NOT my heart!

WOOHOO!! GOOD LUCKY RUSTY! Maybe come in the stall and do a little jig for us for luck! ;);)

Kay, Star will wait...Patches did! lol
And yes, her belly does look a bit droopier
Old 06-30-2009, 04:20 AM
Power Poster

Sorry to hear about your shoulder Terri, hope they find out what's wrong and can fix it!
Kay, Star looks Enormous!!!

Old 06-30-2009, 04:23 AM
Banned

Good luck Rusty! Crossing fingers, lighting candles and saying prayers!!

Ok, the candle is sitting by the cat's litter boxes, but I did light it in your honor! LOL