Stars Foal Watch :)

Old 06-30-2009, 04:25 AM

LMAO!!!
I use Fabreeze.....better than a candle, but I do keep a candle going in the bathroom just to make it smell nice.
Now, if I could only get the cats to use "The Drops", then all would be wonderful!
Old 06-30-2009, 05:24 AM

Kay, don't you know that Star will WAIT until Mommy gets back
from the show? Watching Patches made me a believer!

Good luck, Rusty! Crossing my fingers and toes on your job
interview!

Terri--You know your stash is getting too heavy when you
start having shoulder problems. Anyone could have told
you that....... You just need to sew faster to widdle the pile
down.......lol Seriously, hope they can do something for your
shoulder....
Old 06-30-2009, 05:25 AM

Maybe I need to buy MORE, so I can balance out the bags in each hand. lol
Old 06-30-2009, 05:31 AM

I'm thinking that's Meadow in there again. Haven't seen this side of her. The markings on her back legs almost looks like zebra stripes :)
Old 06-30-2009, 05:33 AM
k3n
Power Poster

She's pretty! I love her two coloured mane!
Old 06-30-2009, 06:06 AM
Power Poster

She is pretty! Does she have 1 black stocking?
Old 06-30-2009, 06:45 AM

Terri, I was told the same thing as Gaigai about my shoulder by an orthopedist at the Mayo Clinic - and rehab is a 6 month process. :cry: :cry: I went to a friend who's a physical therapist, and she helped me out with some exercises to strengthen the OTHER muscles, and the rotator cuff doesn't bother me as much as it used to. I am careful to not lift anything more than 15-20 lbs, though. Not worth it. That was hard when the grandbabies were around.

If you do decide to have surgery, please, please, please be sure to have a complete pre-surgery physical to make sure you have no other lurking problems - especially chest xray, mammo, Pap, thorough blood work. A friend had the surgery, & less than 6 months later discovered she had lung cancer - doc had not done a chest xray before the rotator cuff surgery. She was so weak from her surgery and resultant rehab that the 2nd surgery nearly killed her - and she wasn't strong enough for chemo. She had an agonizing time that should not have happened, and we lost her.

I really hope you don't need surgery!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Try K3's massage's first .
Old 06-30-2009, 06:48 AM

My ortho appt is July 29th. That was the EARLIEST they could get me in.
I've gone to PTs for the past 15 yrs on and off, nothing helped. Will see what they say at this appt
Old 06-30-2009, 09:56 AM

Terri,
Before my shoulder surgery last April my doc had me do all the tests, chest x-ray, blood work, stress test etc. My left shoulder, which I had done last year, is much better now than it has been in years. I still don't have complete movement but I have far more than before the surgery. Recovery was long, I ended up with a staph/strep infection.
I am having problems with my righ one again. Had a 3rd cortizone shot yesterday, the 2nd in the AC Joint. I will see him in 3 weeks and then we'll schedule for an MRI. Personally I am not ready to go through surgery again. I had this shoulder done 6 years ago but am having more issues. For both shoulders I did 6 mos of therapy first, as well as the cortizone shots, it didn't work. It could just be arthritis in the joint, don't know. When I had both the right done the first time and the left last year I had been hurting for years. I couldn't even hold my 6 mo old neice and that was the kicker. I want to be able to hold my grands when I finally have some.
Hope you get some answers. Sorry you have to wait so long to get in. I have Tri-Care Prime and was seeing an off base dr when DH retired so I can get to to to an ortho in town.
Old 06-30-2009, 10:58 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
I've heard of it, but haven't gone to one of those people.
I have to deal with the military docs.
Funny thing is...I've been complaining for years and all the stateside docs would send me to physical therapy. I complain here and I FINALLY get an MRI to see what's going on.
I tore my rotator cuff a few years back, suffered through the pain, docs prescribed PT, pain pills, anti-immflammatories, xrays,for 5 years, finally had an MRI done and the tears were discovered. Had the surgery, and the docs and Physical Therapists said I had a 20 yr olds shoulder now, LMAO...told them they needed to fix up the rest of my body to match :lol: :lol: :lol:
If they do suggest surgery, the first week is brutal, then it gets better, stick to the PT and you will be amazed at how much pain free mobility you will have :wink: 8) 8) :wink:

I will say though, after reading back on some of the other's posts, my surgeon repaired the tears, and did extra work while in there, my surgery lasted almost 6 hours. I was told later by my doc and the PT's that she did a phenomenal job. My recovery time was less than anyone elses they had seen, and my range of mobility came back so quickly...part of that was from when they told me this " if you do not fully participate in PT here and at home, scar tissue can build up....the only way to rid you of that problem is to be put out and the surgeon manipulates the limb to "tear" the scarred tissue (or something close to that)" :shock: :shock: That was enough right there to make me be diligent and active with the PT and it really paid off for me. It has been just over 5 years since my surgery and I am still pain free, and have excellent mobility :wink: