Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • stupid thoughts for late at night... >
  • stupid thoughts for late at night...

• stupid thoughts for late at night...

Old 10-05-2011, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
    My thought is that I know 3 little girls who will want to change their names when they grow up. :-)
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Old 10-05-2011, 07:46 AM

The very worse one I heard of was a lady that needed service on her typewriter, and I asked for a name that the serviceman could ask for and she said her name was Urinal. I had to put her on hold and laugh, Seriously, what mama would do that!!!
    Old 10-05-2011, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by ptquilts

Also in my DH's family there were 3 generations of "John"s - when the 4th came along they started calling him John-John - I predicted it would not last beyond his first school days, I was right. He is back to being John.
    Friend from the old neighborhood had a son that they named after him, John, which for the little guy became John-John. To this day, this 6ft+ 250lb man is still called John-John by those who remember him as a little boy.

John-John's Grandfather was named Fred. He had a son that they named Fred Jr. aka Freddie and the father became known as "Old Man Fred". Freddie had a son who was named Fred III, and you got it, "Little Freddie"
    Old 10-05-2011, 07:54 AM

Post monsters are out today
    Old 10-05-2011, 08:06 AM

A friend has 2 daughters a month ago her oldest had a boy Bentley Jaug (jag) and the other is having a girl to be saddled with Sereinidy Lynn-Marie Lafferty. My DIL's name is Arrittia pronounced Aretta-( her mother could not spell) -waiting at the Dr. office for her turn- the nurse finally called her name and we just sat there she pronounced it A-ree- sha a 1/2hr later she went to see why it was taking so long and the nurse had her point out where she signed in and she said I called your name and you weren't here She now spells it Aretta
    Old 10-05-2011, 08:17 AM

Unfortunately, you can't make this stuff up.

In college I worked for a clinic that was part of the local health department.

One of my patients names was pronounced C'Phyllis spelled Syphilis.....

NEVER call Syphilis in and STD Clinic.
    Old 10-05-2011, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by nancy59
    The very worse one I heard of was a lady that needed service on her typewriter, and I asked for a name that the serviceman could ask for and she said her name was Urinal. I had to put her on hold and laugh, Seriously, what mama would do that!!!
    Unfortunately, the way some people pronounce "Yarina",which is a perfectly nice Russian name, ends up sounding fairly similar.
    I knew a lady who had triplet boys and she named them all "John" but in different languages: Ian, Ivan and Sean (her husband was "John").
    Old 10-05-2011, 08:23 AM

I had a friend named her son Nicholas Nicholson. And I totally agree with naming kids Tommy, Ricky, Bobby etc... cute when they are little, but can't imagine calling a 60 year old man Timmy.
    Old 10-05-2011, 08:23 AM
    Power Poster

My DH was named after an uncle Glen. One N it gets my DH upset if people spell it with 2 n's says Glenn is NOT his name!

DH insisted on nameing one of our boys after himself. so we have Glen Wayne (DH and Glen Wayne II. We called our son Little Glen the whole time he was growing up. He is now 6' 3" and had twin sons. When Devon was 3 I called his dad little Glen. Devon looked up and up and up at his dad and said "He doesn't look LITTLE to me!" LOL He is still little Glen to the family or GW

My DDs inlaws - FIL's father was Cleo Jewel and so FIL is Cleo Jewel II and one of their sons is Cleo Jewel III. FIL's dad was called Joe and FIL goes by Cleo and of course Cleo III is called Little Cleo tho he is 6 ft and overweight. It does cause some confusion when talking about them!
    Old 10-05-2011, 08:29 AM
    Power Poster

Two of my BILS are Danny Allen and Donnie Ray. Not Daniel and Donald but Danny and Donnie. My MIL has 9 kids and one son my DH was named after an uncle Glen and the one girl is GLenda. The rest are all D names It can get confusing! Danny Delbert Donnie David Dale Dennis Dougles. The dr spelled Doug's name with an e not an a so it has stayed that way.

And my son named his twins with Ds Devon and Daymon.

My aunt named hers all in J My aunt Janet and uncle Jerry have Jimmie Dean/ Jon / Julie / and twins Jerald and Jarren