Surgery Tomorrow

Old 05-07-2011, 01:57 PM

Thanks......& good luck with tooth probs. I had that done 3 mos ago & it went fine.I swear it's my age, seem to go from one thing to another.Complained to med asst about tummy & he said it's a virus...a "bug"nothing to do with the hip.Poor DH...he's not a young man & has been so great in taking care of me.Think I'm just tired of being tuckered out! :)

Originally Posted by violets4me123
God bless you and will be praying for you!

I will be having a tooth extracted ouch!!! next Tuesday the 10th of May. Please also keep me in your prayers. Thank you.
Old 05-07-2011, 01:58 PM

From your mouth to God's ears. Thanks for the prayers & pretty flowers.

Originally Posted by Airwick156
My prayers are with you too Patti. Hope you have a fast healing.
Old 05-07-2011, 01:59 PM

Prayers for you Pat....
Don't rush things and if you are able to do hand work inbetween therapy sessions do it :D
Old 05-07-2011, 03:05 PM

Don't know how I missed your post! I'm so sorry I haven't sent you best wishes before this, but please know there are prayers on the way from me.

Sorry you're having a hard time sleeping - sometimes I think the body heals faster if you can get some real rest. Have you asked your dr. about taking some Ambien if it doesn't interfere with your other meds? It just might help. I couldn't sleep well without it and I haven't had any surgery! Couldn't hurt to ask.

Hang in there and keep us posted on your progress. God bless.
Old 05-07-2011, 03:06 PM
Banned

Prayers & hugs on the way - hope all goes well tomorrow. :thumbup:
Old 05-07-2011, 03:12 PM

My brother in law had this surgery in March. He expects to be released from dr. next week. He has done so well from the 2nd day forward. Day of surgery legs were numb from the block so he couldn't walk. He sat in bed and visited with family. Unreal how wonderful this surgery can be.
Many prayers for speedy recovery & pain relief!!!
Old 05-07-2011, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by plainpat
Thanks all for your good thoughts & prayers.After returning home,had a lot of side effects, not feeling at all well.

Eventually found the only med I was still on was the culprit, a very high aspirin dose.After 3 wks of it, I'm not back 100%, but better every day.

Main problem now is trying to sleep at night.Nothing seems to help....just hoping it will get better with time.Thanks again.
I am 2 months ahead of you with my hip. My sleep problems didn't last much past the first month, so hopefully you will be getting better rest soon!!!!!
I spent a little time pulling weeds today. Only lasted about 20 minutes, but that is more than I could do the last couple of summers. By mid summer you and I should both be "tap dancing up and down the stairs". LOL

Patti
Old 05-08-2011, 04:25 AM

Hi,Carol...thanks for your prayers & good wishes.Have had probs sleeping for quite a while.Dr gave me what he calls the lightest tranq available & I cut that in 1/2.The whole pill takes part of the day to work out of me....& I hate that draggy feeling.
Oddly enough, they gave me Ambien in the hosp & it worked well.The surgeon doesn't give meds except for hip.....so would need to see reg Dr.Next mo is mammogram, so maybe 2 birds with one stone? I'm always surprised at the number of posters seen on any sleep problems thread.Thanks again.

Ambien.
Originally Posted by Carol's Quilts
Don't know how I missed your post! I'm so sorry I haven't sent you best wishes before this, but please know there are prayers on the way from me.

Sorry you're having a hard time sleeping - sometimes I think the body heals faster if you can get some real rest. Have you asked your dr. about taking some Ambien if it doesn't interfere with your other meds? It just might help. I couldn't sleep well without it and I haven't had any surgery! Couldn't hurt to ask.

Hang in there and keep us posted on your progress. God bless.
Old 05-08-2011, 01:28 PM

Hi Pat,

I don't like that draggy feeling that you get from tranquilizers, either. Ambien doesn't do that to me, in fact I take Ambien CR and don't feel groggy in the A.M. Of course, if you took it in the hospital, you probably know that.

I wouldn't wait another month to ask for it, though. I'd ask ASAP, but then again, I don't see a dr. when I go for a mammogram. I just go straight to the radiology center with the prescription the dr. mails to me. Maybe your procedures are a little different.

Anyway, hang in there, good luck with the Ambien and let us know how you are doing.

Carol
Old 05-13-2011, 12:20 PM

Dr said no to a diff sleeping pill.The last few days, have been very sleepy...& sleeping just a bit better.I'm 4wks past surgery & walking without aid in the house, using a cane when away.Have cooked a couple light meals,did laundry & a few light chores.
I'm aware of the hip,it's achy at times, but nothing I can't stand.Mine seems to act up more when trying to sleep. It relaxes & that seems to cause muscles to dance a bit.
All in all.... can't complain.Looking forward to seeing surgeon the 23rd & getting my freedom to drive,sleep on my side!!!!! :)That will be heavenly :)

Originally Posted by Carol's Quilts
Hi Pat,

I don't like that draggy feeling that you get from tranquilizers, either. Ambien doesn't do that to me, in fact I take Ambien CR and don't feel groggy in the A.M. Of course, if you took it in the hospital, you probably know that.

I wouldn't wait another month to ask for it, though. I'd ask ASAP, but then again, I don't see a dr. when I go for a mammogram. I just go straight to the radiology center with the prescription the dr. mails to me. Maybe your procedures are a little different.

Anyway, hang in there, good luck with the Ambien and let us know how you are doing.

Carol