Thankful for many of you

Old 08-01-2010, 10:57 AM

Just returned home from a 9 day trip (2,000 miles) to visit my parents and two siblings -- spent 5 days teaching my sister and SIL how to do scrapbooking. Now that I am home, I am ready to get started on my "Eat Out." I plan to eat down all of my stockpiled food like Susie0808 suggested. I'll be buying only milk and fresh veggies until the shelves and freezer are bare and there is more money in the bank. I wonder how long it will take -- only two of us humans in the house, but we have a lot of drop-in guests who are my hubbies college mates. Wish me luck!

Now I must get busy and read about everything I've missed on this board during my absence.

P.S. While I was in Florida, I bought 80 pounds of Pillsbury self-rising flour. I use it for biscuits, and it's not available where I live. We will definitely being eating lots of biscuits in near future.
Old 08-01-2010, 11:30 AM
Power Poster

We just spent a bit of money on the vacation of a lifetime. Took my sister and her family to Hawaii to fulfill her life dream of swimming with dolphins. Now that we are home again, we are refamiliarizing ourselves with the concept of a BUDGET again. I am planning to go through the pantry and use up what we have, supplementing veggies and perishables. Going out will be curtailed which is not a problem since I actually like to cook.

Pat is going back to dayshift after 18 months so we can live on love (his comment lol) for the first month or so.

My GF checks out the sales papers on Wednesday and picks her meals accordingly. Sounds like a good plan to me.
Old 08-01-2010, 11:37 AM

I always read the grocery sale adds each week. I don't buy anything that's not on sale. On sale & with a coupon is even better. Whoever has the most items I would use is where I shop that week. I love the receipts that show I saved more than I spent.

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
We just spent a bit of money on the vacation of a lifetime. Took my sister and her family to Hawaii to fulfill her life dream of swimming with dolphins. Now that we are home again, we are refamiliarizing ourselves with the concept of a BUDGET again. I am planning to go through the pantry and use up what we have, supplementing veggies and perishables. Going out will be curtailed which is not a problem since I actually like to cook.

Pat is going back to dayshift after 18 months so we can live on love (his comment lol) for the first month or so.

My GF checks out the sales papers on Wednesday and picks her meals accordingly. Sounds like a good plan to me.
Old 08-01-2010, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by MomtoBostonTerriers
Just returned home from a 9 day trip (2,000 miles) to visit my parents and two siblings -- spent 5 days teaching my sister and SIL how to do scrapbooking. Now that I am home, I am ready to get started on my "Eat Out." I plan to eat down all of my stockpiled food like Susie0808 suggested. I'll be buying only milk and fresh veggies until the shelves and freezer are bare and there is more money in the bank. I wonder how long it will take -- only two of us humans in the house, but we have a lot of drop-in guests who are my hubbies college mates. Wish me luck!

Now I must get busy and read about everything I've missed on this board during my absence.

P.S. While I was in Florida, I bought 80 pounds of Pillsbury self-rising flour. I use it for biscuits, and it's not available where I live. We will definitely being eating lots of biscuits in near future.
I'm glad you had a wonderful visit with your family! I like the sound of the biscuits! Delicious!! One other thing you could do since your going to have house guests is a crock pot if you have one. They are the best and a time saver too! I use mine all year round. real easy to use.

I just stocked my cabinets and freezer. Alot of chicken was on sale. I buy family pack and divide into dinner portions. That helps too. I will also buy chopped meat and divide that into sections. I make a meat sauce divide that up and freeze it. So I have multi uses for it.