Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Theorectically, Could YOU go on a buying fast? >
  • Theorectically, Could YOU go on a buying fast?

• Theorectically, Could YOU go on a buying fast?

Old 11-11-2010, 06:05 AM

My stash consists of 1/2 of a rubbermaid 30 gallon bin, so I dont have too much yet, but then again, I just started a couple of months ago. Right now I have no budget, but I definitely will have to watch myself when I do have one, so as not to overspend.
    Old 11-11-2010, 06:06 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by dasmith2
    My stash consists of 1/2 of a rubbermaid 30 gallon bin, so I dont have too much yet, but then again, I just started a couple of months ago. Right now I have no budget, but I definitely will have to watch myself when I do have one, so as not to overspend.
    Excellent idea - it is sooooooo easy to go overboard.
    Old 11-11-2010, 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by gollytwo
    Yes
    My son challenged me to not buy fabric for 6 months except for the Block of the Month ($6) I'd signed up for.
    I did it and in the week after the 6 mos I spent a fortune.
    Fast and Binge!! Know the feeling.
    Old 11-11-2010, 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by Ditter43
    I could if I was stranded on a remote,deserted island without a chance of a rescue! :lol: :P
    and then you would be weaving palm fibers!
    Old 11-11-2010, 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by The Creative Seamstress
    Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
    My name is...and I freely admit that I am a fabric junkie.

There, I've said it and I'm glad. I will never, ever buy another piece of fabric till I have sewed up every scrap that I have in this room, and the middle bedroom, and under the master bed, and in the closet in this room, and

Wait, the mailman just pushed a flyer from Joann's in the door and it has a 50 percent off coupon in it and where's my car keys and
    Darn! I had forgotten about the Veterans Day sale and I have a coupon too!

and..... I'm going with you! LOL. No seriously the Veteran's Day sale is going on right now....

;)
    Old 11-11-2010, 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by bearisgray
    Originally Posted by dasmith2
    Excellent idea - it is sooooooo easy to go overboard.

Well, when I started scrapbooking, I went way overboard,so I am trying very hard not to do the same thing with this hobby. But would I love to roll around in mounds of fabric, yes :lol: is it possible monetary wise, no. So, that is a good thing :D
    Old 11-11-2010, 06:32 AM

My DH passed away end of 2001. I started quilting Sept 2002. Now I am trying to sell my house in CA and am already in New Mexico (where I had both knees replaced Sept 1 this year). In eight years I have collected enough stash to require more bookcases and cabinets than I want to count. Stash invaded three bedrooms (I did sort of tone it down in the grandkids' room for their visits, but not much!) and a bookcase in the living room (where I sewed) filled up with quilting books and magazines. Now I have packed up most of that stash, but not all, (going back to finish up in January), and have started STASH in New Mexico. I have a friend at the quilt shop in ABQ who works on Mondays only, and usually have to stop and say Hi! Do you think I leave empty-handed? Ha! Almost made it out the door last Monday until I saw a drop-dead gorgeous batik and I had to have the full 9 yards left on the bolt! Well, I need enough for the backing too.
    Stash fast? No way. That would be like starving to death!
    Old 11-11-2010, 06:54 AM
    Power Poster

I know exactly what Redquilter means about the anxiety. I am in the process of de-stashing and I was so overwhelmed I got really nervous!
    But I know in my heart it won't stop me. I AM slowing down though.
    I really do need FA (Fabriholics Anonymous) LOL
    Old 11-11-2010, 06:56 AM

I was going to use up as much of my fabrics as possible before buying more. Quilter's Quarters has a sale buy 7 yds get seven free. I caved. :oops:
    Old 11-11-2010, 06:57 AM

I made it 2 weeks. But my purchase is a gift for my sister. She collects Angels. I have been looking for some fabric I saw several months ago online- missed the sale and figured, I'll just watch for it.

Well, it's on sale and I bought a panel for her, 1 for me and 1 for the Church. 3 wall hangings to do. Hers is most important.

So I fell "off the wagon" but I was looking for this since July, so I have a legitimate excuse. Now, back on the wagon. Need to go 1 day at a time. I hate being addicted, I feel like a lowlife. Maybe there's a clinic I can go to...