Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Are there any beauticians here? >
  • Are there any beauticians here?

• Are there any beauticians here?

Old 03-18-2011, 11:04 PM

You cracked up this POB (poor old bag)! I once, after having gone blond years before, decided to go back to my natural color with Nice n Easy. When I tried to rinse it out it was as if I had put glue in my hair, ended up having it cut really short. I don't know what went wrong.
    Old 03-19-2011, 10:22 AM

I want PICTURES!! LOL
    Old 03-20-2011, 04:42 AM

Originally Posted by rslindiana
    I want PICTURES!! LOL
    Ohhhh never. But its too late now anyway. I've been washing it with Dawn and even tried Head and Shoulders so it's already faded quite a bit. I'll try it again in April with more success hopefully!
    Old 03-20-2011, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by AlwaysQuilting
    Originally Posted by ido2much
    I'm a beautician and my first opinion is to see a professional! If you don't have experience with doing a bleach service and a tint back one you may have another problem in the making. The blonde area, depending on how light it is can get some very masty color casts by putting a too dark color over it without a filler. Again trying to bleach out or color remove the black can also give unwanted results. It has to be watched very closely or there can be damage to the hair. A demi color would be the best choice on the blonde..it is a deposit only and use one shade lighter than the desired results. But now maybe you have started a new trend..lol. JMHO
    I didn't bleach any.
    My hair is 90% grey with just some darker hair left at the nape.
    So all I did was put a temporary med brown and also a temp. lt. brown on, unfortunately in the wrong places.
    I've washed my bangs with Dawn today already. I'll do it again in the morning.
    I really appreciate everyone's suggestions.
    Did anybody say: It looks cute?!"
    "Or veddy vveddy posh?"
    Maybe it looks better than you think?
    Got a camera? Have somebody take a picture from the side?
    Old 03-20-2011, 04:51 PM

How many "COLOR GRABBERS" do you (I mean SHE !) have on hand ?????? *grin* I have always been ash brown/blonde. My daughter thot it was time to get rid of my S & P look a few years back! We bot a wash-away that was ash brown. WELL ! My hair turned a SOLID dk chocolate brown. I was "startled' EVERY MORNING as I got that first look in the mirror. Who IS that person???? I had to let it GROW OUT.... NEVER again will I color my hair. God gave it to me and I'll wear it proudly!!!
    Old 03-24-2011, 09:34 AM

Go to Sally's Beauty Supply and ask for cream developer, wash hair and dry with towel, put on cream developer and leave for 20 mins, wash with shampoo and towel dry.

Check to see if it is lighter, I put some on my hair once that turned it orange - worse than Lucy's - went down to Sally's and talked with person there and she recommended it. For three days I did this about every waking hour to finally get that stuff down to a shade I could handle.

We were in Calif visiting friends when I did this, picked up the box beside the color I really wanted....did not read the label again as I knew what I was doing.......good lesson? ALWAYS LOOK BEFORE YOU PUT IT ON YOUR HEAD!!! Even have pics of it, thank goodness only 2 people in the whole state knew me.

delma
    Old 03-24-2011, 09:43 AM

You can use vinegar or lemon juice mix with some baking soda to make a pasted. put this on your hair and rub it in then mix some of it with some shampoo. Shampoo your hair a couple of times this should help. Just be glad it wasn't perm. color.
    Yes I use to be a hairdresser.
    Old 03-24-2011, 09:57 AM

I'm not worried about it anymore. I've been using tips here and also washing it at least once a day sometimes twice and the color is probably 1/3 or 1/2 gone.
    Everyone says I look younger.....ha! But they've turned my head enough that I'll probably color it again in a couple weeks. Thanks to everyone who offered suggestions.
    You all are terrific.