Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • there are some real nice postmen out there just look >
  • there are some real nice postmen out there just look

• there are some real nice postmen out there just look

Old 02-11-2012, 09:09 PM

This one just melts me. I pray that if I'm ever in a position like this that I can respond with just half this grace and dignity. The Lord has a place for that postal worker and the postal worker knows it very well. God love em all!
    Old 02-11-2012, 09:24 PM

I could write a whole book about the kindnessess of the clerks and letter carriers performed throughout the United States each and every day--they are the "unsung heroes" of our country, truly. No one realizes how many times these sorts of things happen at the post office. I have never, ever worked with a bunch of kinder people than the mail handlers, clerks and letter carriers at the USPS. The "bad breaks" they receive are strictly media-created--and management created. If the US loses our postal service--due to mismanagement by those way out on "THE HILL"--then chances are there would never be a reply and a book for your daughter. I know the corporatacracy wants to completely take over the postal service, and has been trying for decades--but we quilters/sewers/artists are moms and dads and grandparents and aunts and uncles and friends and lovers too...we need out USPS with such dedicated employees to see our entries get to their destinations and our letters and cards are lovingly delivered. The postal workers take the delivery of the mails seriously, and when I worked for a time in investigating why some mails 'disappeared', we proved that 99% of the TIME IT IS CONTRACTORS (those who got contracts --which should have never been allowed to happen over 20 yrs ago) who do it, and do not care as much as your letter carrier. This is another example of the wonderful ways our citizens do random acts of kindness--with nary a thought as to reward or pats on the back, and I have never even posted here once, as I am sort of shy, but not when this subject arises, and thanks for making my day...makes tears come to my eyes...SUPPORT YOUR POSTAL SERVICE...if they get rid of it (i.e. steal it due to corporate greed) you will miss it, believe me...no more sacred mails...(and the us postal service DOES NOT GET SUPPORTED BY TAX DOLLARS, it is SELF-SUSTAINING, unless the polits take the retirement funds and lose it, as has happened NOW. WRITE YOUR CONGRESSMEN AND WOMEN!!