Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • There are some sick people roaming about >
  • There are some sick people roaming about

• There are some sick people roaming about

Old 12-12-2010, 11:34 AM
    Power Poster

I agree - it is awful to do something bad to a dog - just because it barks a lot.

However - I sure wish one could to something to the owners that allow it.

I can deal with a dog that barks for a minute or two and shuts up - yipping dogs that can go on for HOURS (no exaggeration) do get on my nerves - big time.
    Old 12-12-2010, 12:22 PM

in the days before caller ID, you could make a tape recording of the dogs barking, then call the owners up at 3AM and just play the tape for them...
    Old 12-12-2010, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Mimito2
    I agree! My Fawn Dobe< Tanner > "disappeared" because these "people" came to our farm to buy hay and had their female in heat on the back of the truck. My dog evidently "followed" her home and they knew where he belonged and their kids told my DGS that he was shot because he was trespassing! I had up posters and looks like they could have called and said he is here instead of what we were told happened to him. I have one thought for them KARMA!!!!!
    ------------------------------------------------------
    I hope that you NEVER, EVER sold any more hay to these people, even if you have to give a load to someone else who comes by at the same time!! And as for me, I'd pass the word around to other family and friends..someone who would do that have no concern for humans either.
    Old 12-12-2010, 12:37 PM

A dog, especially a german shepherd (& other traditional guard dogs), is only doing its job. However, No dog should be left outside to fend for itself. Dogs are pack animals. They want to be with their people. But poisoning an animal because its owner doesn't understand this principle is diabolical. There are other courses to take. My GS is an inside boy. But if he were left out one day, having him poisoned would feel like murder to me. He is a beloved member of our family. No one has that right. And if the outside dog has hurt or even threatened someone, then call the police.
    Old 12-12-2010, 02:53 PM

There is NO excuse for poisoning someones pet! If the dog barks turn the owners in. Where I came from if they came out 3 times and found the dog barking all three times they would take the dog away and issue a ticket. Yes this method does take time but it also allows the owner an opportunity to try to correct the situation.
    Hopefully your dogs will be ok.
    Old 12-12-2010, 03:53 PM
    Power Poster

I hope they find out who poisined the poord og...I think in my state its a felony. A guy around here just shot 2 cats and is facing 10 years. He said he got tired of them meowing at the door,because they were HUNGRY! Sick AND EVIL!
    Old 12-12-2010, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by Willa
    There is NO excuse for poisoning someones pet! If the dog barks turn the owners in. Where I came from if they came out 3 times and found the dog barking all three times they would take the dog away and issue a ticket. Yes this method does take time but it also allows the owner an opportunity to try to correct the situation.
    Hopefully your dogs will be ok.
    Here in our area, there is a no law for barking dogs. They can even run amok within city limits. A month or so ago, a group of 4-H kids were at the park near the library. A dog came over to them and attack their dogs and killed one of the kids dog. The Sheriff said he could do nothing since there was no law against not leashing your dog.
    Old 12-12-2010, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by amandasgramma
    I HATE hearing that. However, we have 2 dogs behind us that bark at the drop of a hat. We can't walk into the back yard unless they have them in the front...they bark when we would step out to get a log of wood to put on the fire!!!!! They don't just bark (as if saying hi) they bark and growl and carry on like they'd eat us alive. I HATE that.....and sometimes I've thought about poisoning them. Does no good to talk to the owners....the adults in the family will stand right there and let them. On the other hand, a neighbor has Hootch. Hootch should be named Mootch -- he goes around mootching food and yes, we all feed him. He only barks at the meter reader, because he knows the meter reader will give him a biscuit. If anything were to happen to him, I'd be so upset!

I agree on the bark collar would make for less tension in the neighborhood. Has your neighbor told the sheriff? I doubt they'll do anything, but it should be on record.
    I do not know if the Sheriff's office knows. We have a Deputy Sheriff as a neighbor. Our nosey neighbor across the cul de sac may have told him.

We built a 6 foot fence down both sides and across the front of the yard. This drastically reduced the noise our dogs made. They are even housed in pens with 5 foot wire fences.
    Old 12-12-2010, 09:38 PM

I feel your pain. It is ironic that I also had a German Shepherd who was poisoned by my neighbor in 2006. He was a barker. I tried several things to stop the barking. And poisoned my Lhaso Apso who survived the poisoning. Some people don't know the hurt they cause others.
    Old 12-13-2010, 12:00 AM

I am so sorry you lost your dog in that way - there is no excuse for that - sadly there are some very disturbed people out there