Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • There are some sick people roaming about >
  • There are some sick people roaming about

• There are some sick people roaming about

Old 12-13-2010, 03:19 AM

so sorry that happened. I have a barker. he barks at anyone who does not belong...and a few that do. He barks long and loud and sounds like he would eat you. He is a pyr and that is his job. While I would never trust him with a stranger he is wonderful with the family and close friends. I have caught my 5yo standing on him (stopped that real quick!). The kids regularly snuggle up with him in the floor and we've even caught him in bed with the 5yo a few times. We have registered sex offenders that live right up the road from us. Its a halfway house and they come and go. The last one was a peeping tom that got violent, the one before that had raped someone, several with offenses against children...and so on. So I like that my dog barks at everyone. He is inside at night in the kids rooms and you don't go in there unless he realizes who you are. I would hate to come up to my kids window to peep or anything else with him in there.....I doubt the window would hold him. And yes I would LOVE to move but it is not possible at this time.
    Old 12-13-2010, 12:11 PM

This makes me so sad and angry! Sick people like this have no idea of the pain they cause...or if they do, they just don't care.
    Old 12-13-2010, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk
    Originally Posted by Willa
    There is NO excuse for poisoning someones pet! If the dog barks turn the owners in. Where I came from if they came out 3 times and found the dog barking all three times they would take the dog away and issue a ticket. Yes this method does take time but it also allows the owner an opportunity to try to correct the situation.
    Hopefully your dogs will be ok.
    Here in our area, there is a no law for barking dogs. They can even run amok within city limits. A month or so ago, a group of 4-H kids were at the park near the library. A dog came over to them and attack their dogs and killed one of the kids dog. The Sheriff said he could do nothing since there was no law against not leashing your dog.
    Wow sorry to hear this! Glad none of the kids got hurt/killed!! Unfortunately sometimes that is what has to happen to open peoples eyes. Leash laws, in the places that have them, are meant to protect people and other dogs. Not meaning to be mean or funny but I could see people going "insane" , there where you are, from hearing a dog bark all the time. Guess I was fortunate 'cause both people and pets were protected. Thanks for "opening my eyes" Chasing Hawk!