And They Will Breed!!

Old 04-13-2010, 01:59 PM

OK, but I didn't get the impression some of the replies were jokes. Sorry if I misunderstood.
Old 04-13-2010, 02:17 PM
Power Poster

I didn't read the whole thing, answers were really out there.
Answers looked like someone trying to be funny. They were funny, but, from kids I've been around, I think they are lots smarter than this. Every generation has had no hope for kids, just that smarter than thou atitude
Old 04-13-2010, 02:38 PM
Power Poster

They get it from the movies. "Home Alone 2.....

Harry tells Marv they will get phony passports and go to a foriegn country.

Marv says: Arizona?
Old 04-13-2010, 02:59 PM

Like my sister, she'd post something like that... she just turned 17...

But a lot of whats going on with kids and education stems from the way the schools are wanting their teachers to teach...

When I was a freshman in English, we were given a vocabulary book that had lessons for each week. I looked at me teacher and said, "Mr. Blake, I had this vocabulary book in seventh grade." He asked if I had attended a private school, and I answered yes. He said that private schools are more advanced learning, and that he even thought that the vocabulary books belonged in a middle school classroom as opposed to a high school classroom... he said I should have no problem passing the vocabulary then. That was in my third year of freshman english... I was lazy ;) I would have passed the second time, but the teacher I had lost my report on Romeo and Juliet and claimed she "never found it" which I believe to be crap, especially since she made it clear she did not like me.

My teachers always asked why i didn't work, and how was I passing the tests with flying colors. I actually told my history teacher that I was bored and that the work was too easy and I didn't feel the need to study something I already knew. He said that even though he was sympathetic to my reasoning, that I should at least do the work and pass the class with an A. Especially since the test scores showed that I could, if I turned in my work.

The only class I had a very very hard time in was Math. Math is like Russian to me... I don't understand any of it...

If our school had had placement testing, things would have been different. I would have loved the opportunity to be in honors history or honors English. I could have skipped one of the classes I didn't even need too...

But I'm going to be in college so I'm happy.
Old 04-13-2010, 03:40 PM

I hear ya! Math screwed up my GPA badly, and I have another 2 classes of it next year.
Old 04-13-2010, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by Beth33
I hope you all realize this is just a joke, it's been floating around the internet for years.

But if it were true, instead of dumping on the kids, I'd question why teachers are making around 50K a year if they can't teach.
50K? I'm going to come teach in your district!!! That's incredible!! ;-)
Old 04-13-2010, 06:22 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

I think we all knew it was nice to go along with it. Last time I read it had different answers and wasn't as funny as this one was. After the day I had yesterday I needed a serious laugh. Thnx
Old 04-13-2010, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by jetnica
I hope you all realize this is just a joke, it's been floating around the internet for years.

But if it were true, instead of dumping on the kids, I'd question why teachers are making around 50K a year if they can't teach.
We have areas here where after 9 months of teaching you can be making up to 87,000. Depends on the school district you are in.
Old 04-13-2010, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Alu_Rathbone
Originally Posted by jetnica

We have areas here where after 9 months of teaching you can be making up to 87,000. Depends on the school district you are in.
OMG!!! I think that's more than someone in my district can make after 30 years with a doctorate degree +30 credit hours!! (sadly, while the original post is a joke, that statistic is the truth.)
Old 04-13-2010, 06:42 PM

I think it all depends on your area and your state. Like there is a town in Illinois that the lowest paid teachers are at about $28,000. But it's a small town.