Thumbs Up or Down?

Old 12-22-2010, 07:14 AM

Haven't watched it yet but plan to go to Alaska some day.
Old 12-22-2010, 07:31 AM

yup Alaska is a beautiful state. Very wild country there too. Lets face it there are things that can EAT YOU there so you would have to be careful.
Old 12-22-2010, 07:44 AM

She shouldnt even have her own show..
Old 12-22-2010, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by quilt3311
yup Alaska is a beautiful state. Very wild country there too. Lets face it there are things that can EAT YOU there so you would have to be careful.
I've eaten bear. Edie
Old 12-22-2010, 08:24 AM

I watched the first episode, but was not entertained enough to watch any more. I did see a brief video on my computer of Kate whatsername whining about everything; all her many children had a good time, though.
Old 12-22-2010, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by sandyo
Can't stand Sarah Palin so I do not watch it.
Ditto.
Old 12-22-2010, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by Hosta
her voice makes my skin crawl I cannot stand her!!!
Ditto here as well. I'd love to see beautiful scenes of Alaska, minus the grating voice. Guess I could put it on "mute".
Old 12-22-2010, 08:58 AM

I love the scenery! Have only seen the show once! I read her first book and LOVED it. Very informative. There are lots of things in politics that we can't even imagine !!!! She is a strong, honest and very religious person-unlike SOME people in office. I like her SPUNK !!! just remember about glass houses and casting stones.
Old 12-22-2010, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by Edie
Originally Posted by hospicenurse
I turned the channel after she and her daughter beat the fish to death with a bat.
They didn't beat the fish to death with a bat, they stunned it, which sometimes have to be done on a boat with large fish. They can swipe you a good one - very humane.

Personally, I like Sarah Palin. She is a good woman. I like what she stands for, politically or on the home front. She is a good mother (remembering that all of us are human and what we teach our children sometimes goes in one ear and out the other). I learned that from my mother. She loves her state as I love my state, Minnesota. She loves her family and she brings food to the table. In Alaska they bring food via hunting for it. I clean fish, pheasant, deer and bring it to our table too. I think I would really like her as a friend.

I also think that Kate is a spoiled rotten little brat! And I think it all started when she decided she could do anything. She does not have the mettle that Sarah has. I loved Jon and Kate and I don't think I will watch Kate plus Ei8ht anymore. But I sure will watch Sarah. She knows a lot about her state, she is a fantabulous representative for her state and any state would be proud to have her as a teacher, representative/senator/spokesperson/president, whatever she wants to be and thinks she could be to better our country. God knows it isn't doing too well as it is now! So I will continue to watch and enjoy Sarah Palin's Alaska.

With that said, I can't wait for the next episode. The scenery is gorgeous, the dialog is so humorous and so loving and just darn fun to watch. Edie
I agree with you and I guess we are the odd person out here. The photography in this show is awesome. I love Sarah and I love Alaska. I think she has done a great job sharing her state with us. And she did have Alaskans on her shows, like her husband's family and her own children. Not all Alaskans are Native Americans. We have been to Alaska and plan another trip in 2012.
Old 12-22-2010, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by quiltbuddy
Originally Posted by Hosta
her voice makes my skin crawl I cannot stand her!!!
Same here. My husband travels to Alaska on business. She isn't too well liked there either. He calls the family the Alaskan Kardashians (sp?) We need to stop watching her...she's getting rich on our stupidity. How many colleges did she attend to graduate?