Thumbs Up or Down?

Old 12-22-2010, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by borntoquilt
I love the scenery! Have only seen the show once! I read her first book and LOVED it. Very informative. There are lots of things in politics that we can't even imagine !!!! She is a strong, honest and very religious person-unlike SOME people in office. I like her SPUNK !!! just remember about glass houses and casting stones.

:thumbup:
Old 12-22-2010, 10:46 AM

Not interested in Sarah Palin or her family at all. Won't waste my time on her show or book.
Old 12-22-2010, 10:47 AM

I think we are harsher on female politicians than we are on male politicians. Had Sarah been a man, I doubt she would get as much criticism as she does. I admire her as a WOMAN, regardless of her voice or her political views.

I rarely hear men or women complaining about a man's voice, yet we attack a woman for something she CANNOT change. Women seem to be her worst critics.

Her show is not about politics. She is showing off her state and how beautiful it is. Because she is the most famous Alaskan right now, who better than to promote her state? I bet tourism in Alaska will skyrocket this next summer because of the show. My parents watch her show and are already planning a trip. Not because of Sarah, but because of the incredible beauty of the state that this show portrays.
Old 12-22-2010, 10:48 AM

thumbs down
Old 12-22-2010, 10:51 AM

I agree with leonajo, we don't have enough strong women in Alaska or any where else.
Kate can move on and out never really cared for her, but hey can't judge a woman with that many kids to keep in control or get ready to go some place. You have to be strong,pushy and organized. maybe just have to know where and when!
Old 12-22-2010, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by twistedstitcher
Originally Posted by dreamer2009
Originally Posted by Japonica
Honestly don't care to.
what she said.
Ditto.
Ditto.
Old 12-22-2010, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by MistyMarie
I think we are harsher on female politicians than we are on male politicians. Had Sarah been a man, I doubt she would get as much criticism as she does. I admire her as a WOMAN, regardless of her voice or her political views.

I rarely hear men or women complaining about a man's voice, yet we attack a woman for something she CANNOT change. Women seem to be her worst critics.

Her show is not about politics. She is showing off her state and how beautiful it is. Because she is the most famous Alaskan right now, who better than to promote her state? I bet tourism in Alaska will skyrocket this next summer because of the show. My parents watch her show and are already planning a trip. Not because of Sarah, but because of the incredible beauty of the state that this show portrays.
I think people are soft on Sarah because she's pretty. If she were old, wrinkled, and/or fat, nobody would have paid any attention to her, and John McCain would have chosen a different running mate. There are plenty of strong women in the world: Condoleezza Rice, Madelaine Albright, Sandra Day O'Connor, Hillary Clinton, Michelle Obama, Ruth Bader Ginsberg, to name only a few, and those are only the Americans. There are women heads of state all over the world, and I can guarantee you that none of them drag their children all over the place for their own selfish gain. Sarah Palin has only one reason for her fame and following: her looks. Without that, what is she? She's thin-skinned and petty as a high-schooler. Sorry. Not a fan.
Old 12-22-2010, 11:13 AM

I am surprised how political this is getting. Is this allowed on this forum? If so, I may quit because that is not why I joined.
Old 12-22-2010, 11:15 AM

Since we're headed to Alaska for 3-4 months in 2012, we've been watching it. I wish she'd show MORE of Alaska and less of her family. But, friends of ours that lived in Alaska are watching it and say this show is FINALLY showing what Alaska is really like. They like it -- so do we!!!!! :thumbup:
Old 12-22-2010, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Parrothead
I am surprised how political this is getting. Is this allowed on this forum? If so, I may quit because that is not why I joined.
OK, so lots of women don't like Sarah, but then again it looks like lots do. I enjoy seeing a family that likes the great outdoors, be it Alaska or another state. I doubt I well ever travel to Alaska, it's too cold for me, so I can see what families do there. I've seen the National Geographic shows but they are about the animals, not how Alaska fits into everyday Alaskan's lives. I suspect that a persons choice to live there has a lot to do with what we are seeing in these shows, the lifestyle of the great outdoors.