Thumbs Up or Down?

Old 12-23-2010, 04:20 AM

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh - we have been hearing from "the OTHER" side. Thank you so much for responding. Are women jealous of Sarah? It is amazing that so many either love her or hate her. She stirs up something from alot of us. I REALLY ENVY THE RELATIONSHIP SHE HAs with ALL of her family. When watching her show, I AM SO envious of her doing all of the wonderful outdoor sports. The cold would hurt my bones, it would be hard for me to breath, and just hiking in the snow would be so painful. To watch her, it makes me feel that I am doing that and it is FUN!
Old 12-23-2010, 08:03 AM
Dkm

Thumbs up. This is a wonderful way to show off Alaska. The land is beautiful and the people are so down to earth. Can't say I would live there....I'm a picky eater...probably would die from starvation. I have a friend that has children living there. She brings back some wonderful quilt patterns....HUMMMM...maybe a visit would be good.
Old 12-23-2010, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by Dkm
Thumbs up. This is a wonderful way to show off Alaska. The land is beautiful and the people are so down to earth. Can't say I would live there....I'm a picky eater...probably would die from starvation. I have a friend that has children living there. She brings back some wonderful quilt patterns....HUMMMM...maybe a visit would be good.
I have a nephew who lives in North Pole - have I got an "in" or what!!!!! Edie
Old 12-23-2010, 02:29 PM

I didn't watch the first few shows, but now that I started watching it I do enjoy it. I don't do any of the things she does as I am not an outside person, but I'm glad everyone is not just like me. How boring would that be. :thumbup:
Old 12-23-2010, 02:35 PM

I can't stand to look at her- sorry- and to have Kate and the kids on her show just made me cringe! :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
Old 12-23-2010, 02:52 PM

I missed the first couple of episodes of Palin's Alaska and can take it or leave it, but I have enjoyed the ones I've seen. While her voice may be irritating, I find her to be a refreshing change of politician for me. She appears to be devoted to her family, energetic, honest and willing to invite anyone into her life who cares to see it. Professional politics would probably look much different if all politicians were that open and honest. Don't know if she would get my vote, but I would at least know more of what I was getting with her.
Old 12-23-2010, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by luckylindy333
I can't stand to look at her- sorry- and to have Kate and the kids on her show just made me cringe! :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
I assume by your comment that the reason you can't stand to look at her is because you don't like her. I find that ironic considering this quote

A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water.
Eleanor Roosevelt

I think Sarah Palin has been put in hot water that other weaker women would break under.
Old 12-23-2010, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by bj
I only watched it the other night when she had Kate and her 8 on there. I was curious to see how the two strong-willed women would get along. I thought Kate was pretty rude when she whined the whole time and then left early. And she guilted her kids into leaving when they were having fun. I thought Palin did a good job in a bad situation and tried to make it fun for the kids. I think she truly loves her state and did a good job selling it. A lot of it wouldn't appeal to me any more than it did to Kate, but I think I could find my way to be a little more gracious than she did. Wonder if her show is still the little girl's favorite. She didn't seem too enamoured at the end there.
Kate is rude no mater where she goes or who she talks to. That lady (chock, chock) needs a lot of help and a lot less time on tv.I didn't watch it because of Kate.
Old 12-23-2010, 08:45 PM

I love Alaska and would have liked to have watched the show, but I can't stand her voice, so there was no way I could sit through it. Kind of a shame. I am sure the scenery was gorgeous!!
Old 12-23-2010, 08:49 PM

I love Sarah Palin and watching her show, I like her even more. In all fairness to her, she really isn't doing much "politics" on her show, she is truly showing what she loves about Alaska. I think the show is done well and in good taste, she is sticking to actually showing/teaching/and telling what Alaska is all about.