Tired of carping!

Old 09-25-2011, 04:04 AM
Power Poster

This has been a great thread to read, including the topic!
For me, and this is just me, the quilt board is my safe haven.
I agree there is so much going on in our country, world, that is frightening,negative, etc and when I come here I am so happy!!
Yes, I see negative posts at times, but as others said, maybe it's better to take out frustrations here than on husbands, kids, pets etc.
The moderators do a splendid job on preventing things from getting out of hand. But they also give us the space to whine or vent, which most of us need at times.
I don't belong to any other forum b/c this one has everything I want- the quilts, furkids, hugs, jokes, you name it- we have it.
Froggy, I totally get what you're saying but I also love the replies :)
I love you all!!! :D
Old 09-25-2011, 04:08 AM

Yes people complain on here but did you all ever stop to think that maybe there isn't anyone else in their lives they can talk to? In the old days around a quilt women talked about pretty much anything or so I have heard. We no longer have that today.
I have my dog to talk to so I do my complaining to him most times but its nice to get feedback from other women.
My health no longer lets me do much so volunteering has gone by the wayside I only have enough energy to do what I absolutely Have to do. I rarely see anyone anymore. Some days I don't even see my brother and I live in his house.
I read all about peoples new babies 2 and 4 legged their beautiful quilts and the things going on in their lives. I love it all. And I share the jokes too.
So like anything else it is all a matter of perspective. :-) Have a wonderful day. As will I if I ever dry out. LOL
Old 09-25-2011, 04:11 AM

Yep! your post made me think... I just won't tell you what I think.
Old 09-25-2011, 04:14 AM

Originally Posted by TxDiana
I'm so new at quilting I thought CARPING was a block ??? Now that's funny.. Anyway u look st it.
LOL
Old 09-25-2011, 04:15 AM

OMG Am I dumb or sumthin?? Froggy honey, you must have a reason for saying what you said, but I either missed something or I'm plain stupid because I try to read every single post on here (I have no life - not complainin, just sayin)and I know when I read different posts, I find myself thinkin, jeez I thought I was the only one who had those problems, or jeez what sweet people. I will tell you this, I have had a lot of very sad days since I lost my best friend (my Mother) and this board and members have given me the strength to keep going. I find myself laughing and crying with you guys, oooooing and aawwwwing over your beautiful projects, feeling so much kindness when someone shares a tutorial or a "secret hint". I start and end my days with this board and my biggest carp (who knew) is when I've read everything and have to close my computer. I'm definitely not a religions person but I thank God every day that somehow I stumbled on this board. Thanks to everybody for makin me feel part of this family and the moderators, you're awesome!!! I could go on and on because this board is so dear to my heart, but then you guys might shoot me :) Wendy
Old 09-25-2011, 04:16 AM

OMG Am I dumb or sumthin?? Froggy honey, you must have a reason for saying what you said, but I either missed something or I'm plain stupid because I try to read every single post on here (I have no life - not complainin, just sayin)and I know when I read different posts, I find myself thinkin, jeez I thought I was the only one who had those problems, or jeez what sweet people. I will tell you this, I have had a lot of very sad days since I lost my best friend (my Mother) and this board and members have given me the strength to keep going. I find myself laughing and crying with you guys, oooooing and aawwwwing over your beautiful projects, feeling so much kindness when someone shares a tutorial or a "secret hint". I start and end my days with this board and my biggest carp (who knew) is when I've read everything and have to close my computer. I'm definitely not a religions person but I thank God every day that somehow I stumbled on this board. Thanks to everybody for makin me feel part of this family and the moderators, you're awesome!!! I could go on and on because this board is so dear to my heart, but then you guys might shoot me :) Wendy
Old 09-25-2011, 04:18 AM

Old 09-25-2011, 04:19 AM
Banned

Living alone at 77, this is my 'second family'. It's where I come FIRST THING EACH AM & have my morning coffee w/friends I have something in common with - a love of quilting. It's where I come to get at least one ROFL or at least a chuckle every day.

It's where I come to share the loss of a loved one & sympathize w/others who have a great loss or burden on their heart that others help lift them up from .

It's where I know I will find at least one great tip for the day & view beautiful creations from people who REALLY CARE.

It's where I receive another beautiful blessing each day.

Hope each of you have a blessed day & all your quilts are filled w/love. :lol:
Old 09-25-2011, 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by FroggyinTexas
We are living in a frustrating time. Jobs are scarce, money is scarce, we are all getting older even if we are only three months old now, most of us have an ache or a pain in the morning and maybe still at night. Some of us have children or grandchildren who are in the thick of one of the two wars we are engaged in. Lots of people are nearly overwhelmed. They need to be lifted up, not shoved down.

I would like, at least once, to log into this board, and find someone singing someone's praises--the employee at JoAnn's who helped you find just the right shade of blue, the clerk at WalMart who told you when the next shipment of cantalopes would be in, the owner of the LQS who spent time coordinating your fabrics for a baby quilt.

Instead, there seems to be this constant need to complain about husband, boyfriend, mother, daughter, the clerk at JoAnn's or WalMart or at the LQS and there seems also to be a constant need to be right/correct about every definition of every quilting term no matter whether there is a widely accepted defintion.

Could we all just get over it and try to be happier about having the means and the opportunity to be creative? froggyintexas
There is an easy solution to the complaining....don't read it. We live in a free country. If we don't like something we are free to do something about it. Personally, if I suspect a post is about complaining, I don't read it. I am an upbeat person and try to live an upbeat life. So I won't read any more posts on this topic.
Old 09-25-2011, 04:26 AM

Originally Posted by SherriB
I thought it would be a post about carp fishing!!!! LOL!! DH likes fishing.
OK Sherrie I didn't want to admit it at first but since you brought it up....LOLOL......I thought carping had something to do with that Alabama Hand Fishing thing I saw on TV.....I've been a city girl ALL my left, I've only been fishing once, caught a sun fish the size of the palm of my hand but I was watching Television a few weeks ago, (I work nights and when I'm off, I'm usually up all night anyhow, so I watch alot of television at night while I'm working on my hand stitched quilt top). I was flipping channels and stumbled across a program where people in, I think it was, Alabama, and they would go into the river, creek, lake, whatever, and from what I could understand, swirl around in the mud in the bottom of the water and somehow get a big carp or catfish, I can't remember what kind of fish they were catching, to bite their hands and then they somehow managed to pull the fish out of the water, those fishes were huge, I mean HUGE! ! ! ...OMG, I was stunned, first, I couldn't imagine having my hand in any fishes mouth and then to pull it out of the water and have to touch it with the other hand .... Ekeeeekekek ...The closest I ever come to fish is buying Tilapia at the grocery store, lolol....So, yep, I was wondering what carping was myself...LOL Maybe the lady who wrote that can explain......