Tired and sad

Old 12-16-2011, 09:03 PM
Banned

well good for you on finishing,, but why stop???....make a small kit up for a lap quilt, or just some blocks you want to try using up scraps with...and then at the end of the day, when you need to unwind..just GO SEW....I have found that string piecing on dryer sheets or ugly fabric cut into 16" squares(or smaller if need be) is great mindless sewing made just for times like this!
Old 12-16-2011, 09:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by deedum
Yes, I have a list on excel of my Christmas ideas and projects for next year. Plan on starting on them right after Christmas so I can get started while I am in the season. This year I have made several of my gifts and it sure saved on spending money this time of year and time shopping. It was wonderful. It has encouraged me to try to make more items for next year.
I plan to make my daughter in-laws, purses and totes. My son a fishing quilt, my boss a fishing/cabin quilt. Embrodiery some kitchen towels. I want to stock up on the towels.Trivets,and 10 minute runners, etc. My goal is to have gifts available at a moment's notice. I might be dreaming, but that is my goal.
well,,,I have to say that I just LOVE your goal...I think it is doable for most of us if you stay off the forums long enough..hehehe

UFO's and gifts are my ONLY goals this year....
Old 12-16-2011, 10:35 PM

One of my new year's goals is to clean my sewing-craft room as if I had to move cross country.(will have one heck of a craft yard sale in the spring!) That I will start after all the Holiday company leaves. My other goal is to only make quilts from my stash. I have several kits (6-10) I have put together by picking up a bit here and a bit there. They need to get done!I also need to get caught up on my UFO's I haven't a clue how many,I have so many bins around! they are always in the way and I'm having to move them all the time. some full of UFO's, fabric, craft supplies, Some I have no Idea whats in them!
Old 12-17-2011, 03:59 AM

I have lots of UFOs to finish in 2012.
Old 12-17-2011, 04:14 AM

I keep my UFOs on a list. As I finish them, I cross them off. Crossing them off the list gives me a feeling of accomplishment and it doesn't seem so overwhelming.
Old 12-17-2011, 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by Tartan
I saw on www.sewmanyways.com this week that she has a half tree that hangs on her door. She was decorating it with sewing items. Might be an idea for next year if you can find the half tree at your Walmart after Christmas sale.
I have 2 of those. I don't have alot of floor space. My one tree has lights and ornaments. I used to use them when I had my business.
Old 12-17-2011, 04:29 AM

Still hoping to finish UFOs. (Bad girl, Joy)
Old 12-17-2011, 04:47 AM

Oh yeah! I have a commision for two landscapes to act as fireplace screens. I'm looking forward to working on them when I'm not EATING yummy Christmas goodies.
MaryKatherine
Old 12-17-2011, 05:00 AM

The next few weeks will fly by before you know it and you will be sewing once again...enjoy your company and make a list of the things you want to start on...Merry Christmas everyone and have a safe and Happy New Year..
Old 12-17-2011, 05:46 AM

Silly me. Decided to make each of my grand kid a pet neck wrap. 8 of them. Just last week.needless to say, I cannot walk throughthe house without dodging a dog, cat, monkey or lion. I do this every year.this year I didn't put a tree up, instead, I made a christmas tree wallhanging. Fills my big window when hung on the curtain rod.every one loveday and it doesn't take uphalf the room like the tree used to.I'm gonna post pictures when I figure out how.