Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Totally off the topic of Quilting >
  • Totally off the topic of Quilting

• Totally off the topic of Quilting

Old 01-01-2012, 05:41 PM

Maybe you can trade a quilt for the use of the trailer. I hope things work out for you. Have you checked all the local ads? Maybe someone knows a recent widow or widower that hasn't even started thinking of selling their rig.

Last edited by Lynnc; 01-01-2012 at 05:43 PM.
    Old 01-02-2012, 12:19 PM
    Fabriclovr

Originally Posted by athomenow
    This seems odd that they would hire people and then require you to get your own living quarters onsite. Wonder how many people they go through trying to find someone that can make this work. Sorry I don't have any good news for you on an RV but they are very expensive to rent. Don't see how you could make any money doing that.
    The job has several other requirements as well. I would be driving one of the shuttle buses. This requires that you have a min of 3 years behind the wheel of a bus, a current CDL with additional certifications, first aid, life saving and AED certifications, just to name a few and there are more. The pay is in the mid $20's/hour, so them requesting that you have your own housing is not out of line. It is a national parks position, a government contract.. The waiting line to get in is very long and they never have problems filling the positions. At this point, I have kinda given up looking for a motor home or trailer, its just not gona happen, so I will stay put driving a school bus

Old 01-02-2012, 12:48 PM
    Power Poster

Have you contacted the GC to see if they have any suggestions or can offer any help ? Do they have an area that all the employees stay in - like a park that you can contact to see if they have any leads ?
    Old 01-02-2012, 01:39 PM

Since you can drive a bus, do you know where you could get a used one and camp hippie-style? Rip out most of those seats, load up a bed and get some camper gear ( heating/cooking stuff). If the camp ground has shower/toilet facilities and water/ electric hook-ups, you're ready to go. What an opportunity. Hope you make it!!!
    Old 01-02-2012, 02:56 PM
    Fabriclovr

Originally Posted by Greenheron
    Since you can drive a bus, do you know where you could get a used one and camp hippie-style? Rip out most of those seats, load up a bed and get some camper gear ( heating/cooking stuff). If the camp ground has shower/toilet facilities and water/ electric hook-ups, you're ready to go. What an opportunity. Hope you make it!!!

Oh don't you think I have thought about that one! LOL I would be a blast to live in an old school bus, but lots of work to achieve this and more money than I wanted to spend.. I did think of this one right away and so did my friends at the bus yard LOL

Oh and yes, I do know where to find them used

Old 01-02-2012, 03:00 PM
    Fabriclovr

Originally Posted by sharon b
    Have you contacted the GC to see if they have any suggestions or can offer any help ? Do they have an area that all the employees stay in - like a park that you can contact to see if they have any leads ?
    Yes, all the employees stay in a large rv park that is employees on one end and the general public on the other. I have a friend that worked up there last season and had him asking around before the season ended and he did not find anyone that could help me. No, I can't stay with him.. long story, would be a very uncomfortable situation, his wife is on the 'crazy jealous side' so it is a no go with that one as well.