Tupperware Woes...

Old 09-21-2024, 06:43 AM
Power Poster

I have a set of three nesting Corningware bowls, deep red outside and ivory color inside The largest is big enough for bread dough to rise. I found them at an estate sale a long time ago. They are thick and heavy with rolled edges. My favorite bowls.
Old 09-21-2024, 10:27 AM

I still have some of the first Tupperware I bought - it's nearly 50 years old now. Measuring cups, lettuce storage, canisters. Only a couple of storage containers. I keep an onion, cut in half, in one of them. It never ever, allows the smell of onion to escape and stink up the rest of the refrigerator.

I don't heat anything up in plastic. Now, if only I could convince DH to follow that rule.
Old 09-21-2024, 11:41 AM
Power Poster

Now, if only I could convince DH to follow that rule.

. My husband will heat up breakfast sandwiches in the plastic wrapper. I told him you are eating it not me so do as you please.
Old 09-21-2024, 11:53 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by RedGarnet222
I hate to be the one to tell you. Corning ware is off the charts expensive in the harvest pattern. I have three casserole type ones that are worth in the neighborhood of $3,000.00. Why? I have no idea. Check out E Bay. I did not pay that, got them years ago.
Wow... when did that happen? One dish I saw was going for $20,000! When I see that I wonder if it's some kind of human traffiking going on, behind those prices. Or money laundering... who knows these days.
Old 09-21-2024, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by Onebyone
I went to grocery store and stopped at GW today to check on the corningware. The two dishes were still there. I bought both and got them marked down too. $8 each.

these are Spice of Life patterns and stamped.
Love love, love!!!
Old 09-21-2024, 02:33 PM

Very lovely hearing from you all and reading your experiences with and ownership of!

I use the large green one of mine for popcorn, and when venturing out on an outing to the beach the same bowl serves as my go-to potato salad bowl!

Last edited by Endora; 09-21-2024 at 02:46 PM.
Old 09-21-2024, 02:52 PM
Administrator

i haven't checked my tupperware "inventory" in ages but i'm sure all of it is at least 40 years old. [wow! i suddenly felt really, really, really old myself. lol?]

i might be wrong but i think the collectible corningware is from the items made here, in corning, ny. once they moved production overseas it lost its mystic. like the two grades of pyrex and genuine fiesta ware vs. new stuff. i think.
Old 09-21-2024, 02:56 PM
Power Poster

I wouldn’t be without my Tupperware pie stackers! I love those things. My Tupperware rolling pin is still holding on but I don’t know for how much longer. I love my Tupperware salt and pepper with the locking lids for travel.
Old 09-21-2024, 08:12 PM

I still have my yellow Tupperware canisters, but alas, they have been demoted to the garage for DH to store nuts, screws, bits, and bobs of whatever he has that needs saving! I have my two meat marineders, two gravy mixers, and all sorts of orange peelers, veggie scrapers etc. Still using all my Cornflower Corningware that I got when we got married in 1975. Large and medium casseroles, smaller dishes too. Anyone else have the one that you attached a black handle to in order to put in the oven? Don't know what happened to that!
Old 09-22-2024, 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by Quiltwoman44
my corning ware is just over fifty years old! still have the glass and plastic lids.
Love it!!!