US mail grrrrrrrrrr

Old 09-27-2011, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Crafty1
Are you sure it's USPS and not UPS? post office does not use "out for delivery" in the tracking info. It would say "arrival at unit" then "delivered". My dbf is a carrier and when he scans the packages is does not read out for delivery.
I just checked a package that came today...USPS(post office)...then I checked the ebay site...mine did say Out for Delivery, then Delivered...
Old 09-27-2011, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by New Quilter
Are you sure it's USPS and not UPS? post office does not use "out for delivery" in the tracking info. It would say "arrival at unit" then "delivered". My dbf is a carrier and when he scans the packages is does not read out for delivery.
I just checked a package that came today...USPS(post office)...then I checked the ebay site...mine did say Out for Delivery, then Delivered...
Hmmmm.... I guess my dbf & I are wrong! Not perfect sorry! Then again I have vision loss so I can't read every line correctly :( I have no excuse for him though lol
Old 09-27-2011, 01:54 PM

they use it all the time in my tracking info.
Old 09-27-2011, 02:40 PM

Maybe its actually UPS not USPS?
Old 09-28-2011, 05:03 AM

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-LAX!!!
Old 09-28-2011, 05:35 AM

Some things you may not know:

-The U.S. handles 90% of the world's mail.
-Sometimes when mail carriers call in sick, the supervisor splits their route up and the other carriers each deliver
part of the route after they finish their own route. So you might get your mail early and someone else on your street might get their mail late in the day.
-Some USPS parcels start out as a bulk shipment from FedEx, UPS, or another private company. They collect enough for a shipment and then drop it in the mail for delivery. Often they e-mail you the package number before the item is even shipped.
-Some of the posts about the USPS are totally valid, but sometimes there is a good reason for why something happened. The Postal Service is obligated to deliver to every address- even the rural ones way out in the country where FedEx won't go. They deliver to our military, ships, and remote posts around the world.
Old 09-28-2011, 05:41 AM

I ordered a simple computer game for my son a few weeks back. I chose an in state seller because I thought it would get here faster. It took TEN BUSINESS days for the item to arrive. TEN BUSINESS days! The seller was 75 miles away. I could have walked there and back several times.
Old 09-28-2011, 05:44 AM

A few months ago, we sent a package to Pa.; my brother didn't get it, didn't get it and didn't get it. We tracked it and it was "sitting" in a po in another city.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:18 AM

Location: Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)

Originally Posted by Ladyjanedoe
I ordered a simple computer game for my son a few weeks back. I chose an in state seller because I thought it would get here faster. It took TEN BUSINESS days for the item to arrive. TEN BUSINESS days! The seller was 75 miles away. I could have walked there and back several times.
That seller may well use SmartPost, which is an alliance between FedEx and USPS. The way it works is that FedEx picks up the package and transports it to the destination Post Office using FedEx's own network of trucks. Then the Post Office delivers it the last mile on its local routes.

This is supposedly a little less expensive for the sender than having it go FedEx all the way. Our FedEx sales rep was trying to talk us into using this service, but... your post illustrates perfectly that what the CUSTOMER wants is faster delivery. SmartPost takes longer than regular FedEx ground and is a LOT slower than USPS Priority Mail (which is our preferred shipping method as it is fast and usually quite accurate). We've chosen to stay with USPS. It gives us and our customers "more bang for the buck".
Old 09-28-2011, 06:49 AM

We will get no mail for days then it comes all at once. I know they are holding it. Really is frustrating.