Useless Trip!

Old 09-30-2011, 06:45 PM
Power Poster

It is usually the same for me or older fabric that is so so quality. often I am better off to look at Walmart or buy fabric off the baord here. I fyou figure the time and gas spend it is not worth it to go to all those garage sales and reslae stores. often i end up spending money on stuff I did not intent to get.
Old 09-30-2011, 06:52 PM

I did go out again today to an estate sale and a couple of garage sales. The estate sale didn't have any fabric and everything was priced a little too high. I'm going back tomorrow at noon when it all goes to 50% off. Maybe some of the sheets will still be there but there wasn't any fabric. Big zip for the garage sales! I will keep trying though. The hunt is fun sometimes too.
Old 10-01-2011, 03:29 PM

Savers is just like goodwill or salvation army stores.
Old 10-01-2011, 06:53 PM

I often find fabric yardage hung up with the sheets and such. I doubt that the GW workers know the difference. I see more clothing than anything, its over priced.
As for machines that come in they are put in the auction section of the store or in the online auctions.
Old 10-02-2011, 08:46 PM

It makes me squirm to think that when we moved to Alaska 13 years ago, I sold several bags of my late mom's fabrics. She never quilted, and they were probably of mixed fabric contents, but still! I had barely begun to learn to sew at the time and was only attempting some easy clothes for my little girls. Now I really understand why the lady who bought them seemed so pleased with her find. Ah, well. Live and learn! It would be so nice to have some of my mother's fabrics in my stash, though.
Old 10-02-2011, 11:05 PM
Banned

Oh do not get discouraged!!!! There has to be other thrift stores that are off the beaten path that are located in your town. I know here the Goodwills are not good fodder but there are several ones here that are! Plus it was just the one trip sometimes it takes a few but when you score you really score big. Find out what days are the mark down days and the tag sales. I have a store here that I go to that everyday a different tag color is 50% off for that day and if I bring my mom that is another 15% off of that!

Just do not give up and I promise you will hit it big the next time out!!!!

Billy