UTI -- a private talk

Old 11-23-2010, 12:00 AM

Glad you found out what was going on!

Too bad they don't have home test kits for these. Sounds like it would save the medical community a lot of money in unnecessary tests! And not to mention all the heartache it would save for those who suffer with recurring UTI's.
Old 11-23-2010, 05:11 AM

Wow, I am so glad that I read this... A couple of weeks ago, I thought I had a kidney infection but did not have all the symptoms. But I do have the on going back pain that is different than the back pain I had. Will have to check it out. Hope you feel better and relieved that it is not cancer.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:26 AM

Glad you found the problem/ I am so blessed to have a doctor that listens to me.
Old 11-23-2010, 09:05 AM

Glad you finally tracked it down. Feeling lousy is no fun. Hope you recover quickly with the right meds.
Old 11-23-2010, 09:45 AM

I have a friend who went through a similar problem. Unfortunately the unaddressed UTI went on so long that it ended up affecting one of her kidneys and she lost it.

If anything unusual goes on for a period of time 4+ weeks, see a dr.

Glad you are okay.
Old 11-23-2010, 10:59 AM

I think it is a good idea to post things like this. We are all getting older and wonder if a pain means something serious. I am glad to hear that you got diagnosed and you can take something to clear it up. I would not have thought of this but will sure pay attention to my body more. Thanks for the post! Jan
Old 11-23-2010, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by mzsooz

Too bad they don't have home test kits for these. Sounds like it would save the medical community a lot of money in unnecessary tests! And not to mention all the heartache it would save for those who suffer with recurring UTI's.
They do have a home test for it. I stumbled on it at Walmart. I think it was with the over the counter pills for relief of pain from UTI, called AZO.
Old 11-23-2010, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by kjdavis4
Originally Posted by mzsooz

They do have a home test for it. I stumbled on it at Walmart. I think it was with the over the counter pills for relief of pain from UTI, called AZO.
That's good to know! I'll get one next time I'm in town --- just in case.
Old 11-23-2010, 02:09 PM

Hope you are feeling better now
Old 11-23-2010, 02:39 PM

My Public Service Announcement:

Unbeknownst to most of us, the #2 cause of bladder cancer is chronic, reoccuring UTI's(#1 being smoking). I only found this out 3 years ago when my mother was diagnosed with stage 4 bladder cancer after many years of UTI's and more recently, a low-grade UTI that CIPRO wasn't getting rid of, and "back aches" & "hip joint aches". Which turned out to be a kidney in agony because the cancer in the bladder was blocking off the ureta to the kidney. Unfortunately, we lost my dear mother only 3 months later.

So, please, keep this in mind and if you have a history of reoccuring, frequent or chronic UTI's see a urologist & get checked.

Thanks for "listening" to my PSA.