Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • A Visit to a Public Restrom or Why Women go to the Restroom in Pairs >
  • A Visit to a Public Restrom or Why Women go to the Restroom in Pairs

• A Visit to a Public Restrom or Why Women go to the Restroom in Pairs

Old 02-21-2011, 10:34 AM

OH ya been there done that one with gusto ROFLMBO
    Old 02-21-2011, 12:05 PM

LOL - that was just too funny and it brings back memories and oh, never mind.
    Old 02-21-2011, 12:30 PM

While living in Germany (Air Force), we took a trip to Paris. Stopped at a roadside rest area - all they had was a hole in the floor! Had to assume "the stance". Also, in Paris, they have porta-potties (a little nicer than ours) on the streets. They are on a timer (you have to pay) and when the timer goes off = the door flies open! Better act quickly!
    Old 02-21-2011, 12:39 PM

I have had the same kind of experience. We were on a ferry and the restroom was off the walkway that everyone has to use to get into the ferry. There I am sitting with my pants around my ankles and this man walks in. I yell really loud because I was startled. The head of everyone waiting in the line turns towards me. Well, I had no secrets that day. I slunk out of the rest room and refused to leave my seat the entire trip. My DD was laughing so hard she could barely breathe. Rotten kid.LOL note to self: check to make sure the lock works.
    Old 02-21-2011, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by grandma sue
    While living in Germany (Air Force), we took a trip to Paris. Stopped at a roadside rest area - all they had was a hole in the floor! Had to assume "the stance". Also, in Paris, they have porta-potties (a little nicer than ours) on the streets. They are on a timer (you have to pay) and when the timer goes off = the door flies open! Better act quickly!
    Anotaher reason to travel with a buddy! Didn't know about the timers and Paris is on my bucket list!
    Old 02-21-2011, 01:18 PM

I could have used that friend the time I was in such a rush at the train station that I left my backpack on....and didn't it get snagged on the plumbing at the back (no tank) and I couldn't get up, couldn't get it off. Now what? Can't get my pants up, can't reach the door....what are the chances someone will help if I say I need help in here?? Not likely. Then of course I start to giggle because it's so silly...and the more I think about NOW what are the chances anyone is going to help me, the harder I giggle. Anyone left outside that stall by the time I finally managed to wiggle out of the backpack, get dressed without it falling in the bowl, get it free, flush and leave must have thought I was totally insane. I was still giggling my head off when I left!
    Old 02-21-2011, 01:19 PM

Timers yet! Oh nooooo..... LOLOL

Originally Posted by grandma sue
    Old 02-21-2011, 01:26 PM

Oh my, they have changed. We lived in Turkey (southern on the Med) and moved to Germany in the early 70's and invited my mom to come along and help with my newborn, and the funniest thing. She collected toilet paper from every where we had to stop. In Turkey there wasn't any paper except at some real high class places in and around Istanbul, but once we got into Europe, they had what we would call crepe paper, in all colors and patterns. it was one strange collection, that she still has and shows people to this day.
    Old 02-21-2011, 02:07 PM

We just got back from a months sojourn in the orient. In many of the places they distinguished between "western toilets" & theirs-but sometimes they had only "theirs". This consisted of a stall with what looked like an oval porcelin urinal laid flat on the floor. There was a basket beside it to throw out any toilet paper. You just squatted! Some smelled, while others were fine. A VERY different experience but if you gotta go, you gotta go!
    Old 02-21-2011, 02:52 PM

Now that I've laughed so hard that I really have to go, hope no little gremlins used up the paper. Why is it so hard for people to replace the empty roll with a new one? Don't you just love to find just one sheet left on the roll. After all, then it's not empty!