Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • walmart straight talk cell phone plan >
  • walmart straight talk cell phone plan

• walmart straight talk cell phone plan

Old 10-13-2013, 06:48 AM

We have iPhones on the version plan. We have their service. It's worth it to us as that's our only phone service. Got rid of our land line years ago. Got tired of keeping it so that telamarkers could call us. Was a no brainer. And with our phones with us, there are no missed calls that would require immediate attention. We also have a Toyota Prius and love it. Gets great gas mileage and saves a lot of money and is very safe.
    Old 10-13-2013, 08:32 AM
    Power Poster

Some of our friends couldn't understand why DH and I would not buy a boat or camper. We always rented one when we wanted to use it. Use it and take it back. No maint., storage, insurance, license, property tax, or upkeep needed. We didn't use the boat in the winter so why have one stored for months. We rent different sizes and models of the campers and boats and saved a lot of money.

Last edited by BellaBoo; 10-13-2013 at 08:48 AM.
    Old 10-13-2013, 08:44 AM

I had Straight Talk for my business phone for about 1 year. Drove me crazy. Wouldn't pick up calls or texts in any buildings and only worked sporadically outside. It also dropped calls like crazy. Sent the phone back to manufacturer but it was not the phone, it apparently is my area or something else. When I upgraded my own phone, I dropped the Straight Talk phone ~ made my boss very happy and me as well. Tough to do a conference call when it's about 0 degrees outside and the phone is picking up about every 3rd word. I do understand it's better now but don't know that I'd go back to them.
    Old 10-13-2013, 09:13 AM
    Power Poster

My so has it and loves it..Much less expensive....
    Old 10-13-2013, 12:44 PM

We have this plan and it is working great for us!I telephone and text, dh only phones..... Check your area about what tower they use.......ours uses Verizon and we are in a not terrific area for reception. Never have had a problem.

Previously we had one plan from AARP and the phone company 'swore' we should be getting reception, but duhhhhh it dropped calles all the time. Inside the house, outside the house, in the next town, etc, etc..... The tower for them was who knows where!
    The final straw........we had a rapist in our area where I get my hair done........imagine Not being able to rely on a 911 call getting out.....

I have hearing problems and I can hear much better with this phone plus my friends say I am much clearer......so between the service and phones, I think this company will be a keeper.

Originally Posted by mandyrose
    dose anybody on the board have this service if so how do you like it ? unlimited talk text and internet seems pretty basic which is all I neede everyone I know has all the rage in cell phones and a big monthly bill to boot... appreciate all opinions thanks
    Old 10-13-2013, 03:52 PM

I recently had to replace my phone due to a problem with me not being heard when I called people. They couldn't hear me but I could hear them . I would hang up and call again and then they could hear me. So I researched phones on Walmart.com . I ended up getting a LG Encore GT550 smartphone for 59.99. I just took my Sim card out of my old phone and charged the battery and I was back up and running. Our youngest son pays my husband and my phone bill. All we use them for is the phone calls and the occasional text that I get or send.
    Old 10-13-2013, 06:19 PM

I got this for my daughter(second one going to college)she loves it endless text minutes and internet are great. we live in a very rural area and it works better than my other daughters expenses plan.