Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Washington trip...places to see and Q Shops to visit? >
  • Washington trip...places to see and Q Shops to visit?

• Washington trip...places to see and Q Shops to visit?

Old 08-19-2011, 05:02 PM

I hope I'm putting this in the right place, seem to guess wrong every time I post, lol!

My DH and I will be traveling from Nebraska to Washington (going through SD, Montana, Idaho) next week and I wondered if any of you can recommend any great quilt shops that we should stop to see along the way? Or, also, any points of interest that are enjoyable. In Washington, I'll be in the Seattle, Bremmerton, Silverdale areas. I believe we will be traveling along the I-90 corridor. Addresses would help greatly since we have a GPS. Thanks so much!
    Old 08-19-2011, 05:58 PM

Sorry 90 runs east west 3-4 hrs south of us, but Im sure you will have a great trip, and I know you will get lots of information from other members from Washington. Alnost forgot there is a shop in Couer d Alene Id. called Lyles don't know the adress, my daughter took me about 2 years ago. Spokane has a couple of nice ones two, dont remember there names or adress but I can drive right to them! LOL
    Old 08-19-2011, 06:21 PM

If you are near Spokane you can drive west and find
    the "Buggy Barn. Very cute shop in a field, little barn with lots of stuff. You can check out their website for directions.
    Old 08-19-2011, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Rose L
    I hope I'm putting this in the right place, seem to guess wrong every time I post, lol!

My DH and I will be traveling from Nebraska to Washington (going through SD, Montana, Idaho) next week and I wondered if any of you can recommend any great quilt shops that we should stop to see along the way? Or, also, any points of interest that are enjoyable. In Washington, I'll be in the Seattle, Bremmerton, Silverdale areas. I believe we will be traveling along the I-90 corridor. Addresses would help greatly since we have a GPS. Thanks so much!
    If you have time, take the ferry from Port Orchard to Vashon Island. Island Quilter at 17626 Vashon Hwy SW is an awesome quilt shop.

You might also want to see:

Quilted Strait
    32280 Puget Way NE
    Port Gamble, WA 98364

Kingston Quilt Shop
    11264 State Hwy 104
    Kingston, WA 98346

Heirloom Quilts
    18833-B FRONT STREET
    POULSBO, WA 98370

Material Girls
    9621 Mickelberry Road NW, Suite 103.
    Silverdale, WA

You might also do a google search for Pacific Fabrics and see if any of their stores in Seattle or Bremerton will be close to where you might be.

The Kingston, Port Gamble and Poulsbo quilt shops would make a nice, easy afternoon from either Silverdale or Bremerton (or if you're coming to the Peninsula by ferry from Seattle, check out Esther's Fabrics at 181 Winslow Way E., Ste. D, in Bainbridge Island, and then hit Poulsbo and then Port Gamble and then Kingston)

Hope you have fun while you're here in the Evergreen state.
    Old 08-19-2011, 06:27 PM

Here is a link to the Western Washington Quilt Shop Hop -- you can see if any of the shops are where you might be.
    http://www.washingtonquiltshophop.co...ing_Shops.html
    Old 08-19-2011, 06:38 PM

We just went to the Denver, Wyoming, SD, etc. corridor. We saw Wall Drug and Mt. Rushmore in SD. We went to Devils Tower in WY. Definitely worth seeing all of those (Wall Drug just because everyone talks about it). We also stopped at Deadwood, SD on the recommendation of a co-workers and found it fun.
    Hope you have a lovely trip.
    Old 08-19-2011, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by Gramie bj
    Sorry 90 runs east west 3-4 hrs south of us, but Im sure you will have a great trip, and I know you will get lots of information from other members from Washington. Alnost forgot there is a shop in Couer d Alene Id. called Lyles don't know the adress, my daughter took me about 2 years ago. Spokane has a couple of nice ones two, dont remember there names or adress but I can drive right to them! LOL
    Thanks, Grammie BJ! I've added it to my list.
    Old 08-19-2011, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by jrharry
    If you are near Spokane you can drive west and find
    the "Buggy Barn. Very cute shop in a field, little barn with lots of stuff. You can check out their website for directions.
    Thank you, jrharry, We may get to the Spokane area...my daughter has some places there she wants us to see. Added to my list!
    Old 08-19-2011, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltnLady1
    Here is a link to the Western Washington Quilt Shop Hop -- you can see if any of the shops are where you might be.
    http://www.washingtonquiltshophop.co...ing_Shops.html
    QuiltnLady, thanks so much! What a great list. I appreciate that so much and I have bookmarked it so I can have it when I need it.
    Old 08-19-2011, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by Murphy
    We just went to the Denver, Wyoming, SD, etc. corridor. We saw Wall Drug and Mt. Rushmore in SD. We went to Devils Tower in WY. Definitely worth seeing all of those (Wall Drug just because everyone talks about it). We also stopped at Deadwood, SD on the recommendation of a co-workers and found it fun.
    Hope you have a lovely trip.
    Thank you, Murphy! I live fairly close to most of those places. I have actually been fortunate enough to have visited every place on your list, but all are worth seeing again and again. Did you get to see the White River on your way back east, east of the Interior? Devils Tower freaked me out a little bit. My kids were very young when I went there with them. We came around a curve in the road (coming from Rapid City) and there it was right out there in the middle of a completely flat plain. It took me a minute to associate it with the movie "Close Encounters..." Pretty awesome!! In Deadwood, we ate at the Pizza Hut, lol!!